Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Please log in to post a topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:42 am

9th Division
9th Division
"I'm beginning to suspect he isn't even here anymore. If he has, he must have started changing his mind about everybody. There are, however, a good deal of spiritually powerful people in this city. Granted, any city with a large enough population has its share of talented people. That's just probability. Here? It's like it's a gathering place. New York is pretty multicultural, even if nobody talks to each other. The most I've seen was a boy playing piano on the subway when I was down there, different people crowding around him and throwing money. Even in the subway, where everyone's packed tightly together, they don't speak. Every was too preoccupied with their headphones on, or with their phones, or their newspapers to really notice one another. But that's enough criticism of your kind. Besides, we do it too." he mused as Dre was performing his sets.

Shibutani rolled his shoulders forward before kicking his leg backwards, grabbing his foot, stretching out his quads. Then, after just a short break after Dre was finished, Jun hopped on. He didn't need a bench. His intention was to squat as low as possible. Jun moved the bar away from the rack, then did a squat, slowly bringing himself down before shooting back up. He repeated the process seven times for a total of eight squats. Looking at his face, it was clear that Jun was breaking a sweat. He stepped off.

"You're up" he pointed.

View user profile

on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Espada
Espada
Dre shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know man... There is a lot of weird shit going on here that would make you wonder how fucked the human race actually is. I mean, it's true about the things you say that you've experienced. Oh, and since you said that you're intending to stay here for a few more days or so, I'll guarantee you that you'll be able to see much more flabbergasting  situations first hand." Dre said in nonchalant tone. Sighing softy, he would speak again, "you can criticize my kind all you want, fella. I really don't give a damn because everyone criticism has some truth to it. The human race itself is a lost cause. We have reached the pinnacle of decadence. And like Rome, we will fall -- and we will fall hard. The western civilization will be the one to fall first. Assuming if it hasn't already started to fall..." There was disappointment in the tone of his voice. Dre wasn't a fan of what the world was turning into. But what could one mad do? What could he do with such reckless degenerates?

Standing up from the bench, he would walk again towards the squat rack only to fill the bar up with weight plates until it reached the total weight of five hundred pounds. Getting under the bar, he would grab the bar with a medium grip only to take a deep breath as he looked forward and yelled, "NO PAIN. NO GAIN." With that he squatted down only to come back up. He would repeat this motion for a total of six repetitions. After everything was all said and done, Dre would direct his eyes towards Joji and sneer, "think you can keep up, buddy boyo?"

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:59 am

9th Division
9th Division
Captain Shibutani wondered. He had heard similar words before to those spoken by Dre, but couldn't quite think of who said them off the top of his head. Taking a moment to think, he remembered that the 12th Division Captain actually shared similar opinions on Western Civilization as this Dre individual, and for a moment wondered who could be spreading such ideas, especially between worlds in such a way. Though he ran the editorial at the Gotei 13, Jun did not particularly require total market saturation, indeed allowing smaller newspapers to exist throughout the Soul Society, which actually made his own business easier to run, not to mention he could cite their newspaper as sources. Though this similarity in opinion between worlds and between two people whom as far as Jun Shibutani could tell had never come in direct contact with one another gave him the impression that perhaps there was another news source that was shaping opinions in such a way? Or perhaps there was more human world media getting to the Seireitei directly than first thought? Jun put the thought off to the side of his head as he watched Dre lift his weights.

Walking up at the start of his turn, Jun only nodded before dropping under the bar and picking it back up. His motions were not unlike Dre's, though he was a bit more balanced and the weight looked far less natural on his body simply due to how much skinnier Jun was compared to Dre. Finished with his reps, Jun put the weight back on the rack and stepped off, gesturing to Dre that it was his turn.

"A few more sets, then I'm going to do calf raises."

View user profile

on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:10 am

Espada
Espada
"Ah, calf raises. Good choice." Bringing his right hand up towards his chin, he would begin rubbing it. "You know, calf raises are a really good exercise to improve muscular strength. Since our calf muscles are made of gastrocnemius and soleus muscles the calf raises will strengthen the two muscles I mentioned. Also considering the fact that they will also give definition towards the lower leg to improve it's appearance tremendously." Dre said quite intrigued at the fact of training calves. Not only he hasn't trained calves for a long period of time, calves were his weakest body part. So training them was one of the things he really wanted to do.

Stepping under the bar, and putting his hands around it. Dre would take the bar off the rack. Stepping backwards he would begin to squat. He would do a total eight repetitions in solid form. Re-racking the weights, he felt good about himself. His strength had improved drastically and he knew that there was more room for improvement. Moving out of the way again Dre considered that the next set would be his last before he started doing calf raises. So, hopefully he could pull off a powerful last set next.

on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 am

9th Division
9th Division
Jun Shibutani was not exactly built for strength. He was the weakest in his family, which had been known for producing strong, thickset men. His older brother, his older half-brother, and his still young father especially were prime representatives of what Shibutani men looked like. Jun, however, did not look like the usual Shibutani man. He was scrawny comparatively. Still, he got under the bar, put down and put up by someone who looked twice his size and was more or less able to keep up, each squat counting. He could feel the muscles of his gigai giving away, his spirit supporting more and more weight. Then, after completing another eight successful reps, Jun put the weight back on the rack.

"I'm not a physical therapist. Anatomy is too difficult for someone the likes of myself to grasp fully and completely memorize. Someone else would be a better conversationalist on the topic than I. I just know that when it burns, it's good. The muscles are going to rebuild and when they do, they'll end up stronger." Shibutani smirked as he flexed his back through his shirt, tensing almost as much as when he was doing his dead lifts.

"To be perfectly honest, I'm more of a long distance runner. I guess though, you can tell by my body type."

View user profile

on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Espada
Espada
"Well, nothing bad in knowing how the human body works." Dre said referring to the statement that the man made about him not knowing much about human anatomy and him not being a suitable person for having a discussion about it. Which honestly were all fair points but, Dre didn't actually talk about it because he wanted have a discussion about the subject. He just thought it would be informative towards the man to know about the process of how things work since it was going to be relevant to what they were going to do in a few minutes time.

"Yeah, I can see that. But what's exactly stopping you from wanting to pack some muscle in? Don't tell me you're afraid of losing flexibility and stuff. You can still have muscle and be flexible. You just need to have a good knowledge in how to balance all of it and do what is necessary." Dre said in a calm tone, looking at the man with a pensive look on his face. Nonetheless, after the man had given his answer Dre would once again walk towards the squat rack and fill the bar with more weights until he reached a desired weight of six hundred and thirty pounds. Getting under the bar, tightly holding it, stepping backwards, he would begin squatting. Dre would do a total of six repetitions in a row without any kind of pause in the middle. A few grunts could be heard from him while doing the last three repetitions. But all in all he was able to pull through it.

"Well, that was my last set. I assume this is going to be your last set as well, know? If so, let's go hit some calfs." Dre said enthusiastically as he lifted his shorts a few inches only to flex his quads. Seeing how juicy and his legs looked after a good pump, he would shout-out loud, "FUUUAAARRRKKK!!!!!!"

on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:39 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Jun shrugged. "Diet. Genetics. I do a lot of strength training too, if you couldn't tell by my form. My brothers all look pretty jacked actually. I was always the scrawny one. When I was a little kid, everyone thought my little sister was gonna grow up to be taller than I was, but it turned out I was just a late bloomer. I'm still not too tall compared to a lot of people, though I guess your experience is that you've been the tallest amongst your group. At the very least, you're the tallest person I've seen in this establishment." he commented just briefly before taking the bar.

"Fuck yeah." he replied. It was going to be his last set. The man squatted down, using as best form as he could, resisting the weight, slowly taking it down before quickly raising himself with the weight but not hopping up. He continued this, and when he got to eight reps, he slowed down briefly as if he were about to stop, but continued regardless for another four. With twelve reps down, he looked like he didn't have anything left. Struggling, he completed a fourteenth repetition, racking the weight and panting.

He gave a thumbs up, getting off the weight before taking the weights off the bar.

"You do much cardio?"

View user profile

on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Espada
Espada
Dre observed the man doing fourteen repetitions for the same weight he did. Narrowing his eyes he looked at Joji wondering where this sudden urge of strength come to him. Maybe, just maybe, it was just Dre taking this whole competition too easily. He had a tendency of underestimating his opponent. Even though in this situation the man was far from his opponent. Whatever the case, he knew that he had to up his game instead of downplaying his ability to lift. It was embarrassing situation to lose to a soul reaper even though it was nothing but a friendly competition.

As the man asked him if he does cardio, Dre responded by saying, "no, to be honest. I prefer using the Ketogenic diet to get shredded and lean. Though sometimes I may get on the Atkins diet as well. It depends on what I'm aiming for. Since when it comes to Atkins it's higher fats, while keto you go to stick with the healtyhy fat." Tilting his head towards the right, he spoke again, "by the looks of it, you seem to stick to doing cardio instead of diet and such when it comes to getting ripped after bulking? Correct me if I'm wrong. he asked Joji waiting for an answer.

on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:40 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Jun shook his head. "I know of a few people who have done keto diets and I even tried it out for a couple of years. By the end of that, I was at around a hundred and fifty pounds, so ten pounds lighter than I am now. I don't do cardio because I don't want to diet. I do cardio so as to build my own muscular endurance. I was never particularly powerful but I can compensate through training strength, though my real advantage comes from my ability to out last others. Shinigami tend to be fighters, though the Ninth Division likes to teach its members discipline, and that means we don't start fights over petty things." he smirked, revealing the exact squad he was from. Jun shrugged, not as a gesture but more to stretch out before making his way to the calf-raise machine.

As a warm-up, there was no weight on the machine. Shibutani set the machine to his height before getting on it, the pads on his shoulders. His first eight reps were done with his feet parallel to one another. He slowly raised himself upward and down under the step of the machine. Then, he performed eight reps with his toes pointed in and eight with his toes pointed out. He wasn't sure if the human was quite fond of using machines, as many body-building purists did not. Still, the machine was open for Dre, if he did want to use it- and the machine could even be set to his height.

View user profile

on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Espada
Espada
Dre observed the man doing standing calf raises which honestly he did not prefer to do. He liked to stick with doing seated calf raises. Most people would go on to say that there wasn't much difference of a between the two, but actually there was a difference between them. Not to a huge extent, of course. But a difference that mattered and could impact with the development of your calves. Looking at the man, Dre would speak, "thanks, but I prefer doing seated calf raises. It's because when it comes towards standing calf raises loading too much weight and half squatting up using the knees in hopes of overloading the calves with massive amounts of weight really does not help towards the development of the muscle. It only just gets you nowhere fast. Also, considering that the straight leg version actually does very little for the important soleus muscle; all in all it's just a waste of time, in my opinion."

It did not take long for Dre to find a seated calf raising machine since one was just placed in-front of the standing calf raising machine. Sitting down on the machine, he placed his toes on the lower portion of the platform. Placing his thighs under the lever pad, which he would adjust according to the height of his lower thigh. Then he would go on to place his hands on top of the lever pad in order to prevent it from slipping forward. Lifting the lever slightly by pushing the heels up, Dre would release the safety bar. Then he would slowly lower his heels by bending them at the ankles until the calves were fully stretched. He would then raise his heels by extending his ankles as high as possible to contract the calves. By doing so, Dre would hold the top contraction for a second or so. He would do a total of twenty repetitions since not only this was a warm up set, he preferred doing more repetitions when it came to training calves.

Standing up he felt the burn in his calves, which felt amazing. He knew that the next set would be done by adding some weight onto the machine since none were added on the warm up set. Glancing at the direction of the man, Dre gave him a quick nod as he looked at what he was doing.

#31Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum