Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
An alternative universe Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account now!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#11 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Wed May 02, 2018 8:56 am

Seralin

Shinigami
Shinigami
It was only after her spirit was formed that it spoke. "Hmmm... so this is what land without water is like." It growls out. It lowers itself down to view the Head Captain. "And to see someone that isn't weak. Why couldn't I have had someone strong like you for a wielder. Whatever..." It ignores the Head Captain's spirit, paying it no mind as it turns to Lapis. "She may have manifested me, but she is years too early to try subjugating me!" She declares. "You're just a runt, and can't handle my power!"

Lapis was panting a bit, it had taken a lot just to manifest the spirit as she did. "But... we will keep our deal... anyway." She takes a few breaths, calming herself. "I will earn Bankai. I want to better defend my home if it's attacked again!" There was a spirit in her to drive on that hadn't been there when she first asked Akane to train her. Her spirit smirks and kneels down.

"Oh? This is new, I never seen or felt such eagerness, such drive. This would have made a much better first impression with me." It turns and puts some distance between them, Lapis watching as she does. "You, the one that isn't a disappointment of a Soul Reaper. You might wanna step back. I'm putting her through my first test." She states towards Akane. Once she moved far enough she turns to face Lapis, having put nearly fifty feet between them. "As your sword, I am meant to kill. I don't care who, just as long as my blade tastes the blood of our enemies. Tell me, can you cut down a friend?" It uses it's powers to shape some water into the form of Akane. Clearly it only looked similar, for it's power was much too weak to pass off as the Head Captain. It forms four others, all members of the Kidou Corps. "Cut them down, be ruthless, kill."

Though they were weak, so was Lapis in her currently drained state. The five water clones immediately used Flash Step and each made a strike for Lapis, who only used Flash Step to evade. She knew they were just creations of water, but the emotions she put to those faces... it made her hesitant to use her blade against them. "What's the point of this...?" She asks herself, Flash Stepping again to move away as they attempt to attack her again. These were made purposefully weak, she could have killed them easily when they missed with their first attack, but it was clear she chose not to.
View user profile

#12 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Mon May 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Makishima

1st Division
1st Division
"I think it's ignoring me" Arashi rolled her eyes, arms crossed as the creature approached Akane. It seemed instinctively the zanpakuto's spirit moved to it's sword, ready to assist Akane should the need arise.. Which of course the Captain Commander took note of, it seemed that Arashi was at least a little protective of her if nothing else, not that she would ever admit it. Though for now, Akane would raise an eyebrow at her pupil's spirit wishing openly for a stronger wielder, not a good sign for someone who was attempting to tame it. Hopefully Lapis would overcome whatever challenge was to come.

"I can handle myself, please continue" The girl would watch closely, it was rather interesting to see how this spirit. It wanted Lapis to become a little more violent it seemed, by way of creating clones shaped after some people that she knew. It was kind of odd to see her own reflection like that. It was concerning that her student had decided to avoid conflict. "Lapis, you must pass this test. Non-violence is not an option. There will be situations you can't talk your way out of, and you must be ready for them" Akane would offer her advice, though there was little else she could do in this situation.
View user profile

#13 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 am

Seralin

Shinigami
Shinigami
She continued to dodge and evade, still unwilling to strike. "How could I strike my allies?! If I don't keep limits, I'll be no better than those Squad Eleven brutes!" Lapis states.

"At least those Shinigami of Squad Eleven know what being a Shinigami is about!" Her Sword Spirit snaps back. Lapis continues to evade as the sword spirit speaks. "We exist to extinguish lives, be they Hollow, Human, Plus or Shinigami! Anything that threatens the balance! If any of these 'friends were to betray you, you need to cut them down without hesitating! You're weak because you fight your purpose, runt!" It was practically growling in frustration by the end. "I can't do the fighting for you!"

Something seemed to snap within Lapis. After a bit she stopped evading and took to blocking. Her arms tense as she lashes out, cutting the head off the first. "There! I did it!" She then moves to the next, and cuts it's arms off before cutting off it's head as well. "I am not weak!" She throws her sword at the last one, the one resembling Akane. It was deflected, only for the water creation to be tackled to the ground. Lapis stares it down before she begins punching it's face. "I am not weak!" She says, and repeats after the next ten punches. Finally she makes her final punch and makes the creation burst at being put down. Lapis just sit there on her knees, panting and looking at the ground.

The sword spirit narrows it's eyes as it watches. "This is the anger, the thirst for battle that you try to hide. You but up this fake facade that you're some weakling that gets along with everyone when deep inside, you want to dominate. You want to make everyone know yours is a name to be feared. And now, your superior here knows your true self." The spirit gestures towards Akane, just as it appears to begin fading. "Hmmm... seems you're running low on energy, runt. We'll begin your next test when you bring me back out." And with that, she fades away completely back into Lapis' inner world. The woman in question was sitting in the same place, gaze at the ground and her arms wrapped around herself.
View user profile

#14 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Makishima

1st Division
1st Division
Akane would watch silently as the girl would start to fight back, questioning her actions for just a moment before she would react to the taunts. Her form was a little off, though she was a member of the Kidou Corps so that was to be expected really. The Captain commander wouldn't seem to react at all even as her clone was thoroughly beaten to death. Which seemed to be the end of the zanpakuto spirit's test for now, simply fading away back into it's own inner world. "You did well" Akane would simply allow her own spirit to fade before standing, sheathing her weapon before walking over to Lapis. Offering a hand.

"You are well on your way to unlocking your power Lapis." She would pausing, hoping to break the girl out of her stupor. "You need to be able to act when the time comes, violence is inevitable as a shinigami" it was odd saying this, Lapis had probably been working at this for longer than Akane had even existed... "If you need a rest, we can wait for another day. Or just a short break. It's up to you" Should Lapis take her hand, Akane would help her up to her feet.
View user profile

#15 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 am

Seralin

Shinigami
Shinigami
Her gaze shifts over towards the Captain Commander's hand, and hesitantly takes it. She is brought to her feet where she then walks over to her blade and takes hold of the hilt. She slides it into the sheath, having not said a word in response towards the Head Captain until now. "I... don't think I need Bankai anymore. Not if it requires me acting like some savage warrior." She turns and bows towards the Head Captain. "Thank you for your time Head Captain Akane, but I think I will head back to my squad and work on furthering my Kidou skills instead." This was making her too uncomfortable. She had no idea her Zanpakutou would have chosen such a... brutal first test. Why did it want her to fight like that when she didn't have to? She should be better than her urges to fight, not give in to it. She wasn't like those brutes in the eleventh... right?

She turns and begins walking out, ready to consider this path towards getting stronger officially closed. Kidou would have to be the way she got stronger at this rate, since pursuing Bankai meant embracing parts of herself that she refused to even acknowledge.
View user profile

#16 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Makishima

1st Division
1st Division
"I believe that would be a poor choice, Lapis" Akane would call out as the shinigami would begin "You must get stronger for your friends, or you will have no one to blame but yourself when your lack of conviction ends up with a dead comrade" It was a harsh thing to say, but this was not the kind of mentality that she wanted to create here, compromise was not the way to go. "Temper your anger, channel it into something better. The point is to subjugate your zanpakuto spirit, not let it make demands." She didn't want to make it an order just yet, but there was potential here that she saw going to waste, and that just wasn't going to stand.
View user profile

#17 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 am

Seralin

Shinigami
Shinigami
She stops short of leaving and sighs. "Trying to control anger would be like trying to hold back an ocean with nothing but your own two hands. No tools with which to build a wall, a tsunami wave just off shore. It's always there, slowly closing in and driving home that I have no way to stop it." She brings her arms up and gently hugs herself. "I am the last of my clan... all who came before me dealt with this same issue and all of them failed. They gave in to their anger, their rage... and got put down for it. I don't want that to be me. I always wanted to be the one that changed how everyone saw my clan, saw me... but it keeps looking like I can only move forward by giving in."

She didn't notice when her sword spirit manifested itself. "Because you let yourself believe you'll be controlled by it. You choose to cripple yourself instead of prove everyone wrong and shatter their expectations!" It shouts. It leans forward as Lapis turns to face it. "I can't. Kill. For. You. I am a sword born from the power of your soul, made for the purpose of fighting. Use me."

Lapis stares back at it in silence for a moment before walking around towards Akane. "Then I'll take a short break... then we will continue." Her sword spirit fades away again, once again returning to her inner world. The woman sits down and looks at the ground before her, taking time to restore her spent Spirit Energy.
View user profile

#18 Re: [Training] Relying on the Higher-Ups on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Makishima

1st Division
1st Division
"I'm glad to hear it" Akane would nod as the girl went to sit down again "However, trying to push it might just set us back." She didn't really know how exactly to release Lapis' full power, her own had just come so naturally that the experience wasn't the same. But she wanted to help her regardless. It would just take some more time for them both to figure out exactly how to go about this.

"For today, I think you should think about what you have learned, rest well and we can continue later. Converse with your Zanpakuto's spirit, come to understand it, and trust it." She nods slightly. "Unless there was anything else, I will see you tomorrow morning. You have made some great progress today Lapis."
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum