Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#11 Re: [Private] Book of the Dead (Seralin) on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 am

0343#words
0000#blood

#tier0-2

©2013 caliburn

Graven nodded with a weary smile as he stood up and placed the book and translations in a satchel, slinging it over his shoulder as they left the coffee shop. Nodding to her request for the sunstone, he paused a moment at her question. Who had she been married to? Continuing to walk, he pondered the answer for a moment before speaking. "You married a young priest devoted to the old Divines. He was a childhood friend, from what I remember. I'd...I'd guess he's either in Soul Society, or has been reincarnated. If he's in Hueco Mundo...Well, I haven't seen any Atlantean Hollows. I'll keep an eye out, though, and send him your way if that's the case. It'd be best if you were the one to purify him."

Going comfortably silent once more, they were about a block away from the bar before Seralin asked him about her parents. He was pleasantly surprised, but it was definitely a far better reaction to the news than he could have hoped for. Thinking back to the Hathenways, he sighed as he tried to remember their faces before the images escaped to the back of his mind once more. "I can definitely confirm that they had their full-body tattoos long before they settled down and had you. In fact, your father's even reached across his forehead and up his jawline by the time I had met him in his late teens. He was a Duke, so he had quite a bit of pull in the Courts. Despite all that, he was always kind to others, and always made it a point to study. He made a lot of contributions to the Atlantean way of life, and in all honesty didn't really change over the years. It's rare that I can call a human a friend, but your father certainly was one, and it made me so happy when he met your mother. You remind me of her a lot, actually..."

Getting to the door of the bar, he opened it and waited for Seralin to pass through first before following, sitting down in front of the bartender and ordering a bottle of bourbon and two glasses. Money really wasn't an issue for him, and the two hundred dollar bottle was a fair size, so all was fair. Pouring one and passing it over to Seralin, he poured another for himself and lifted it halfway to his mouth before pausing. "To absent friends, and those long gone..."

Downing it, Graven sighed in relief at the burning sensation and flavor going down his throat. Maybe he'd acutally get drunk, this time around...
technique log

N/A

View user profile

#12 Re: [Private] Book of the Dead (Seralin) on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 am

She lifts up the glass he passed to her, and lifts it up as he makes his toast. "To absent friend, those long gone, and new friends out there yet to be made." She downs the strong alcoholic beverage like a champ, and places the glass down on the table. "Alright now..." She waves down the bartender. "Two red headed sluts!" The name always sounded rediculous to her, but she loved to take shots of that. It tasted like an alcoholic strawberry juice. "So what brought you into town, mister...? I don't think you've told me your name yet." The bartender gives them each a shot of the drink she requested before tending to other people. "Not that you it matters to me, if you'd rather not say. You seem like a nice enough guy."

It was quiet inside, and the lights were dim. The sunlight shining in through the tinted windows provided more light then the ceiling lamps this place had. There were only two others in the bar, and they were over at a table smoking and talking to themselves. "You know, I think I might remember a bit. My mind is still fuzzy about it, but I remember being in the Rukongai, before becoming a Shinigami. There was some man I was trying to reunite with... maybe I had found my husband? Is that possible?" She looks up at Graven. "Do you... think he could still be there? Back in the Soul Society?"

View user profile

#13 Re: [Private] Book of the Dead (Seralin) on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Graven took his shot and downed it in a second. The strawberry flavor was a bit sweet, nothing like the honey mead he missed so much. Grimacing and working his tongue, almost like a dog that had gotten mustard on it, he pondered his response for a moment before returning his expression to normal. "Gods, this stuff is weird...The name's Graven. Graven Fel...Nice enough is relative, honestly. I've done things to survive I'd rather not think about, but I've never enjoyed it."

The revelation that the Cero Espada was in fact the youngish man sitting there at the bar was an odd one, even in his mind, but he didn't care. He was used to it. Pouring himself another glass of bourbon to get the strawberry flavor out of his mouth, he drank it mouthful by mouthful, enjoying the flavor and the burn. He happened to have an incredible alcohol tolerance, likely due to his time in the World of the Living and his regeneration counteracting what COULD be seen as poison if one squinted, but he hated it occasionally. Getting drunk was hard, and sometimes it was the only way to wash out things you didn't want to see anymore. Then again, last time he'd successfully gotten himself smashed, he had ended up brooding with the full weight of his reiatsu being unrestrained. Needless to say, alcohol was a depressant, and NO ONE needed a depressed Arrancar with three times the reiatsu of the average Captain-Commander sulking in the corner. Shaking his head out of that thought process, he focused on what Seralin was asking. "It's definitely possible, but if you don't remember then it might be best to forget. After all, memories can be repressed for a reason. We Hollows know more about that than anyone."
technique log
N/A

View user profile

#14 Re: [Private] Book of the Dead (Seralin) on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:16 pm

"I see... you're probably right. It just bothers me that I can't remember..." She takes another shot of brandy herself, following up with a sigh. "Well, I do think we should focus on these books now." She slides over the one she brought. "It's not translated, but I'm sure you won't have any trouble with that. It is an exact replica. And this Atlantean book, I'm sure it could help with a project of mine." Now that she was thinking about it, this book might just be what she needed.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum