Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please log in to post a topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

on Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 am

Fullbringer
Fullbringer
Alex felt the pressure leave. Then he marched right to Maki's office, and opened the door, closing it again. [color=green]"I'm glad he didn't piss on the door to melt it this time and seemed a tiny bit more respectful, but do enlighten me about why the guy that we should be arresting or kill if necessary stopped by again and talked with you? Depending on your answer, you might have caused a massive shitstorm...particularly if a certain blond teenager finds out. Or earned his praise, and the praise of others." He had a bad feeling in his gut about this. He already trusted the guy as far as he could throw him. But a second meeting, after how well it went last time? Something smelled off.

View user profile

on Mon May 08, 2017 5:49 am

8th Division
8th Division
I know Alex meant well, he always did, and one as aged as him knows how to handle and defuse situations, at least I would hope. I was hoping more than anything however... that he would understand why I allowed the infamous Ika Mazi back into the Committee's walls for a second meeting. "I do hope you'll trust my judgement this time around. I was not pressured into anything, nor was I sold short. The terms of what we discussed were further akin to that of an armistice or a truce than an alliance. Seeing as my goal is to preserve human life, I found it best to call him back. A force like his is best left on our side, not against us."

I would hope that Alex was steeled enough to keep his cool. I did not want the blonde Jun hearing about this and immediately flaring up against me. The last thing I needed was my own kind turning on me. "To be blunt and honest with you, There was nothing he offered in place that would harm us, or our interests, and still allows us to seek peace with Gotei. The terms are if either of us are attacked, we rush to the other's aid. This includes Hollows and Arrancars if the need arises. I would ask that for the sake of peace, you would have faith in your leader. I will not let myself be weak again. I heavily stressed that we the Committee would not seek war with any group, that we would strive to remain neutral if the possibility existed."

To be fully sure that my adviser understood me, I would give him a steeled and adamant look. The look that met his gaze was one of stern, solid confidence. If he knew me and trusted me, I had the hope that he would trust my judgement and the decision that I had made not more than 30 minutes ago.

Play the game, use all the pieces, leave your cards on the table.

View user profile

on Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Fullbringer
Fullbringer
Alex blinked before sitting down in a chair, meeting her gaze head on. "Let's start from the beginning. Everything that was said. And I mean everything. We are talking about a guy who showed blatant disrespect and threatened to attack us if we pursued an alliance with the Gotei 13. An alliance that would have strong support, I might add. Where's this one doesn't make much sense, given his previous meeting with you and the very name of his organization. Plus we have had some issues with at least one of his people, Dre. So, forgive me if I'm a little perplexed and wish to know a bit more. I know Jun well enough to know that he's gonna mad as hell and it might be a good idea to prepare some potentially better responses than on the spot...definitely a good thing that he's on mission right now. But, anyways, do go on."

As always, he kept his cool, and just wished to know a bit more about his leader's thought process and exactly what went on during the meeting. Potentially both meetings. First impressions do go a long way after all, and Ika's was not a good one.

View user profile

on Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 am

8th Division
8th Division
Alex seemed cautious and a little distraught even, though seemingly more for my sake, and potentially that of Jun, who I agreed on the part of being glad that he wasn't here right now. I took a loose breath, then gave him a solid glare, unmoving and stern. "The objective of this organization is to pursue and maintain peace in the human world, is it not? The best way to do that is by doing our job of protecting human life while remaining truly neutral to every other force that would act in our area of jurisdiction. That includes CHAOS. I figure that holding a neutral relationship, partially to the extent of lending aid if the necessity arises is better than holding a strained relationship with them. Nothing I have agreed to would damage our relationship with Gotei either, so I don't want to hear any unneeded strains from Jun about this, alright? I'm not here to make friends. I'm here for one reason, to keep humanity safe. Let me do my job."

I was hoping my sincerity and confidence was showing through. I no longer felt controlled or strained to make the right decision, and instead felt like I was doing what I should have been doing. It might not be the popular choice, but in my opinion, it was the correct one. I'd stick around to hear him out, considering he was my sole advisor. If he felt there was something more to this, it was his job to pipe up.

View user profile

on Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Fullbringer
Fullbringer
Alex sat there still with his perplexed expression. "That might work with the general soldiery, and that's a strong might but they won't have the courage to say anything, but not me or any other officer, including Jun. What has Ika done or agreed to do for this smoothing out of relations? Has he agreed that if any of his people mess up again that we can arrest them without worry of attack from him or the rest of CHAOS? What have we agreed to do with them aside from maybe assisting them should they need it? Don't get me wrong, it's good to smooth out relations with a group whose area of influence is also in the world of the living, but given our issues with them in the past, they also need to make some concessions. Including keeping their people in line. It's a step that he reversed his decision on attacking us should we pursue any good relations with the Gotei, whether it is your upcoming meeting or later, but there has to be more due to his subordinate's actions. I realize I might be overstepping my bounds, but with such an unpopular decision, it needs to be explained thoroughly to your officers, and maybe even to a lesser degree to the general populace. I don't see Jun being quiet no matter what, so asking me to keep him off your back about this is about like telling a rabid hollow not to eat a juicy soul right in front of him.

Another part of being a leader is to make sure you answer your subordinates' questions, even if they don't like the answer, at least answer them. Otherwise, they'll start doubting you and you risk abandonment. Looking over some records, the Tomoshibis have been funding us for almost a hundred years, and if they suddenly stop, the UN will start having doubts and will possibly investigate us. That could be messy, or it could be nothing, but it will be a pain in the butt and could stall any plans we may have. While we might be a lot more sustainable when it comes to funding, so we're not as reliable on the Tomoshibis, it's still something to think about. Even if Jun doesn't like your answers, he'll back off and most likely will stay, if glare at Ika and his people every chance he gets.

You're hardly the only person here for that reason. Damn near everyone here is here to do exactly that as well, because they can't do it on their own. Just as you can't do so on your own. They deserve answers on this unpopular decision. You can still do your job while doing that. But if you're dead set on not giving us a real answer, I'll draw up some worst case scenarios, based on how well I know Jun and people's likely reactions. And see how things go."

If Maki doesn't concede and start going into more detail, Alex would get up, bow respectfully, and leave. But if she told him to sit back down and start explaining, he would. And he would listen.

View user profile

on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:12 am

8th Division
8th Division
I was honestly getting tired of the mistrust, but for the sake of Alex and Jun, I decided I'd fill them both in on the specific details regarding the meeting that Ika himself instated. "Alex. Ika came first off, to apologize and to suggest a renewal of agreements. There was a situation with Accelerator which had escalated to the point of tensions burning, and it was resolved. Secondly, the allotment of areas of control for both the Committee and CHAOS were clearly marked. We cannot fully control what Ika and his lot do, but I made it clear that no one of major significance was to be harmed or we would have issues. Aside from that, a loose truce implying that if one or the other of us was attacked by a foreign entity, like for example, the Espada, we would rush to the aid of the other. I will ensure that Ika holds himself to that end of the bargain. He requested that I apologize to Accelerator for the purpose of remaining on stable terms, and I have done so. The last thing that Ika asked was that if we were to meet with Gotei, that we ask him to come along as well. Since as of that meeting, we are loosely allied, I would prefer that it be that way. There is nothing in any of that Jun or the subordinates should feel distress over. If there is any concern over the decision, and Ika turns out to be as shifty as everyone fears he is, I will deal with him myself. For the moment, I trust him, despite his overall lack of charm and tact. Are there any more questions you have for me, Alex?"

I would simply stare him down, hoping that he understood that the room he had to refute did not exist. I was not an authoritarian leader, but this was one issue that was my business, and strictly that. I would decide what would be done about it, and would not tolerate dissent from those below me simply because it was an unpopular choice.

View user profile

on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:45 am

Fullbringer
Fullbringer
Alexander again just gave her a deadpan look. "One, drop the tone, I'm too old for that shit. And not too many people would be too impressed with it anyways. Two, you mentioned nothing of Dre, who is one of Ika's people, and our problems with him. What's going on there or was he even mentioned or is there a report that I missed? Three, for what reason does Ika have to be at that meeting? It should be strictly between you and the Captain Commander. Him no where nearby. The only reason I can think of to have him be there is to try to manipulate one or both of you or influencing one or both of you. He has no purpose there. If the three of you want to meet later, cool, but this first meeting should be strictly between you two. Just so you know, depending on how your conversation with Jun goes, he will tell some very...poor taste jokes designed to piss you off to your face, and the general soldiery likely to mention it behind your back and also provide doubt into your capabilities with some added misogyny. Last but not least and this IS the biggest downfall of what you just told me and is the biggest reason for distress...who the hell are we to play god? Who is important enough to risk our lives for and who isn't? If they kill a random homeless person in some third world country and it's highly suspect to having been done by spirituals, even a human with spiritual powers, we are obligated to investigate it, to find who did it, and arrest them. Whether it's government officials or the Pope, or random people on the streets to orphans, we cannot play favorite when it comes to who to protect and who to leave behind. That was part of the old CDHC/D, now part of the Center of Capture and Control and a Combat Team. We cannot play favorites on that and you literally just gave enough reason for the UN to intervene or worse, even worldwide condemnation. Enough reason for a splinter in the Committee, possibly even civil war or mutiny. Which doesn't help anyone. So you need to revise that immediately. No one here is naïve enough to think we can save everyone, but you still don't give permission for a an organization or anyone to kill an innocent being. That is the most distressing part of all of this and is something I cannot leave off the record and you can bet you've lost at least Jun just because of that reason.

So, two questions you definitely need to answer. I don't know...I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, you think this is just between you and Ika or just about you...it isn't. Every decision you make as the leader of the Committee affects us too. And sometimes even the world. Especially that last one. Just, take my words on that last particular matter exceptionally serious and correct it. I cannot stress it enough..."
Alex practically begged her on that one. But the other two questions he needed answers for.

View user profile

on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:49 am

8th Division
8th Division
"I trust you Kerensky. You know I do. But do not assume for even a fucking moment, that I am going to allow Ika to do whatever the hell he wants. I did not GIVE him permission to kill anyone. You act like the gaps in my wording lead you to imply that I've done something far beyond what has actually happened. Dre was not discussed in the slightest, and to be honest, no one told me anything of him thus far. How can you expect me to deal with issues on the account of this organization if you do not notify me of such things. Lastly, I am damn tired of these implications in the slightest that my subordinates will bash me for making necessary decisions. I am not playing God, I am not trying to align myself with those who would harm our interests, and for the last fucking time, I am NOT playing favorites. I made these decisions because I believe them to be best for us, for the world, and potentially, for everyone below you and I. You can tell Jun whatever you want to, if it's really not going to matter what I tell him. If he is willing to hear me out, send him in, if not, he can march right on out the front door. If Ika does ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING to screw us, I will apprehend him personally. That even means by the proxy of his organization. Are we crystal clear?"

View user profile

on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:34 am

Fullbringer
Fullbringer
"I do not expect you to read every report. Even from officers. I cannot notify you of everything...both on my own and certainly not all the time. At least keep Dre in mind on your next encounter with Ika and do some digging to see if anyone else besides me and Jun have had contact with him. What you said is starting to contradict itself slightly. You're always gonna be under intense scrutiny, not just from the world, but your subordinates as well. You're not necessarily always walking on eggshells, but always keep that in mind. The availability of other options that should have been chosen according to others will lead to it. But it should be expected. You said "no one of major significance was to be harmed." That leaves a lot to interpretation and a lot of holes. You saw where my mind went to, you can bet that's where a lot of others will go to as well. All I can say is make damn sure you make that crystal clear and please avoid using those exact words or even implying those words. You may not have answered my question about why Ika needs to be there, but I feel like this meeting has gone off long enough for an impromptu one and we're both busy people...you can email me the reasoning for that later, though preferably before a meeting with the Captain Commander if all possible. If you'll excuse me unless there's something else? Also, please realize I mean no disrespect or insult or anything of the like...I am here to help you and give advise and even some possible repercussions of some decisions, good and bad."

Alex would look visibly more relaxed and even slightly relieved that those words did not mean what he, and likely others, thought they meant. If there wasn't anything else, he'd leave. If there was, he'd stay and listen. He just hoped that Maki's and Jun's meeting won't be as heated as he thinks it might be...

View user profile

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 am

8th Division
8th Division
"Bring the boy in. I feel it best to put him at rest as soon as possible. I'm not willing to simply let him storm off into the world wherever he wants simply because he doesn't agree with me. After all, if he became a threat of some sort, I'd have to track him down personally. Aside from that, you are dismissed, Alexander. Apologies for calling you into question at all, I simply do not appreciate being depreciated for something that I haven't done."

View user profile
#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum