Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Please log in to post a topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 pm

9th Division
9th Division
The soul reaper looked at the line and thought that perhaps such a place wasn't good that night. "You know what? Let's get some pho. That place is a little closer to the bay, which is where I wanted to go to begin with. It's a few minutes' walk, but it won't be too bad and we're both a bit early anyways. Let's go." Jun suggested, before walking away. The city wasn't as dense where they were, but it was still a very urban area. Through all the smog, it was difficult to tell that there was a river just a couple of miles away and an ocean just beyond that.

The sky was dyed a deep green color from the air pollution, no stars visible due to the light pollution of the city; the cityscape alive with the bustling sound of various motor vehicles, people walking about, commuting from place to place, street performers just barely audible due to the noise pollution. After a few minutes, they had gotten to the restaurant, which, that night, was just a bit less crowded. Jun's language-shifting device flickered. "Table for two" he said to a waitress, a short, skinny, young-ish Asian woman. The language he spoke, if one could tell, was Vietnamese; though Jun held up two fingers, even if one couldn't tell. The woman nodded, responded to him, then led him to an empty table, giving both Jun and Dre each a menu.

View user profile

on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Espada
Espada
Dre shrugged his shoulders as he went on to reply by saying, "sure. I wouldn't want to wait in that line myself." He said laughing. He was already feeling the need of wanting to get some food, and in no way he had the intention of waiting in the line for god knows how many hours. Gesturing his hand forward, he made a motion to the soul reaper to take the lead. As Joji began to walk, Dre would follow him closely to wherever place this restaurant was.

Entering the restaurant Dre would look around. Unlike most, especially the last restaurant, this place was way less crowded. Which was a good thing for him due to Dre disliking places that were heavily crowded. It made Dre uneasy. Joji would then go on to speak to the waitress in a foreign language that Dre really couldn't place his finger on. It sounded very familiar, but he wasn't able to recognize what language it was. But by the sounds of it, he knew it was some sort of language that was used in Asian countries.

Sitting on the chair leaning towards the front, he would place both of his forearms on the table as he proceeded to go through the menu. Dre had no idea what any of these dishes were. This was actually his first visit to an Asian restaurant, so it was natural for him to react the way he was reacting. Directing his eyes towards the soul reaper, who was in front of him, he would go on to speak, "well, I have no idea what any of these are so, I would be grateful if you could get me what you're also getting. Since it seems like you often frequent restaurants such like this."

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Shibutani nodded, fair enough, as he himself scanned the menu. "Do you prefer rice or noodles? I don't get much an opportunity to go to Vietnam. Unfortunately, that's out of my jurisdiction. I feel their food it underappreciated, however. You see, their philosophy when it comes to making food is to balance out flavors and their food has a very balanced, fresh taste to it. It's an interesting take on food that you don't really see anywhere else and I'd like to try it from where it originated. Their coffee, however, doesn't abide by this same philosophy. If you're not a coffee drinker or don't like sweet things, I'd recommend against Vietnamese coffee. I've also never been to this restaurant before so whether it's good or not, I don't know." he joked.

Before long, the waitress returned to them. In a thick, Vietnamese accent and a light, high-pitched, feminine voice, she spoke. "Are you ready to order?" she asked.

"Two orders of nouc rau ma." he answered. "As for entrees, the two of us are still deciding." The waitress took the order, nodded, then headed into the kitchen.

"Pennywort. It has a good deal of health benefits that I can't name at the time being. Though I recall a Sri Lankan story of a king who had attributed pennywort his stamina to please fifty women."

View user profile

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Espada
Espada
"Well, I prefer to eat noodles, to be honest. I tend not to eat rice at this time of day. Just not my thing. So yeah." He responded in a low tone as he continued to listen to the man talk about Vietnamese food. While it was an interesting an all, Dre personally preferred to consume Chinese food. He just liked it more than other types of food. However, that did not mean that he wasn't going to give other varieties of food a chance. He was always open minded when it came towards food and drinks.

Jojo requested two nauc rai ma's after the waitress came and asked him what his order was. Dre pondered what it meant but decided to refrain from asking the meaning since it was not relevant. The only thing that was relevant at this instance was eating something... As the man went on to talk about Pennywort and the story of how a Sri Lankan king drinked it and used it potency to bang fifty women, Dre would laugh out Ioud. "Most Sri Lankan kings had hundreds of wife's. It was the norm back in the day when it came towards royalty." As a history enthusiast, he knew his fair share of history of the world.

A few minutes went by as the waitress returned with their food, only to spread it out the table. "Ah, thank you." Dre said looking at her and smiling as he turned his head towards the soul reaper, "well, let's get to it. We got a spare ahead of us." With that he would begin to eat.

on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:29 am

9th Division
9th Division
Though he didn't say it, Jun made a gesture with his hand suggesting, Yeah, I know. He was normally a quick eater, able to finish a bowl of such a size in less than ten minutes. Though, courteous, he paced himself around Dre. He used the soup spoon to take a small, quiet sip of the soup before stirring it around. From a dish of garnishes in front of them; there were two, provided by the waitress, one for each of them; Jun took a leave of culantro, splitting it in half before putting it into the soup and mixing. He repeated the process, adding in lemon juice, bean sprouts, leaves of basil, and jalapenos from the dish before him, mixing the soup, the noodles, the ingredients, and the garnishes. He wasn't one hundred percent certain it was how to eat it, though it made enough sense for him.

"Pho is fairly popular nowadays. I don't know if noodle soup is a big thing in western dining. When I eat at a Western restaurant, the soup is usually a separate thing whereas it is often an entree in Eastern restaurants; from Chinese dumpling restaurants, to Japanese ramen restaurants. Koreans apparently don't put noodles in their soup, or at least not as much as the other Asian countries do. I think it's their proximity to Russia, or their more northern climate which makes grains a little more difficult to grow."

View user profile

on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Espada
Espada
"Ah, I see." Dre said while eating the contents of his dish. If he was honest to himself, he really had no idea what the man was talking about. As in the way in how the process worked and so forth. While it was interesting to hear what he was saying, Dre would remain silent as he would nod his head at random times to show he agreed with Joji. Food has always been a big part of his life, but only when it came towards eating it. He didn't care much about the process and how different cultures prepared it. As long as the food was good and had different varieties of textures, he was good. Because that was all what he cared about.

"I'm done." Dre said pushing the dish forwards as he used the napkin to wipe his mouth. Raising the glass towards his mouth, he would begin to drink some water, only to put it down. Looking at the man, he would speak, "well, I got to be honest with you man..." He paused, "that was some really good food. Thanks for introducing me into something new. I appreciate it. I think I'll return to this place soon again." A smile would find itself on his face as he leaned back on the chair.

on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:31 pm

9th Division
9th Division
The shinigami, who didn't have cash on him, payed with a card afforded to him by the Gotei 13. The woman returned, Jun put his card back into his wallet which was slipped into his coat. Smiling, he left through the door and guided Dre over to the pier which the Statue of Liberty overlooked. At the pier, he sat down on a bench and laid down before popping a pill. His gigai grew limp as his physical body materialized, spiritual energy suddenly spiking.

To cause as little damage as possible, he walked upward over the Hudson River and gestured for Dre to follow, if he could. Suddenly, another surge of spiritual energy. With no Central 46, Captain Shibutani didn't need to go through anybody to unleash his full power when necessary while in the human world. Luckily for them, it was later in the evening and very few boats passed by. Jun released his power again, revealing that he was indeed at least as powerful as a captain, suggesting to his partner that he should do the same.

View user profile

on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Espada
Espada
Raising his hand Dre looked at his watch, it was coming close to midnight. Putting his hand down to side of his body, he looked at the soul reaper. "Sorry mate, but, I got to leave. I know that this may take you back but, yeah. There is something much more important that needs my attention. Maybe we'll be able to do this again someday, if we meet again that is." Dre said in low tone as he gave the man a quick nod and faded away from his sight.

--THREAD END--

#49Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum