Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#11 Re: [Private] Holo-Haddaway (Maki + Alyss) on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:55 am

I was still technically a child myself. At 25, still a child. I used to run an entire group of spiritually powered people. I made mistakes then, sure. To think I was still making them now. Fear. Anxiety. Control. Things I thought I knew how to handle. And now they were coming back to haunt me. When I was new to all of this... When I lost my legs.... When I got all those people killed. All of it. It plagued me as though it were all happening again. Did I want this? Did I want to become the reason people suffered and died again? I pledged to be a protector, a teacher, a leader, and what did that amount to? Nothing. I was nothing.

I'd anxiously be tapping my feet and staring at my comms, at my door, at the clock, and back again. I couldn't take this. I wanted to have Alyss back. I needed her. I needed my adoptive daughter. She was one of the few people that actually understood who I was, and called me out when I was out of line. The rest of them trampled over me, exploited me. They made me this monster.... That's right. No. No, not quite. Alex was here too. He and Jun. They...they were always supportive of me too. No matter... I'd reach for comms once more. [Alyss, I'm proud of you for what you did today. Please return to my office. I need you here. Take your time if there's something you need to finish up.]

View user profile

#12 Re: [Private] Holo-Haddaway (Maki + Alyss) on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:07 am

"What do you mean?" He was shaking. Jonathan wasn't much better off.

"Exactly as I said. We did everything we could. I'm very sorry for your losses, but next time.... I won't be so forgiving. Do not let this happen again. If you take issue with what we do, if you feel insulted or attacked or there's something you need to get off your chest, please don't hesitate to call me. I'll always answer, and if it means I can save someone else then I'll do everything in my power to help. Head over to the infirmary for medical attention. You're both dismissed."

After waiting for both men to leave the room, Alyss sighed heavily and fell on her bed. That was exhausting, and she understood why her Mother had resorted to the tactics that she did. It made sense, given everything they'd been through, for her to rely on violence and anger. Alyss had tried to make her see a different light, and was extremely proud of both herself and her mother that she'd managed to do so correctly.

It wasn't long after they had left that Alyss received a text from her mother, requesting her to come to the office. Since she was all done, Alyss nodded to herself lightly and headed up there. Walking in and sitting down in the chair, she sighed again.

"That... was exhausting."
technique log [click to open]
N/A

View user profile

#13 Re: [Private] Holo-Haddaway (Maki + Alyss) on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:34 am

When she arrived, I bounced out of my chair and ran to hug her. My child, and yet my friend. My sanity and anchor in moments like these. "My dear. I'm not doing so well right now. I've made many mistakes over the course of my life thus far, and this isn't by far the greatest or the smallest. No, this is but one of many that I regret. I regret it, but this doesn't mean it can't be prevented from happening again. Some might pity me, for being so miserable. Some might tell me to let it all go and leave this behind. I couldn't live with myself if I stopped now, though. No. I need to be stronger, sure, but to also go forth with a level head. I need more than I can possibly give myself at this moment, and that is why I need you. Alyss. Guide me, as I guide you. Let us grow and learn together, and both strive to do what is best for all. I can see that much in you. Share it with me, I beg of you." I'd be a sobbing mess, but at the very least I hoped that she knew what she'd given me this day. I hoped she would step up and be for me what I'd tried to be for her all this time.

I was very lost at this moment, but I knew. I knew she would be what saved me from becoming the monster that I so much hated. It would take time to rebuild myself, but this time, I'd do it the right way. For her. For all the people I've hurt. For all that I've destroyed.

And I would stand on the Committee, bearing it all on my shoulders.

Finally letting Alyss go, I rested my hands on her shoulders. My smile was gentle, and that of a loving mother. Tears streamed down my cheeks, showing that I was still a bit vulnerable to all of this. "I'm sorry you had to see me in such a weak state. But for one that I trust so much, I'm okay with this knowing it is you that I can share my life with. I'll get better. I promise."

View user profile

#14 Re: [Private] Holo-Haddaway (Maki + Alyss) on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:31 am

As she looked over to her mother, Alyss smiled as she listened to the words. She'd acknowledged where she went wrong, what mistakes she'd made in the past, and how much she could still grow. She gave Alyss the respect and the commendations of what she'd said and done, acting not only older than she was expected to, but putting some humility and remorse inside her own Mother simply through a few sentences.

Violence to end the violence.

Alyss held her mother tightly with a smile on her face, crying lightly herself at her Mother's maturity with the situation, and wiped Maki's tears before her own. She stayed quiet for a few moments, then shrugged her shoulders lightly.

"Before all of this, before I ever came to New York in the first place, I was in a bad spot after a bad spot after... you get the point. You know most of that story by now, and there's nothing new to particularly mention, but I realized by looking at the two of them that their issue, whatever reason they had for doing what they did, made sense in their heads. That was what mattered most to me, to understand why they'd done it, and do what I could to prevent it in the future. I think I did a good job at that, too." Wiping her cheek, she continued. You're my Mother. You're expected to stand strong and be my rock and teach me things. But that aside, you're still Human. You make mistakes, you have emotions. I'll never think less of you. Be as honest as you can with me, and we'll get through anything, Mom."
N/A

View user profile

#15 Re: [Private] Holo-Haddaway (Maki + Alyss) on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 am

My child poured her out to me, sharing her side of the story, things I knew, and things I couldn't see. She had opened my eyes that much more, but never screamed at me for what I'd done. She instead looked to me, crying... likely for a multitude of reasons. She went on to say what I was to her, though she didn't expect me to be perfect in any way, mom or just human. "To my daughter, whom I love very much. I thank you. I will stand with you as you stand with me. And to me, that's what matters most." I sighed heavily, letting go of a great weight. I waited there in silence for a bit longer, then broke it. "Let's go get something to eat. It's the best way to grow closer together, is it not?"

View user profile

#16 Re: [Private] Holo-Haddaway (Maki + Alyss) on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Alyss smiled as her Mother seemed to finally regain her composure, hugging her one last time. She stood up and stretched lightly, cracking her neck as Maki suggested getting some food. As late as it was, Alyss was fairly tired, but wasn't going to say no to her Mom right now, so she nodded.

"Food sounds wonderful." They'd begin to leave, making sure to lock up the Office on their way out, and enjoying their night together before Alyss had to Train tomorrow. Kiyomi was back, and maybe, if Alyss was lucky, they'd get to spar!

[Thread Exit]
N/A

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum