Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Private] Kokoro meets the leader of the Kidou Corps

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Vizard
Vizard
The woman seemed a little bit excited that she had met Kokoro, but unfortunately, he himself couldn't find a way to care less about the interaction. He had a figure she'd rat on him to the Captain Commander inadvertently or otherwise, and he'd hear about it.. "Just.. Do me a favor and let's not mention to the Captain Commander me calling you stupid for not wearing a Haori, I forgot we've yet to completely absorb the Kidou Corps, thus we're not exactly equal in regards to favor and position as stupid a proposition that may seem." She seemed taken aback by his offer to pay, and only returned a simple nod as he turned towards the door. Whatever, he didn't have time for the semantics of this ordeal.

"I think when traditions are as rich as those within the Gotei Thirteen conforming where necessary should be a mark of honor, and it shouldn't be viewed as something wrong. The Gotei 13 isn't, and never has been about the betterment of the individual, but the world around us as a whole. I think any deviation from that is a dangerous slippery slope, and given the interactions of our more... Shall we say Self-Absorbed individualistic Captains, I've yet to be proven wrong in my general world view.." As she spoke of the teaching he waved her off, "I don't enjoy feeling indebted nonetheless, but I'm also going to do whatever I can to return some semblance of tradition to this place.. If that is not welcomed then.. I don't really know what I'll have to do in all honesty.."

Apps and Info:

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Princess
Princess

"We're not? I mean, you do have seniority, and you're an actual Captain so it would make sense that you're higher. I didn't really think about it, just assumed we were kind of equal." Kairi shrugged her shoulders as Kokoro would go on to explain his views, regarding tradition within the Gotei and in general, commenting on the supposed milk-drinkers, and waving her off about the debt due to his unenjoyment of being indebted. That was a feeling Kairi shared, but since Kokoro had the seniority she didn't want to push it too much more.

"I like traditions, to an extent," she began, lacing her fingers behind her head as she looked up while they walked, "...but I think they need to have room to change. Not be removed completely, per se, and definitely not cold turkey, but they should have room to grow and change. With time comes changes, and every generation is going to have their own ideals. I don't understand a Shinigami drinking tea with an Arrancar, for example, but a spirit who's a few decades younger than me might not see anything wrong with it. Hell, some of the milk-drinkers might even be older than me, I certainly don't know. All of that said, Nashi-Taichou, you have my support and access to the Kidou Corps if you need them with your hunting. Or myself, for that matter, as long as I'm not busy with other stuff."
technique log
N/A

View user profile

on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Vizard
Vizard
Kokoro at this point face-desked, hard, internally and externally. "Kairi.. you are ahead of the Captains, until you are fully integrated you report directly to the Captain Commander, I had forgotten that you'd yet to be fully integrated, and as such got on you as a Captain, not a Commander.. Which is a stupid piece of semantics horse-shit, but I'll digress." Kokoro shrugged his shoulders before proceeding as planned.

She talked about how she liked traditions to an extent, oh boy.. Here we go.. here it is.. she laced her fingers behind her head as they walked, and she began to uncoil at the tongue like a fool seeking repentance in a church full of papists.. As she spoke Kokoro did his best to listen without interjecting to refute her before she finished, taking mental note of various points.. "The problem with traditions being rewritten or outright over-written is it calls into question all else that a society or organization engages in, and the fact of the matter is that they don't all make sense, and nor do they have to.." He paused a moment before continuing, "The world does not make sense but our goal, our purpose is not to make sense of it, it's to protect it.. That's where it becomes an issue to me, you at that point think you are bigger than the traditions you are being asked to uphold.. In an organization, a group which has always existed as a collective, one altruistic unit, an ants-nest for justice and prosperity in the world regardless of the costs to the rest, you're allowing individualism to rear it's ugly head.. as for them not seeing a problem with it that's the problem, their ideals are not proper, they do not fit the mold of what the Gotei requires.. The traditions of the Gotei Thirteen are for the protection and furthered existence of all.. To deny that much is not only to refute tradition, but what is both natural and necessary..."

He paused a second before continuing, "I do appreciate your offer in regards to assistance, though I'll probably decline any usage of it here-after.."

Apps and Info:

on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Princess
Princess

It hadn't even occurred to Kairi that she could be a higher 'rank' than Kokoro, let alone any other Captain. She had always assumed they were on equal footing, as they all reported directly to the Captain Commander, but then again... the Kidou Corps did used to report directly to the Central 46, so it made sense that she now reported to the same person as the Gotei's Captains, without losing her status. Regardless, she smiled at Kokoro's digression of horse shit.

As Kokoro would go on to explain the traditions and how it was dangerous to change them, Kairi listened carefully. She took note of certain points he made, and was silent for a few seconds after he had finished talking, and had declined her offer of assistance. Now that he was for sure done, though, Kairi would rebute.

"We're individuals by our very nature. If we were meant to be a collective that only did one thing and did it the exact same way, we would all have the same powers and there wouldn't be any individuality; that very individuality is what drives us to better ourselves, to make us stronger, and to push the limits of what we know. I'm not saying, by any stretch, that traditions need to ever be outright over-written or replaced in the blink of an eye; the kind of changes that break tradition happen slowly over time." Kairi inhaled deeply, exhaling slowly as she glanced over to Kokoro, while they kept walking.

"No tradition lasts forever, Nashi-Taichou. They can last very, very long times, but everything changes... and at the same time, nothing does. The Gotei was founded on the ideaology of purifying souls and keeping the balance as close as we can; that's not a tradition. I sincerely doubt that will ever change, to any extent. We, as Shinigami, will always try to purify souls and keep the balance. The methods we go about doing that, though, are unique to everyone; some Shinigami lounge around and wait for their orders, while others go out into the Human World to search for Hollows. Both methods are equally effective in the long-term sense, but they are incredibly different." Kairi was speaking from the heart, which she hoped Kokoro would pick up on, as she continued. "Ultimately, I guess I'm trying to say that traditions exist for a reason, but they need to evolve. Everything changes with time, and if traditions are all we go by, we won't evolve along with everything else, which may not end so well for us."
technique log
N/A

View user profile

on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Vizard
Vizard
The woman tried to refute, and Kokoro made note of individual points that she had made in regards to the fact that they were all "individuals" and he smirked ever so slightly. As he she finished, he would pitch in, "Individualism is fine in the biological sense, in the sense of what is innate.. You can have a Zan better suited for something, you can have a genetic or spiritual pre-disposition to be better at Kidou than I am, and we will work in different ways to achieve the same ultimate purpose, I would not ever imply that variation is a bad thing to that extent.." He smirked, "But that's not what we're talking about, and you know it's not... The color of one's coat, and the way one wears it, the way one respects traditions.. The act itself is not the crime it's the thought that goes into it, it's the I before We mentality, it's the I before it, it's the idea that your thoughts and preferences are somehow more important than the established traditions of those that came before... It's this trait that plagued all the factions that have fallen before us throughout history.. We are no less susceptible..

The woman had exhaled before continuing as they continued walking, "No tradition lasts because people lose sight of them, traditions are important because they transmit shared values, stories and goals from one generation to the next. Traditions encourage groups of people to create and share a collective identity, which in turn serves to shape individual identities, individual identities that serve to further the collective..." He paused a moment before continuing, "You don't fix what's broken, and you don't replace it for a potential net loss, that's nonsensical, that's simpleton esque.. It's not the fear traditions that worries me, it's much more than that.. It's the idea that it projects, it's the symbolic I over We mentality.. Look at how it's shaping our Soul Society now, they're not content with just shafting tradition, they're projecting their own ideologies. Why? Because we've allowed them too much freedom to bend the rules of this establishment to their wills.."

Kokoro rolled his eyes, "You and me have very different definitions of the term, "Evolution.." In that Evolution is progression towards a beneficial ends. What you're referring to, is devolving because life is easier that way.. Well it won't be when people start turning up dead, because we decide we think our personal relationships are more important than our whole purpose for existing.." He cracked his neck.. Someone was going to turn up dead at this rate.. if things didn't change soon.. They passed Noziel Aran's house and a loud scream was heard..

(TO BE CONTINUED.. I'll tell you when, it'll be another thread..)

Apps and Info:

#16Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum