Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Please log in to post a topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 am

9th Division
9th Division
When there was news of a new captain joining the Gotei 13, Jun was among the first to line them up for an interview. The person in question had a similar upbringing actually to Jun himself, not to mention they were both quite skinny, at least from what Captain Shibutani had at seen of him. This was, of course, the new captain of the 2nd Squad, Captain Kaede, who was born to a rich family that had some dealings with the Shibutani family, but unlike his own, was not one of the four great houses. Still, he respected him all the same. After all, from what Shibutani had heard, their similarities were enough to have decent conversations about.

Like with every new captain, Jun had a welcoming gift. These ranged from elaborately designed fruit baskets to fine bottles of sake, all payed out of his own pocket, which were deeper than one might at first imagine considering his charity work. For Captain Kaede, Captain Shibutani had prepared for him a box of tea bags. It was a green tea blend made from herbs grown through various farms in the Soul Society and was incredibly difficult to find, but Jun found it regardless. He spared no expense, after all, to new captains and respected each of them, at least the best he could. Jun carried on his person three boxes. If Kaede used one tea bag a day, he had enough for a little over three years. Ephemeral to the life-time of a shinigami, of course, but still significant.

Balancing the boxes in one arm, Jun gave a controlled knock on the door of Captain Kaede's office. They had scheduled about a month in advance. It was actually quite short an amount of time, considering how long he had to wait for other captains. He knew that newer captains had a lot of paperwork and ceremony to deal with, the memory still fresh in his head though it had been nearly a century since Shibutani himself had become captain in the midst of the Fourth Great Ghost War.

View user profile

on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:09 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
Kaede was sitting at his desk, shuffling through the last bit of the paperwork that his Vice captain had filled out for him while waiting for his guest to show. It was an interview with Jun Shibutani, Captain of Squad 9 and head of the Gotei's newspaper. The black haired captain had expressed interest in interviewing, the young new captain of squad two about a month or so back, though was willing to wait for Kaede to catch up on the paperwork, meet and greets and such the like. From what little bit of information Kaede had managed to gather about his interviewer, Jun had came from a wealthy family, in fact it was one of the Four Great Houses of the Soul Society.

A few minutes before the time that they were supposed to meet there was a knock on the door to his office. Rising from his desk the Red-haired captain made his way over to the door, sliding it open to reveal Jun, a small stack of boxes balancing on one arm. Stepping out of the way of the elder captain, Kaede invited him in with a slight bow. "Welcome Captain Shibutani."

Walking back towards his desk Kaede pulled out the chair across from where he normally sat for the Jun to sit in, before returning to his own seat. Sitting up straight in his chair he folded his hands on the desk in front of him his startling red eyes locking onto Jun's bright brown ones, smiling slightly as he continued to speak. "So what is it you would like to know about me?"

View user profile

on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:20 am

9th Division
9th Division
It took a moment for Shibutani to respond, though after a brief second, he set the boxes down on Kade's desk. "Well, there are a hundred different questions I could ask. Had I not done this before, I wouldn't even know where to begin! Though I'm more experienced than that, and I do in fact know exactly where to begin. First off," he presented the boxes to the other captain, "these are for you. I wasn't sure whether or not you were a big tea drinker. I'm sure there are many captains who would much prefer coffee in the morning. I personally find it much more refreshing, and that leads us to our first question..."

Though it came off as if he were speaking at a thousand miles per hour, Captain Shibutani was actually very restrained in his speech, talking in a normal, natural rhythm, though one might possibly see his holding himself back, not wanting to overwhelm the interviewee. That is, if they had that degree of social intelligence.

"That question is: Coffee or tea? I tend to be more of a tea drinker, though some mornings I prefer coffee. What do you think? What is your favorite blend? In the box is green tea. It's a special blend made from camellia grown in special environments in the Soul Society. I had to buy this directly from the farmers and had I not been such a good runner, it could have taken me three weeks round trip. I don't mean to guilt you into liking it, but please do enjoy the gift. Don't feel as if I'm spoiling you though, I tend to give something nice to every new captain."

View user profile

on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
Kaede waited patiently as Jun went through his spiel that basically boiled down to 'I have enough experience to know how we are going to start this'. Though there was a pleasant surprise in all of that talk, the captain of squad 9 came bearing gifts, more specifically boxes of tea. While Kaede was a fan of trying various tea blends he was a bit taken a back by the gift itself, and was left a little speechless as the question came flying at him. Staring blankly for a few moments before blinking and shaking his head, "Sorry, wasn't expecting the gift. Thank you for that by the way. Also nice segway, I don't really have much of a preference for a morning beverage it tends to vary based on how I feel when I wake. Recently my preference has been a specific tea blend using herbs that help my mind focus and muscles relax a bit, it is based off of a blend I found in the world of the living called Refresh."

Moving the boxes off of the desk to one of his side tables Kaede turned back to the captain before him. "As for favorite blend, I can't say I really have one. There are so many decent blends out there, and there are plenty of flowers and herbs that taste delicious on their own. Such as Chamomile, or Peppermint. The former of which is actually quite relaxing and is wonderful when you have issues sleeping."

While not particularly knowledgeable in teas, he knew herbs, and spices, and some of there medicinal effects.

View user profile

on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Jun nodded, noting the brand he mentioned and attempted to come up with a list of possible companies who called their product that as well as companies that have used the ingredients which were specified. "Fair enough. It seems most of the captains favor using tea as a means of mellowing out as opposed to waking or often times sobering up. And believe me, many have had issues with their sobriety." he joked, knowing the drinking habits of a majority of the captains and even the change in behavior while drunk, Shibutani himself being quite capable of handling his liquor as well as not being a very heavy drinker. In fact, his family had not been very heavy drinkers.

"Onto the next question. As you may know, my family has been in the Soul Society since before the foundation of the Gotei 13. Pressure from among peers, family, traditional obligation had driven me and my siblings to becoming very powerful soul reapers. Among word around the Seireitei, my informants tell me that you're not from a shinigami family. So I ask. What made you want to become a Shinigami? I hear a lot of individuals, especially among the 4th Squad telling me that it's because they want to help people. Which is a simple answer, though under pressure what more could you offer?"

View user profile

on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:17 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
Kaede laughed at Jun's jab at the some of the other captain's sobriety, while the young captain had not experienced any of it first hand he had heard some of the stories while he was working his way of the ranks through any of the three squads he spent time in. And of course following the jab came the next question, and quite probably the one that Kaede himself would have started with, though for some it might have been too heavy of a question to start with. "Well I will openly admit to not having so noble of a reason. Mine was actually kind of selfish in comparison, While I was young I met a member of the Gotei 13 and thought he was really cool, and had a way about him that made me want to become just like him. And the rest was pretty much history,"

As Kaede answered he shifted his right hand to be palm up on his desk, above his palm a wire frame of a simple dagger, which filled out to be a simple dagger with a round pommel, leather wrapped hilt, brass cross guard and steel blade. Once finished the blade rested pommel on his palm perfectly balanced and not falling over. About halfway through his answer though Kaede shifted his hand catching the hilt and started twirling the blade around with one hand, all in all this was an idle distraction tactic, as well as a way to lead into what was probably one of the more interesting questions that might come up in this interview, that being quite simply 'What does your zanpakuto do?'.

View user profile

on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:22 pm

9th Division
9th Division
"Usually when someone joins the Gotei 13 from outside of the Seireitei, it's because they want a better life for themselves. Unfortunately, the greater portion of the Soul Society lives in poverty only mitigated in that many simply don't generate enough spiritual power to need to sustain themselves for very long." he started, seeming a little hostile at first. "No no," he smiled, "I feel that's as good a reason as any. Besides, you're a captain now. It means you at least have some kind of talent." His voice became quite reassuring at that moment.

"I'd suggest, however, that you put your zanpakuto away. It's not a toy, after all. Though while we're at it, let's talk about zanpakuto." Shibutani stood up and took his own zanpakuto out of the sash he held it on. Slowly, he unsheathed the blade and presented it to his fellow captain. The look of the blade as it was appeared fairly unremarkable. "Not too exciting right?" he asked rhetorically, putting the blade back into the sheathe, then laughed.

"Its power is a bit difficult to explain, though I feel that other zanpakuto, especially those of captains nowadays tend to be much more straightforward."

View user profile

on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:55 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
Kaede smiled, he knew that a lot of people in the Gotei 13 joined up either because scarcity of food, or just wanting to be better than those they grew up with, and of course he knew that he had to have some kind of talent to be able to get to where he was, though having a more experienced captain confirm that does feel good, and of course Jun's comment about his Zanpakuto was not a toy made the red-haired captain chuckle slightly, If only he knew, eh there Arturia, with a flick of his wrist the dagger he had been playing with went tumbling through the air, with a slight effort of will Kaede made the dagger break down, and vanish as it reached the apex of the toss. Apparently his hint at a segway had worked as Jun pulled out his Zanpakuto showing it to Kaede, it was a rather unimpressive thing to look at for sure but that was only the sealed form, there was plenty of Zanpakuto in the gotei that were like that when sealed, and when they were finally released that is when they became something special.

"I am guessing you would like me to talk about mine then, well it is kind of complicated, you see When I first released it, its physical form shattered, though rather than it being gone for good it merged with me, becoming a physical part of my being in the process. An easy way to sum up the powers would be that I can create any weapon I desire, though there are some restrictions on that such as if the weapon relies on chemical reactions to work it will be non-functional. Also massively large weapons like Siege types are too large for me to create. I also have the ability to copy another's weapons and the powers that come with it, for example" Kaede started, Holding one hand off to one side he exhaled slightly picturing in his mind the very Shikai that he copied from the most powerful person in the entire Soul Society, well next to the soul king that is. Once the image solidified in his mind he made it reality causing what appeared to be a Katana made out of ice to appear in his hand. Though so he could exercise the next point he had intentionally made it more fragile than normal. "However this power comes with a rather huge draw back, The weapons made are not as durable as your average zanpakuto, which can cause some problems in combat, Though it is safe to say I will never truly be disarmed."

As he finished that comment he grabbed the blade in one hand, while the other held the hilt and with little visible effort he snapped the blade, causing it to vanish almost instantly.

View user profile

on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:16 am

9th Division
9th Division
"And your bankai?" Captain Shibutani inquired, noting the different qualities of the other captain's Shikai. He tended to leave information about the captains' zanpakuto out of the interview, mostly talking about how their captain came about them in the academy. This was, after all, sensitive information that could be very useful for an enemy if they found it, especially from such an accessible source such as a newspaper- one that was printed for all Shinigami even- an infiltrator could easily discover a shinigami's secrets.

"At the academy, it was actually a little embarrassing using my shikai for the first time. I'm sorry to disappoint, but my shikai isn't quite as impressive as yours. Mine's was first classified as a weapon-type zanpakuto, but the lines blurred as I uncovered more of its abilities. As for my bankai... Well... I don't have one. But that's a different story." He explained.

"Who you copied, I want to say, was the Captain Commander? I've only seen her zanpakuto one or two times before it broke. And only then did I have a chance to find myself on the other end of it during the test she likes to run herself."

View user profile

on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
"My Bankai is pretty much the same as my Shikai, the weapons are sturdier, and that is pretty much it." Kaede answered, he wasn't lying well not technically just with holding two bits of information. First he had an ability that allowed him to rapidly create unstable weapons and fire them causing them to explode, he also had an ability that created an arena of weapons that he could use as he saw fit, and pretty much close off outside interference. But just in case the entirety of this interview got published Kaede wanted to keep some things out of circulation.

As Jun revealed a bit about his own zanpakuto Kaede couldn't help but feel a bit bad for him, though if he had access to his Shikai while in the academy he shouldn't have been embarrassed by that at all even if his sword turned into a giant feather duster seeing as most don't uncover their zanpakuto's name until they are in the field, or atleast had been for a while. Though it was wierd that Jun had been promoted to the rank of captain without having his Bankai, while it wasn't officially required for the promotion it was common place for captains to have it. "Wow that is special, making it to where you are without attaining Bankai. And yes it is our captain commander's old Shikai, I copied it when she was testing me. Unfortunately, while the initial action caught her off guard it wasn't enough to land more than a single blow on her."

View user profile
#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum