Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1 [Open] Velvet Revolver on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:18 am

Sitting in a scrapyard somewhere in Brooklyn, I got bored, and decided to try and see what I could make with things that were simply lying around. It's a scrapyard, so the potential is endless. Old computers, mattresses, and varying sizes of household appliances as well as non-standard machines littered. Of course dirt caked everything in the area, so most people, even experienced scavengers would gloss over the most inconspicuous gems. I however... knew the exact value and potential of every morsel in here.

View user profile

#2 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:02 am

Suddenly, a streak of light flashed across the sky and pierced through, smashing straight into the ground and sending nearly all of the scrapyard's debris everywhere, leaving a crater in the impact's absence. From that crated stepped forth a large man with blond hair who looked around as he wandered to the top of the pile, gazing out over Brooklyn.

"The world. It has changed much in my time away." Leaping off the scrap pile, he landed within five feet of the small girl whom he now realized was right next to him. He gazed at her, attempting to determine if she was a threat, before realizing she was only a human. "Where is the Vatican." His question was monotonous, lacking of the standard tones that indicate a question. If anything, it was likely more of an order, and his demanding voice definitely hinted at that. His blue eyes gazed upon her, awaiting her answer.

He had been away far too long. It was time to come home.
technique log [click to open]
Ability Name: Heaven's Grace [Passive]
Description: All beings, spiritual or physical, within 50ft of Tyrael constantly receive a +1 multiplier to all stats. This cannot be removed by any circumstance, and is instantly noticed simply by being near him. Tyrael also receives this benefit.

View user profile

#3 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 am

It'd been a long time since anyone had bothered me, really. The junkyards were peaceful because no one wanted to be here. So I was free to pillage and treasure hunt most days. It was sort of my second home, aside from the Committee base. It was quiet today too, that is until some comet dude crashed into my neatly stacked cool stuff pile. "Not cool, man. Now I have to... ehhh, I can fix it, it's whatever." He'd mutter something weird about what the Earth had been once or something... yeah I think he's probably crazy. I'd detect something freaky about him though, tilting my visor and scanning him. His power level was way over 9000, that was for sure. I'd been given an analysis of his power. Hmmm. He can kill things, stop a train, regenerate.... mmkay, so angel, gotcha. Wait. What the fuck is Angel Radio...?

Ohhh. "Yo, I've got angel radio too. It's called a hybrid polywaveform radio transistor. I just call it a HyPoRT though." Still. I was kinda sad that most of his abilities didn't translate well to cyber-puzzling. Then I'd get the one question I wasn't expecting. Of course, he would be a Catholic Angel. "Yeah about that. It's been destroyed. Sorry buddy." And there it was. I'd put it out there, gauging his reaction. I was sorta hoping he wouldn't think I was lying and kill me on the spot.

View user profile

#4 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:17 pm

A strange visor covered her eyes as she seemed to carefully inspect Tyrael. Her next comment confirmed this, as there was no logical way for any Human or otherwise to know what Angel Radio even was. The last time Angels had visited the Earth, it was to commit genocide against the creatures of grim intent now colloquially known as Dinosaurs. Shaking his head softly at her full comment, Tyrael looked away and waited for her to answer his actual question, stopping cold in his tracks and thoughts when she did.

...Destroyed? The Vatican was Protected. How could it be Destroyed? It was the one building on Earth that was intended to survive the Apocalypse. As to which one, specifically, it didn't matter. The Vatican was always supposed to survive. How could it be destroyed?

"No." He looked towards the East, listening in on all radio frequencies that he could hear from his position. "That's not possible." Looking down at the girl, he decided to humor her a bit and figure out what she meant. "Your... Hybrid Polywaveform Radio Transistor cannot pick up on Angel Radio. It's at a frequency that Humans can't hear, and technology can't comprehend. You do not have Angel Radio, Human."
Description: All beings, spiritual or physical, within 50ft of Tyrael constantly receive a +1 multiplier to all stats. This cannot be removed by any circumstance, and is instantly noticed simply by being near him. Tyrael also receives this benefit.

View user profile

#5 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Toying with him didn't seem possible, nor did it seem fun. Damn. "Hmm, it would seem so then. Angels get to have all the fun. I'd ask ya if I could have some fun as well, but I don't think you're capable of fun. Either way, I'm just screwin' around. The Vatican has been destroyed a few times, but they keep rebuilding the shite. I don't know how, but they do it so quickly that no one really notices. Of course I would though, I notice lots of things." I would continue tinkering with some varying scrap treasures, occasionally pulling one from the pile, splitting it apart, and selecting pieces that I needed. Technology was my personal bitch, and that was fun.

Right, I should actually answer him for real then. "Right, Vatican. According to my bearings and GPS... If you go that way, and fly about 1250 human miles, you should at least be able to see it, if not be right on top of it. So with that, I've got work to do." I'd finish slapping something akin to what I imagined an angel sword would look like, but I was visibly disappointed. Something about it seemed rather off, be it the blade length, the fact that I couldn't get it to glow or spit fire... I don't know really.

View user profile

#6 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Repeat: The Vatican has been secured. All other Angels, please take time to orient yourself with the new Earth. We will be here for a while.

Nodding, Tyrael turned to look at the small girl. He gave her another once-over and decided that she would be his guide until he figured out where exactly he was.

"Change of plans. Would.. you... mind.... showing me around?" It felt weird to ask, rather than demand, but Tyrael was obviously trying to be more polite as he was definitely asking this time, rather than an indirect order like his last 'question.' "I would like to know what my coordinates are and what city this is, please. Then... could you walk with me and catch me up on Human History?"

This was going to be a long day, but if the girl didn't want to go with him, then there wasn't much he could do about that. Suddenly, he realized something and shook his head again, most likely cutting her off as he spoke once more.

"My name is Tyrael."

View user profile

#7 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:25 am

Strange fellow would put a hand to his ear like he was receiving a transmission. That must have been the Angel-specific radio he'd mentioned. Well damn, guess it's not something I have after all. Oh well. He asked me to show him around, since he no longer seemed worried about the Vatican. I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure, let's start with this area. This is where humans come to throw things away that they don't want. I'm one of the odd people that likes to see what other people have tossed. I myself have found quite a lot that's still useful here. Enough about that though, let's explore the rest of the city. By the way, all of what you're going to see is referred to collectively as 'New York City' in the country of 'America'. " I would lead him out of the junkyard after hastily stuffing what I could carry into my storage pack. I'd be back for the rest later.

He'd stop me for a moment before giving me his name, Tyrael. Yep, that's a fucking angel name if I'd ever heard one. Then I felt kinda dumb cause I hadn't given my name either. "The name's Velvet. Velvet Velderine. Pleasure to meet you, Tyrael."

With that, the first thing I'd do is wander around the Brooklyn district, pointing out diners, delicatessens, the Bridge named for the area, and several other key locations. "It's important to note that as cool as some of these places are, they're mostly geared for tourists and sightseers. You don't make me think of those types. To be honest, you'd rather know the state of this world. To which I've gotta tell ya.... Humans have become so self-centered, it's sickening. What they discard is a crime, and what they do to bolster their self-image is worse. If you have anything to do with Hell, you must be busy. I imagine it's filled to the brim with horrid people right now." We'd been walking for a long time, and by now we'd be closer to central New York, near Times Square. "It's easy to see if ya look around, isn't it? People enslaved by consumerism, and needing to feel important. I despise that ideal myself."

View user profile

#8 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:35 am

At first it seemed like she was only going to show him through the Junkyard, which would make him growl lightly and glare at her, but eventually she started to show him to New York City in America. Tyrael gazed upon the buildings as they walked, impressed with their size and the sheer quantity of them, as well as their stability. He wasn't aware Humans had the technology yet to create buildings of this size, but was glad to be proven wrong as they looked fabulous.

Her name was Velvet. He smiled and bowed lightly at her after the introduction, which then continued on the tour. Eventually she stated that he'd rather know the state of the world, which wasn't entirely wrong, although he was enjoying seeing the buildings. She went on to explain Humans being self-centered and horrid, which made Tyrael nod lightly. He looked around at her command, seeing hundreds of people staring into tiny boxes of light in their hands, few of them speaking to each other and even fewer acknowledging each other.

"It is indeed sad, but Humans were gifted with Free Will. There is nothing which can be done about it, so it is best to not focus on it for too long. What about yourself, Velvet Velderine? Are you self-centered and enslaved by consumerism?" He knew the answer based on her despisition of that ideal, but was curious to what her reaction would be.

View user profile

#9 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Tyrael did seem more interested in the buildings and overall feel of New York than I'd thought. Not that I blamed him. Anyone's first time taking it in is a bounty to behold. But even as beautiful as the surface is, looking beyond it shows a grisly truth. He seemed aware of this as I did, and I was grateful of that. On top of that his manners were Angelic so to speak. It wasn't until he'd asked another question that I found myself upset, and that only happens in certain circumstances. He had referred to Free Will as the reason things were like this. It was also the reason that I rejected it. I got that....

But to hear him defer and ask me if I rejected consumerism and the self-centric nature that I spoke of... I struggled to answer. "I... I don't wanna say that. I spoke out against the ideal... but I wouldn't be half of what I am if I didn't value myself as much, nor if I took the scraps from the rots of consumerism. I'm a scavenger of their ideals, because I see what value remains in them. Is that wrong, Tyrael?" I was unable to look him in the eye. I'd been so confident before. But why couldn't I be that way now?

View user profile

#10 Re: [Open] Velvet Revolver on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Tyrael listened to the girl's words, smiling as she realized (or at least seemed to realize) that she was the same way, even if she tried to hate it. He extended a hand to her, and if she took it he'd shake before patting her on the head. Her words rang true, but that wasn't as much of the reason as he was being so friendly.

"Free Will, Velvet. I cannot stand to the side and think less of Humanity because all of you have that one trait that I do not possess. You were all given the ability to choose what you'd like to do. While in your eyes some people may have made the wrong decisions, who is to say that you have not made the wrong decisions in theirs? My point is, it can be sad to look at it as a whole, but I look at it as everyone: everyone on Earth is doing whatever it is that they would like to, whatever it is that they want to do with their life, and I would absolutely be a villain if I were to say that they could not do so." Shrugging his shoulders, he spotted a Hotdog stand across the street. While he himself didn't actually need to eat, he wondered what they would taste like. Pointing to it, he hoped Velvet would treat him.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum