Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that need to be addressed.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:01 am

Vizard
Vizard
I like this site and the vast majority of the people that frequent it (Though some are more "frequent" than others..).. I understand that everyone has life-shit going on, as I type this now I am only recently removed from a hospital I will be going back to tomorrow for what might as well be my little sister. I have college starting in less than two weeks, I have work 5 days a week in the Summer and this Summer it has been 6 most weeks due to a fuck-ton of on-job injuries, and random people quitting.

We all have lives, we all have issues. But this isn't something that magically became a thing as of a couple months ago, or even 4 months ago. Even when this site hit it's peak several months ago, we had the same issues. The difference is as a site on the whole? We got along better, and we pushed through these issues. We found new people willing to dedicate their time to this lovely site of ours, people were creating new characters, doing things with their organizations not just waiting for Ika or Rena (Alicia) to press the matter. People had no issue maintaining and keeping up with multiple threads at once. I, had no problem doing this, and still don't. My issue isn't with posting, it's finding people that are willing to fucking post.

So with this in mind I am going to make light of a few issues I've noticed of late, and some things that need to change long term to make this forum a better, and more active place to Roleplay. Make no mistake, I'd rather shut this place down (and I do have the founder key, take that as you will..) than let it become some inactive shipwreck scrounging out 100 posts a month. Some sites are great for that, but it's not ever what I envisioned for this one, and it's not something I would persist on wasting my time on.

Issue One: Communication- I don't know why all of a sudden everyone gets pissed off over everything anyone says about anything, but stop that shit or leave. If you can't handle chat content there is zero purpose in you sticking around short of you being a fucking nuisance. The next person that's not staff that tells a member what they can and cannot say will have the shit smacked out of them, assuming it's not something like "kill all the blacks and gays" in an unironic context. I'm tired of the fighting, I'm tired of the lack of discussion. If you don't like the people on the site there is zero fucking reason for you to be her.

Issue Two: Apathy- I've been bitching about site activity for three months and all I've heard is the equivalent of "who cares, people have lives, -insert excuse- and -insert name- isn't around anymore!" Or, "Yeah I would post but vidya games are kewl!" Or "I work and don't sleep or do sleep but can't be fucked with." Essentially any multitude of excuses that once in a while? Are fucking fine. Every god damn day? Not so much. I have trusted lots of you with top tier positions, top tier characters, and plot involvement out the ass. I have done whatever I can to encourage activity from a good chunk of the member-base, but I will not continue to attempt to draw blood from a fucking stone. If you do NOT reach 25 posts a month barring valid excuse (and that won't work every fucking month either) You will not be maintaining a Captain level character or better. It will not be happening. If I choose to prioritize you on this site, make this site a fucking priority, or piss off. Better yet, tell me you don't intend to prioritize this site, and quit wasting my fucking time.

Issue three: Comfort Zones- Everyone seems perfectly okay with sitting in their comfort zone, posting once a day, maybe twice. Doing one thread, maybe two at a time, and doing fuck all the rest of the time. I've seen people turn down threads for literally no fucking reason other than "muh plot" or something stupid and silly like that.

Fucking newsflash! It's a Roleplay. Be spontaneous, and do lots of shit. Have fun. If you want a well structured Roleplay with stringent timelines and rules carved in stone and written with blood, why the hell did you join this site where the head admin is in 26 threads at once <-
End rant. SO, if anyone would like to expand on these points? Go for it. Anyone have something to add? Go for it. Any agreements, disagreements, suggestions, proposed rule changes, issues you're having on the site. Anything site related that could be contributing to any of these issues and or site-activity, say so here. Final warning, final rant. If we're down to five members by the end of this and everyone on this site hates my guts? It'll be fine by me, so long as I'm no longer rewarding apathy, stagnation, regression, and all around mediocrity.

Apps and Info:

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:18 am

8th Division
8th Division
I agree, quite frankly on every nearly single aspect of this. Mainly the fact that we've given and given lots of power out to people that barely earn it. We don't have enough people to contest positions anymore, and quite frankly there's no 'threat' to what they get on creation. That and I'd suggest reinstating a +tier system for whatever the currently weakest of the four main orgs is.

It would change based on overall power, not a permanent thing. I'm mainly tired of there being fuckall 200 humans and 6 people showing up for org meetings.

Play the game, use all the pieces, leave your cards on the table.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:35 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
I agree, granted I am guilty of quite a bit of what you said (mainly issue three, and to a lesser extent two), but I still keep my posts coming, so long as people respond in a sensible manner (tries not to make any one person wait more than a day or two for a reply).

I need to be better about actively hunting down new thread, though I like to keep myself in no more than 6 active topics at once (much more and I get a little jumbled), and as such I rarely get to the point where I need/want to hunt down threads (Though I have a couple waiting on openings).

View user profile

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:45 am

Vizard
Vizard
Shana , 6 threads at once is fine. You're a top poster on the site and I've yet to see a month where you didn't hit 50 posts. This isn't about you, and I'm actually slightly more irked now that the people this is about aren't responding, and the ones that it's not about are. It's just making my point for me.

Apps and Info:

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:00 am

Since I'm clearly one of the people who sticks to one MAYBE 2 threads I'll chime in. There were a few things that drew me back to this RP. The first was what I thought was the addition of rules that forced people in threads to post in a timely manner. This is something I've rarely seen on other sites which is infuriating but *shrug* I can't do anything about that. The second was that the quality of posts seemed to have gotten better. Probably because certain people who were just god awful writers aren't in high ranking and mandatory active positions. Who reeeally knows??

Putting active RPers like myself in the same box as those who are active like you want but only in spurts before vanish leaving all hell to happen, or not happen, is just dumb, sorry but it is. Between these two types of RPer only one of them causes stagnation and it's not the prior. I'm not for and will never be for the whole "ask not what your country-er RP forum can do for you but what you can do for your RP forum" crap when I'm not in a position of authority. Didn't volunteer to be a mod, rarely ever liked being one, so no. I'm here for purely selfish reason. If those reasons align with your own goals, great, but I'm not going out of my way though...unless there's something in it for me.

I like relatively neat histories and personal plots, sue me. At one point I'd wanted to just make a bunch of different characters just to make sure I could RP every day (again, not for the sake of meeting your crazy posts number preferences, just because I like to RP). But I am just getting the sense that if I did it would not only NOT be appreciated, but my characters, which I always make sure to put a good amount of effort into, would be subject to the whims of whoever is in charge of the approval process, their own perception of where a plot should go, and their own tastes as opposed to effort, how the character character could contribute to the RP just by having a relevant personal plot, etc.. Having my work devalued is probably one of my biggest pet peeves (if that's the right word). Like ok, great, you want to make sure that proven active folks get high positions, but having a char I make be shat on and placed under someone that doesn't even fill out their entire character app?? Yeah, nu-uh. I guess the best way to address this is to do what you've suggested and raise/lower ranks based on other factors? That could kinda work I guess. You have said on a few occasions that this site is a ladder. I mean then there's the fact that I've waited on some high ranking folks to post for me anywhere from a week to...gawd how long have I been waiting for my Espada induction thread? I mean I kinda (not kinda, but seriously) find it disrespectful as fawk when I see someone I've waiting on a post for for more than even a few hours even just living it up in the chat knowing god damned well they owe me a post. It's w/e I guess... anyways...yeah, ladder, I get that I guess.  :urharaftw:  

Not sure I would say I'm apathetic because my own interest in RPing in an  active Bleach RP are obviously tied to this place being successful, but idk, maybe you all see me that way?

I was going to talk about the mediocrity part but then I realized that I am the furthest thing from a mediocre RPer that has ever and will ever exist...like ever...like you're all truly blessed to be in the same digital space as me, like I mean I get myself hot and bothered sometimes because of all the different levels of good I am.

Anyways...what the hell is everyone's problem with structure and specificity? Whatever...

I was planning on making a character that is just into random stuff so that I could basically jump into multiple threads without having to worry about a timeline at all, but idk maybe it could be fun??

Am I not supposed to post here cause I see that Noz made a separate topic.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:05 am

Sorry, I'm on very little sleep for me...like 6 hours compared to my usual 10 today so I know there are probably nonsensical sentence fragments all up in that betch but I felt like I needed to respond ASAP.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:29 am

Vizard
Vizard
This is where you're supposed to post Ciru, and I'll address this in separate points.

[quote="Cirujano Nadroj"]Since I'm clearly one of the people who sticks to one MAYBE 2 threads I'll chime in. There were a few things that drew me back to this RP. The first was what I thought was the addition of rules that forced people in threads to post in a timely manner. This is something I've rarely seen on other sites which is infuriating but *shrug* I can't do anything about that. The second was that the quality of posts seemed to have gotten better. Probably because certain people who were just god awful writers aren't in high ranking and mandatory active positions. Who reeeally knows??

I got lax on those because people were giving me valid reasons for absences, unfortunately it is very much becoming a "give an inch, take a mile" type situation, and me being lax is very much going to need to end.

Putting active RPers like myself in the same box as those who are active like you want but only in spurts before vanish leaving all hell to happen, or not happen, is just dumb, sorry but it is. Between these two types of RPer only one of them causes stagnation and it's not the prior. I'm not for and will never be for the whole "ask not what your country-er RP forum can do for you but what you can do for your RP forum" crap when I'm not in a position of authority. Didn't volunteer to be a mod, rarely ever liked being one, so no. I'm here for purely selfish reason. If those reasons align with your own goals, great, but I'm not going out of my way though...unless there's something in it for me.

I never said you were equal contributors to the sites stagnation, at no point did that leave my mouth/fingers. I quite simply said both cap/limit the sites activity to an extent that can't be ignored. The spurt posting is my biggest gripe, I'll clarify that right here. Ciru I've heard many gripes about you, and your personality is all of them. You're so far up your own ass sometimes it's intolerable. Other than the occasional fluff complaint your RP is viewed as being pretty high-quality. You're one of the better writers on the site, and I've no problem acknowledging this point. The problem with your characters, and why they often aren't "appreciated"
how you'd like, is because they're developed in an app as opposed to in character. I fundamentally disagree with that, and it takes time out of my ability to help others partake in RP, and for me myself to partake. Other than that power-wise I have never limited your characters for long, and have bumped your characters due to the fact that you are in fact, a good Roleplayer. With all that being said you're considered by plenty to be an obnoxious pain in the ass, and I'm not the first person to tell you this, nor will I be the last.
I don't mind you as much because I know how to take you, and if you got on my nerves as badly as you do some people frankly I'd just fucking ignore you. But that's an entirely different matter. Bottom line is I'm unsure as to what you're referencing in regards to me limiting your character. I've went as far as making long-term plans with your characters, involving one of the most tenured and powerful characters on the site. I specifically picked Cirujano to beat Kokoro down the line to emphasize his intellect and ability to trick/trap people, to emphasize his innate character in general. The fact you think I'm limiting you is rather dumb, and I'd be curious to hear what made you draw this conclusion. The problem with your perspective is you think individuals make the site work, and they don't. Your incentive should be maintaining the RP you supposedly enjoy, if that alone is not incentive enough? I don't know what to entice you with, and I'm just going to continue to run the site as I always have. Get on the train or have Ciru's Bleach RP elsewhere,
don't care. Hope you stick around, but if you're too simple to see how contributing to a site you enjoy benefits you, I'm not going to bend backwards and try to justify common sense.

But I am just getting the sense that if I did it would not only NOT be appreciated, but my characters, which I always make sure to put a good amount of effort into, would be subject to the whims of whoever is in charge of the approval process, their own perception of where a plot should go, and their own tastes as opposed to effort, how the character character could contribute to the RP just by having a relevant personal plot, etc.. Having my work devalued is probably one of my biggest pet peeves (if that's the right word). Like ok, great, you want to make sure that proven active folks get high positions, but having a char I make be shat on and placed under someone that doesn't even fill out their entire character app?? Yeah, nu-uh. I guess the best way to address this is to do what you've suggested and raise/lower ranks based on other factors? That could kinda work I guess. You have said on a few occasions that this site is a ladder. I mean then there's the fact that I've waited on some high ranking folks to post for me anywhere from a week to...gawd how long have I been waiting for my Espada induction thread? anyways...yeah, ladder, I get that I guess.  :urharaftw:  

Already addressed the character concerns, not going to dwell on that bit too much. The simple fact is we philosophically disagree on the importance of a character application. It is only relevant to the RP itself in that it defines a character you wish to portray, and I as staff am tasked with being sure it does not impede on someone else's ability to do the same. This usually means my focus is on powers, and making sure it's filled out mostly. It's that simple. As for Rena, whom I'm not sure why you didn't just address her by name, not exactly a secret she's behind, I'm pretty sure she's conceding that position. It sucks, it puts us further behind the 8-ball than I'd like to be, but it is what it is. When she has time where her kid isn't having issues, I'll discuss it with her further. Rena isn't immune to this, and I'm not going to justify her not posting because she can probably do that without my help.

Not sure I would say I'm apathetic because my own interest in RPing in an  active Bleach RP are obviously tied to this place being successful, but idk, maybe you all see me that way?

I was going to talk about the mediocrity part but then I realized that I am the furthest thing from a mediocre RPer that has ever and will ever exist...like ever...like you're all truly blessed to be in the same digital space as me, like I mean I get myself hot and bothered sometimes because of all the different levels of good I am.

I'd say you come across as selfish more than apathetic, you've admitted that much really. That being said sometimes doing shit for others benefits you inherently, or is otherwise necessary. This is one of those cases, and I'd strongly urge you to see it that way, if only because of how much you could accomplish here if you did. As for mediocrity I find mediocrity to be someone posting
5 times a week just to get by, the site becomes mediocre activity wise, the RP level here certainly isn't perfect, but I'm also understanding that I myself, am not perfect. We have plenty of quality in regards to RP to go around in regards to our member-base. That is my honest opinion on the matter.

Anyways...what the hell is everyone's problem with structure and specificity? Whatever...

I was planning on making a character that is just into random stuff so that I could basically jump into multiple threads without having to worry about a timeline at all, but idk maybe it could be fun??

As for the rest, I'd recommend trying the latter idea. Or just doing it with what you have now. Either or.. And for the first bit, I like some structure, I just don't like it to the point that it's constraining. I RP for freedom, not for more confines.

Apps and Info:

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 am

Human
Human
I'm still new to all of this but hey I guess I'll say something. Yes, I need to post more I understand that and hold more topics, but that is quite hard when you are doing topics with the same people. It boring after a while. We need a way to get more people here so we have a wider chance to thread. With us just making a bunch of different charas is cool and all but still the same person behind the thing.

On another note I understand that it's end of summer and people at not too happy about that and is getting stuff ready for school -Still have summer work to do- but that can't take away from the fact that we do have actually lives. Some days I am out all day and it's hard to type when you are gone all day. I digress though.

We do need better communication where people are getting the rp style they want with who they want. I've been wanting to do a Committee thing for a while and now I'm not sure if we are our not. If things like that are being talked about on discord. A private chat should be made or something so when people who jump in late or after it ended people can see the notes. It's hard and quite a bit annoying scrolling through the whole chat and reading what everyone says when 70% isn't about the issues. On top of that when the convo is about the issues, it's such much rambling and back and fourth it gets difficult and just meh to follow along. For stuff like that I feel should be in voice chat and on a google doc.

But main thing is we need more people....

View user profile

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am

Vizard
Vizard
Some of that is fair, but I'll address most of it in the morning.

Apps and Info:

on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:46 am

9th Division
9th Division
Alright. I was given a deadline to speak in here and I'm meeting it.

First off, as far as the communication factor is concerned...I fully agree with it. There are those of us who are walking around with chips on our shoulders, weights on our ankles, and eyes in the back of our heads when certain others are present. I honestly could care less what brought about those issues, but as far as making this site work...there are plenty others who you can work with in order to keep the site rolling. In essence, what I'm saying is...if anyone has any issues pertaining to a specific person...what we should have is a system in place where we speak our mind about said person to the staff and then it's over. Like leaving an unwanted gift for the neighbor when it isn't their birthday. Once you did that, you put the issue to the back of your mind, move on, and focus on others who you are working with on threads or finding someone to start a thread with. Otherwise...if that is already putting a thread in jeopardy, then those concerns had better get to staff faster than usual in order to not hold up any site progress, behaviors, and attitudes. I already know where I stand on communication. I talk to everyone, staff..non-staff...n00bies...veterans...it doesn't matter. There's only one person that I'm on thin ice with and she knows who she is.

Next, speaking of site progress...coming up with reasons not to post on a regular basis shouldn't be a thing. If you came here, you originally came here for a reason...at least that was what was believed. If that situation has changed since arriving on the scene, then perhaps you shouldn't be questioning the site, the staff, or the community...but yourself. No one else provides you with the reason for why you do or don't do something than you yourself. Whether that reason is 'valid' or not, that remains to be seen and deliberated upon by the staff but it should first be validated by you...the RP'er. And think about it like this, if you even have to question whether the reasoning behind why you aren't posting is valid, then you should probably look at yourself and figure out the true reason why you aren't posting because you are about to not only lie to the staff but to yourself as well. As for the group who do have a valid reason but rely on it so strongly that becomes a lame excuse...you should fix that as well. Reasons are like clean laundry, you can only wear them for so long and then they begin to smell bad as they need to be discarded and/or replaced. I know where I stand on this as while my post count has been at it's lowest since I've joined, I'm still posting something. I am going through things in my life and these transitions haven't been the easiest but I'm not outright ignoring everything. I am posting when and where I can and just recently posted a new thread even. So I'm not completely down in the dumps yet.

Finally, I don't think too much more can be said here that Ika didn't say. I hope this particular issue gets cleared up as well. If you are turning down posts, then why are you even here to begin with? That just doesn't make any sense.

I hope that satisfies you Ika as those are my thoughts on these matters. If you have any questions and such, you know what to do.

View user profile
#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum