Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Open] The Heart

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 pm

9th Division
9th Division
"It wasn't that long ago." Captain Shibutani remarked. "It feels as if every year after getting out of the academy just zipped by. My memory is hazy, but when those two bombs were dropped, nothing much else happened. I distinctly remember, in fact, not long before, another city had been attacked which the humans refer to as "Tokyo". At the time, these "atomic weapons" were still in development. Still, the death tolls at the time they happened were at the very least comparable. I personally had to work three times as hard and still I think a lot of hollow slipped through. The long term effects, due to "nuclear fallout" were much more drastic than the fire bombings in Tokyo, though the human cost was the same and indeed, I believed the dropping of the bomb was irrelevant in the general outcome of the war."

The Captain of the 9th division seemed to be amused by the other Captain's reactions, though not being as intelligent, could only attempt to absorb what he was saying. Most of the time, he nodded, blanking out at some points. He appeared like a dog watching television; aware that something was going on, but not generally knowing exactly what it was or comprehending it.

When the other Captain stopped, Captain Shibutani put his own words in. "I was in the Human World the other week in fact. I remember seeing words carved into a wall at what looked to be a human memorial. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." the carving said. I think more is solved when others have a firm discussion on it. When they work out compromises. But I've digressed."

"The Black Plague... I've heard of it. I recall reading books about it as a child. It's a shame then, having died in what most would consider their prime. I haven't seen what happened there first hand, though. It would be difficult for me to weigh in on it."

"The musical taste around the Seireitei appears very diverse and indeed the effects of music on us, as it has on the humans, seems similar but also quite different not just within groups but within individuals. Though. I don't know I've seen a person listen to a song and end up worse for it. Even in soulful blues pieces, the music of Russian composers fleeing Soviet rule, pieces scrawled upon tough napkins in concentration camps which modern historians and musicians are only now attempting to piece together... And these composers come here. It's just as bad out here," Shibutani looked around at the slums of the Seireitei, "as it was down there. Maybe even worse."

The two had finally reached their destination at the cafe. It was a small, hole-in-the-wall place constructed of bamboo wood. Captain Shibutani lifted the blue cloth over the entrance, gesturing his fellow captain to walk in first, where he would be greeted by a myriad of different scents. The shop itself was sparse, only a few people inside trying to enjoy themselves, including the owner, leaned over the counter.

View user profile

on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Vizard
Vizard
As the man spoke in a seemingly introspective tone, almost as though the memories were his only reprieve and reward for the conversation, Kokoro took the hint and simply nodded his agreement out of social compliance. "Humanity has no capability to understand the spiritual world because their minds are bent on what their world is like in the here and now, as opposed to long-term projection.. They care more about the short-term pleasures of the world, or the potential for joy and the things that measure it such as money, over their own long-term survival and unity as a species.. War is an economic enterprise not only here, but there.. But they are the ones that will suffer for it long term, where as we do in the short-term.. It's an insufferable cycle, but one we're forced to deal with.. Sad as that may be.."

The man appeared to be attempting to comprehend what Kokoro was saying, but also appeared to be failing about as miserably as one ever could. Just smiling and nodding like a dog watching the television.. It was amusing to say the least, but not exactly something worthy of note past the simple fact that the man was clearly not quite in Kokoro's intellectual range..

The Captain spoke once more, talking about his visit to the Human World and he spoke of some sorry excuse for poetry.. "Talk is cheap, few act out their words and it is ultimately to their detriment.. They say that but little do they know they are the light and the dark, the good and the bad.. They're to set in their tribal ways to work as one.. I agree that it is best to negotiate in most cases, the casualties of war are often not worth the rewards one receive FROM war.. but Humans don't have to think of it this way.. Not anymore anyway.. Regardless, you seem to have a high sense of adulation for them so I'll digress as you have.. my pessimism and cynicism know no bounds after all.."

As the man spoke of the Black Plague and acknowledged his ignorance on the matter Kokoro nodded and replied shortly given that was all the topic really warranted. "It was bitter-sweet, I never knew much of life given I was constantly quarantined.. and my actions in that world were questionable.. In all honesty I am unsure as to how I ended up what I am but.. I suppose that question is for a higher power than I can aspire to..."

As the man made his observations on music within the Soul Society and noted the slums of the Rukongai, Kokoro simply nodded his agreement. This casual conversation thing was certainly not his deal, and he felt rather uncomfortable with engaging in at all.. "Music's power relies on the listeners interpretation, diversity in a society consisting of hundreds of diverse peoples is quite obviously going to observe some differences here and there.." He smirked looking around at the slums.. "Yeah, as poor as they are they're thankful.. Kind of funny isn't it? It's almost like we play the role Religion does in the Human World.. Least their safe, God will protect them from the evil demons right?.. Who know's, maybe we're the demons, and we're all just too simple to know it." Probably not the best dinner conversation, but Kokoro's subject dialogue was pretty limited in general.. And this wasn't any day.

As the two reached the cafe, Kokoro took note of it and looked around in order to observe the contents of the cafe itself and the area.. It was a small hole in the wall cafe consisting of bamboo wood for whatever ungodly reason.. He might have to come back and steal that at some point actually..  The Captain lifted the blue cloth over the entrance and gestured for Kokoro to enter, he stood for a moment before taking the hint and entering, Kokoro thought to thank him but he figured that would be an awkward fit for the situation, then opted against it.. The owner was leaned over the counter, and a large array of scents entered Kokoro's nostrils all at once. "Well this is rather interesting.."

Apps and Info:

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 am

9th Division
9th Division
The captain nodded. "Sure. Of course" he replied tersely, not entirely sure how to respond. He certainly did not agree with what the other Captain was saying, nor was he really certain how he could form such opinions. They were, of course, still important to take note of. It was all part of the plan for the day, after all.

It had already been half an hour and would take another half hour to walk back to the barracks. They were lucky, however, that the cafe was on their side of the Seireitei, otherwise they'd have had to travel for five days or so to return. Still, the time they had to talk was limited.

Captain Shibutani walked up to the counter and produced out of his overcoat a leather wallet. A menu was written in black ink on a wooden back-board above a customer's only door which one could only assume led to the kitchen. Jun Shibutani was quick with his order, handing the shop keeper a bit of money, before putting away his wallet. There were several seats open, though the Captain remained standing.

"Go ahead", he gestured his fellow captain toward the shop owner, who smiled, obviously welcoming the business. He expected the Captain of the 12th Division to make his own choice as to what he ordered. Shibutani, of course, ordered for himself a milk-based taro-flavored drink with egg pudding as a topping, cold as he preferred it.

View user profile

on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:46 am

Vizard
Vizard
The Captain responded but seemed to be attempting to quash the topic entirely, and Kokoro simply went on about his business, and decided to ignore the topic entirely, and as they continued to walk towards the cafe it had dawned on Kokoro that half an hour had passed already. "Well I wasn't quite aware that this much time had elapsed.. nonetheless I have little to do today so let's continue.."

There were several seats open, though the Captain remained standing. The man walked up to the counter and reached into his overcoat to produce a leather wallet, and it was at this point that Kokoro noticed that the menu was inscribed with blank ink on a wooden back-board above a customers only door which Kokoro assumed, led to a kitchen.. As the Captain seemed to order with relative quickness Kokoro raised an eyebrow slightly as he handed him money from the wallet, and he immediately looked for a place he could be seated to properly analyze the menu.. Looking around Kokoro was thankful to note that there weren't that many people present, and thus his social interactions wouldn't be making the rounds as they might if there were more people to corroborate the story..

Kokoro was gestured towards the shop owner, and Kokoro raised an eyebrow before approaching him. "Yes I'll uh.. take a hot green tea with rose petals steeped with burnt rice.." Though Kokoro appreciated to some degree being left to make his own decisions, it had made him painfully aware that he himself was not as used to these places as he had thought he was.. Perhaps he would need to practice this a little more often..

Apps and Info:

on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:31 pm

9th Division
9th Division
"Mr. Shopkeeper," Shibutani interrupted before the owner left into the kitchen, "could you also add an order of red bean buns?" The captain took out his wallet again, handing the shopkeeper some money. Then, when he was certain that his compatriot was done with his order, he pulled two chairs. One for himself and one for the 12th squad captain, not taking a seat until he did.

"It's a nice snack that goes with the tea. I think you'll like it..." he said, sitting down.

"So. Where were we in our last conversation? Humanity? I'm no philosopher and unfortunately, enough of my time is occupied with social work, busy work, and training that I don't get much time to breath and meditate on things. My next free day isn't for another few weeks, which might be preoccupied talking to the captain of the 4th squad... Though. A week is nothing to us Shinigami. You yourself have lived for a thousand years." he smiled.

"There's a saying. "Don't grow old before you grow wise." I think it's the ephemeral nature of humans that lend to their general mindset. Indeed, it is the ephemerality of their existence which is both disappointing and inspiring, and indeed, they are much more forward thinking than you would... think." Captain Shibutani took a minute to take a breath. "I've never been a human so it's difficult to say for certain... but if you can take a look through a human's perspective, life... doesn't seem to have a meaning. Everything is fading and there doesn't seem to be a point to anything. There are humans with statues erected in their likeness and buildings constructed in their name; many publishers and philosophers whose names have been immortalized in print. Indeed, the memory of a person can keep a man alive, at least until the death of their family and friends... But everything a human does has an expiration. People die, buildings crumbles, and mold overtakes human writing as stationary returns to the earth..."

"Of course, afterwards they come here. But they don't know that, and very little which they have created in their lifetime is passed over here. But us? It's easy for us to invent something with a thousand years in mind because in a thousand years, chances are that I'll still be around. You'll still be around too." Shibutani pondered, as the shopkeeper walked to their table, setting down a hot, aromatic pot of green tea and an empty ceramic cup before walking back to the kitchen.

View user profile

on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Vizard
Vizard
As the man interrupted the shopkeeper for an order of red bean buns while he was heading back, Kokoro again surveyed the area cautiously, as opposed to nervously.. The man took out his wallet again, clearly he and his capital were far from hard to part.. Kokoro was generally a little more stingy on that end of things, though that was also probably because he never left the lab. Then again, a fool and their cash were usually quick to part.. The man pulled a chair for himself and Kokoro, and Kokoro proceeded to use four tendrils, which would extend from his shoulder areas at this point, and watch as they pulled the seats out for the Captain.. Sitting down, Kokoro gestured for the Captain to do the same, retracting his tendrils back inside his skin. "I thought I'd be polite.."

Kokoro was internally grinning like a child, he no-sold the joke fairly well and let it run alongside the fact that his social graces were indeed terrible, but even he knew that was far from the norm.. His face remained blank though, not wanting to sell that it was a joke in the slightest.. Looking towards the man, he would listen as he defined what these Red-Bean Buns were.. A nice snack to go along with tea, well.. whatever, it wasn't Kokoro that was paying for it after-all Who knows, maybe they'd be good.. he would simply nod in the other Captains direction and continue to look around the restaurant.. He would never, ever, have fit this type of lifestyle..

Jun tried to get back to their prior discussion and he proceeded to admit that he was far from a philosopher, a point Kokoro would not be willing to refute currently.. he would listen willingly as the man seemed to plug the things he did throughout the day.. Observant as he was, Kokoro took a fair amount of interest in the mans daily activities.. "I train as needed, but I figure after a certain point combat becomes as much about the mind as the matter, so I spend most of my time honing it as opposed to my physical form.. As for Social Work I find it to be a fancy way to say I like to work on things that are minor in the large scheme of things, though if your works are different feel free to enlighten me.. You are right to say I've lived a while, that's not really up for my refutation.. But you're right, a week is nothing to a thousand years, at least not until it's over.." The gloomy thought would soon be snuffed out as the man smiled in Kokoro's direction. "A bit on the perky side aren't you?.." He would shrug his shoulders, and return to waiting for the drinks they had ordered to arrive.

As Kokoro heard the mans adulation for the humans continue, he couldn't help but smirk a bit.. "Your infatuation with them is born of the fact that you never were one.. They would think of us the same way as you do of them if they had the opportunity to view us through the same lens that we view them through.." He sighed a bit before continuing "It is in the nature of all sentient beings from my experience, to put other beings on a pedestal they are unworthy of, and to hold themselves to a higher standard.. We are more concerned with our own faults as opposed to the faults of others, and we are so uniquely accustomed to what our positive attributes are that we fail to properly note them.. This is not the case with others for obvious reasons, and so those traits shine through a little more than usual.."

As the man spoke of legacy Kokoro would roll his eyes customarily, "A man who's legacy is felt only by name or likeness was never worth a shit to begin with in my eyes, but who knows.. The Human Spirit is fragile and easily corrupted, they're their own worst enemy and the worlds greatest liability.. Your thoughts on them would change had you lived among them, but you did not. You are regardless entitled to your thoughts on them, and I suppose it is up to someone to feel good about them.. Thankfully, that job is not my own."

As the man continued to speak Kokoro began to smell that their order was ready as it was served in front of them.. Kokoro would quickly take a sip of the tea, in order to calm his mind.. "In the scheme of things all life is short and fleeting... And one humans project can be passed onto another, if they can not take solace in that their work will help after they're gone that's on them.. and it is not my inclination to excuse them for such ridiculous ways of thinking.."

Apps and Info:

on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:56 pm

9th Division
9th Division
"Please refrain from doing that. There are people around you eating. As captains of the Gotei 13, we represent the Seireitei and should thus carry ourselves with the utmost discipline and military bearing." he commented, only as a slight warning, reminding the other captain to mind himself around others. He was, of course, fine if Kokoro wanted to deal in such a way in front of his own squad, though Jun Shibutani preferred keeping up appearances, especially to those who might aspire to become Shinigami. After all, he didn't want to leave a bad impression.

"Certainly." Shibutani replied after the other captain had finished. He was mostly in agreeance to what the other captain said, at least it appeared so. "Back to your point on short sightedness. I think we're all a little short sighted. As busy as I am, it's been a while since I've actually taken the time to look up at the sky. However, if you look at a simple cloud, it might appear to you as being a gentle thing, casually drifting in the breeze. Well. The other day, one of my subordinates showed me a timelapse. He's a photographer, you see, and his project was photographing the change of clouds over time. In fifteen minutes, he told me, fifteen minutes compressed into a few frames changes the cloud from something gentle into something extremely turbulent... What was I on about again?"

"Right. Life is short and fleeting. I still stand by my opinion that it is far easier for us as shinigami to think to the future. A human, really doesn't need to. Two hundred years is a very short amount of time for us right? Well. Not for me. That's half my life. Still. Two hundred years ago- going into adolescence for a shinigami- a person in order to have a copy of something required an ink well and a quill. When we say we'll get to something in two hundred years, it's procrastination. Well, most of the time. I've kept the Captain Commander waiting some time before she wanted to greet me formally as captain. It was a fun experience."

View user profile

on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am

Vizard
Vizard
As the man spoke Kokoro's eyes narrowed in his general direction, "From the man who values his fucking fashion more than the cohesiveness of the Gotei 13, I'm being told about what I represent?.." He would notice that the others in the restaurant were looking at the two of them, and  would proceed to whisper in the mans ear with enough authority and spite to send the message.. "Outside, now, we need to talk.." It would be pretty obvious to all around that the mood had changed. If the man were to decline to follow Kokoro outside Kokoro would go back inside the restaurant and put his head through the wall, if he DID follow, he was in for a rather stern tongue lashing..

Kokoro would let the rest of the dialogue slip away from mind more or less as his head essentially became a tin full of seething rage.. As the man stepped outside, he would be met with a rather stiff backhand before Kokoro would decide to make his feelings known."Let me make something very clear to you, as far as I am concerned I could make you eat dog shit on the floors in front of your squad and do less to assassinate your character in the public eye. I was being courteous and polite, I pulled your chair out, I used an EXTENSION OF MYSELF, to accomplish a simple goal, these are no different than the water and ice Captain Commander Rena used to be able to produce, or the earth shit that Captain Hagane can form. No one in the store complained about it EXCEPT for you, and that pisses me off to no end."

Still not quite finished with the man, Kokoro would pause a moment before interjecting again, "We were having a fine time until you opted to publicly chastise me in the name of appearances... I would not allow that level of disrespect and posturing on the part of the Captain Commander, if you think I'll excuse it for you you're beyond mistaken." Kokoro would keep his hands ready in the case that the man attempted to get him back, but for the most part attempted to portray non-aggression since the situation had cooled down a bit..

Apps and Info:

on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:29 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Captain Shibutani remained in his seat. "Well. You can say those things here, can't you?"

Before long, the man from the counter returned with a platter, placing a plate of hot red-bean bun on the table, and on Shibutani's side, a tall glass of purple and yellow liquid. With a smile, the captain gestured at the pastries. "Go ahead and try one. I personally don't know what they taste like here, but I feel it'd be rude if I took a bite first, especially since I was the one who invited you here."

View user profile

on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:26 pm

Vizard
Vizard
"No, I will not deal with our personal issues in the eyes of the public, and shame our order, I'd recommend you take my advice." The Captain remained in his seat despite Kokoro insisting he follow him outside, and the man began to speak louder than usual, and it was almost as if in the convoluted mind of a pissed off narc scientist that already doesn't like the man it might be interpreted it to be a shout, Kokoro would in summary, ignore the action, regardless of what one would wish to designate it as being. Walking far enough outside the door that he would see him when he left, however long that could take Kokoro would wait. The longer he was FORCED to wait however, would dictate how angry Kokoro was when the man finally decided to get out here for their little 'chat'.

The man should've been thankful anyway, not only was he being spared the embarrassment of a public ass-chewing, He was being spared Kokoro's wrath. For the most part, that is..

Apps and Info:

#21Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum