Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Open] The Heart

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Several months prior, Captain Shibutani wanted to arrange a meeting with the Captain of the 12th squad who, in spite of making a good deal of equipment for the 9th Squad, Captain Shibutani really never had a chance to meet in person outside of Captain's meetings in which he rarely saw any of the man's personality. All in all, the most he knew about the man was his appearance, and even then, it was only in uniform. Due to the Captains' busy schedules, Shibutani sent one of his subordinates to contact a member of the 12th Division, hoping that the request for a meeting could climb their chain of command, as it had with the other divisions.

Then, using Shunpo, as a man who could not do any more cardio, the captain sprinted his way to the 12th division barracks, seeming little more than a brown and black blur to most. And, not even sweaty, the captain waited outside the lab where, as his person had told him, the captain of the 12th Squad would meet him. Waiting for the Captain and checking that indeed it was the scheduled time, Shibutani wanted to see if the Captain were already inside and they were expected to meet in there, expecting to apologize himself for being late.

Not wanting simply to open the door, Captain Shibutani gave three hard knocks, wanting to see if anyone was inside, at the very least.

View user profile

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:50 am

Vizard
Vizard
Kokoro was hard at work per the usual though his reason for being so inclined was a bit different this time.. He had made a deal more or less, the Quincy that was still trying to recover in the other room had agreed to be dissected, so long as Kokoro would attempt to give their Quincy Arrows the same purifying properties as a Shinigami Zanpakuto. The Research and Experimentation was going well, but Kokoro was going to need more Hollow's to test his theory on soon enough.. For now, he was simply tinkering in order to perfect what would realistically amount to a prototype.. For some, that may seem like a ridiculous thing to do, for Kokoro on the other hand, this was simply his way of passing the time..

As he was finishing up the final touches on the prototype, he heard 3 hard knocks on his door.. Analyzing the smallest details, the power behind the knocks, the loudness, and the fact that none of the three wavered in the slightest, Kokoro more or less pieced together that it was not one of his squad members. This was in part because they knew not to knock more than once, and they had all at one point or another been brought to the edge of pissing themselves by Kokoro simply being Kokoro. Approaching his door and looking through a small slit he could see a man wearing a rather European attire.. He resembled a cowboy not a Captain and it was at that moment he remembered.. 9th Squad Captain Jin Shibutani..

Slowly opening the door and glaring at the man, Kokoro made note of his aloof nature and general demeanor.. His disregard for rules was no less infuriating than his disregard for the traditions of the Soul Society, and only served to further his disdain for the man.. If he didn't pay as well as he did for the sports-wear, Kokoro still probably wouldn't be acknowledging him.. "I sent the order out yesterday, why are you disturbing my precious lab time?" Fifty years had come and gone, and all of a sudden this man had some interest in Kokoro's affairs. Kokoro's voice was never affectionate, but it dripped with passive-aggressive vibes at this point even more so than usual.."Do you have some business here that warranted this disturbance? I beg your response but leave all rejoinders you may muster wherever you left your more respectable attire.." It would become obvious Kokoro had some reservations about the man, and he awaited the mans answer with a very forced attempt at attentiveness.

Apps and Info:

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 am

9th Division
9th Division
At the other Captain's response, Shibutani, he quirked a brow. Captain Shibutani, as the captain of the 9th squad, was ultimately editor in chief of most of the Seireitei's, or really the Gotei 13's media. Everybody knew how he dressed. In addition, he had expected that the Captain had already known of his arrival and was simply waiting for him in his lab. Captain Shibutani tried to remember who he had sent to give the request, and quickly made a mental note to scold the man later.

"It was assumed that my people had talked to your people, and that we would meet today. It was on my schedule, after all. Worry not, though, Captain. It was my fault, after all. Still. Do you have time to chat for two hours? If not, we could reschedule. The earliest time I have is the Saturday two weeks from now, if that's okay with you." Shibutani responded, leaving his arms to hang casually, trying to be as open as possible.

View user profile

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:32 am

Vizard
Vizard
The man seemed to quirk a brow in Kokoro's general direction, and for whatever reason he seemed surprised by Kokoro's response in spite of the fact that it was well-known that he was one of the older members of the Gotei 13. He was well-known for having a more traditional view of what a Captain should be, and wasn't a fan of this individualistic art prick in any way, shape, or form. It seemed as though the man assumed his appearance was to be expected, and he seemed befuddled as to why Kokoro wasn't amused by his outfit. Just because he was known to dress that way, didn't exactly mean that all were fans of him doing so after-all..

"Well you know what they say about assumptions..Regardless I will excuse your absence of mind and current lack of matter.. Why you've waited fifty years to casually decide to converse with the Captain least-likely to like you or even to enjoy your presence is beyond me, but nonetheless seeing as you have claimed fault for your actions I can only hope that you will one day hold yourself accountable for your choice in clothing, and either consciously make the decision to wear something more appropriate, or to commit Seppuku on video for my viewing pleasure."

The man was almost irritating given how nonchalant and unkempt he was. Not that Kokoro was one to keep up with appearances either but.. Being a philosopher did not require one to be a saint any more than being a saint required one to be a philosopher.. Or at least Schopenhauer had said something along those lines. Given this mans preference towards the European culture, perhaps it would be a quote even he was aware of.. "Two hours to dedicate to you or anyone else will never be a part of my schedule, but as of now I am on break so if you have something of merit I will lend my ear towards it.."

Apps and Info:

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 am

9th Division
9th Division
"That's awfully convenient, but I'll take the opportunity. Though if you've seen me in Captain's meetings I do dress more... formally." he responded, tugging his coat.

"The reason I want to talk to you though, along with the other captains is so that I can build a working relationship. Trust. It's what relationships are built on. Sadly, I trusted one of my squad members and they've sullied it by not disseminating the information to you and it's failed to reach you. Now. Can I come in? We can choose another venue, if you'd prefer that."

The Captain could think of a few places he had read about, primarily through articles that his squad had published that went through him for approval. There was the hill they performed executions on- he had heard it was great for romantic picnics; there was the cafe, assuming the 12th squad captain enjoyed coffee; among those, several places in the Seireitei, if they didn't mind masking their energy too much so as not too harm those around them.

View user profile

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Vizard
Vizard
"Convenient isn't exactly a common thing around here anymore, so I'd suggest you take advantage of anything 'convenient' that may arise.. Since you'll take the opportunity and are going to try to defend your choice of attire I'm going to take this time to be as candid as possible.. I view Captains as figureheads, our power lies not in actual orders but in our influence over the other citizens of the Gotei 13.. You failing to fall in line with the established parameters of our traditions is a failure to those ends. It is not a matter of personal dislike, but rather detesting choices you make seemingly without thought." He had been looking at him this time, directly in the eye, and after a brief pause, he finished his statements. "So In closing, if I'm being honest I don't care how you dress when in Captain's meetings, that's not the group I'm worried about you influencing.."

As he listened to the mans reasoning behind talking, Kokoro had a thorough disinterest in this mans mind and a more evident lack of interest in his proposal. Nonetheless, it would reflect poorly on Kokoro if he said no, and he knew that.. "I'm sorry to hear your squad like it's Captain is a tad disheveled, but that's not of my concern at this point.. No I'd prefer we went elsewhere, my lab is strictly prohibited for obvious reasons, you may pick the venue.." Wherever the man decided to go, Kokoro would proceed to follow him to that selected place..

Apps and Info:

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Captain Shibutani nodded and lead the way. "We'll be going to a tea shop then."

"I don't know what you're on about" he started as they began walking. "You're a scientist aren't you? I'd assume that a man of science such as yourself would understand the importance of progress and moving forward. Scientifically, socially; and though culture and science may move in different streams, they have their intersections and both do in fact have an impact on the people. Wouldn't you agree?" The captain didn't mean his words in rebuttal. He was quite casual as opposed to the spite he could feel from the other captain. He was certainly glad that the two of them could at least talk on their viewpoints.

"Anyways... Tea. Lately, if you weren't aware, there has been a surge in performers from the human world passing away. This is par the course, as in that generation, many were born. The humans call these the "baby boomers", and I could somewhat think of reasons why. The human world is in no shortage of entertainers and it's nice that we could have some of theirs' here. And I say this, because some of them perform in venues around the Soul Society. Some people can't live without performing- it's their passion. I feel the same about my training, and I would assu- like to think- that you felt the same about your research."

The captain pondered a bit about their conversation, then exited the door in one of the gates. At that moment he shuddered and his spiritual energy dropped. He was controlling it so that the civilians weren't so much bothered.

View user profile

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Vizard
Vizard
The Captain nodded, and Kokoro as one might expect proceeded to follow him, slightly perturbed but willing to overlook the mans past transgressions if he turned out to be worth his time.. He continued the clothing conversation, not his brightest move.. He continued before Kokoro could interrupt him to answer the first question, and it became apparent it was a built-in lead up to the next question... He asked if Kokoro was a scientist, and this was met with Kokoro raising an eyebrow in his general direction.. As he mentioned progress, he pondered for but a moment before providing his own rebuttal..

"I am in fact a Scientist, but progress is a term that is incredibly subjective in the way that you're using it.. You see the problem with your assumption is that you're lending a hand towards a form of progress at all. My opinion is that you're not, fashion freedom does not trump the prioritization of maintained traditions, when those traditions are more often than not the back-bone of an organization tasked with the most important job in the entirety of our known universe.." As he let that sink in for a second, he would continue..

"Progress has always been an aspiration, but many could argue that society has more often than not faltered as opposed to gained when progress became their key motive.. If it isn't broken there's zero reason to fix it.. The Atom Bomb, the Hydrogen Bomb, were all heralded in their times.. They were thought to be weapons that would lead to peace for humanity.. given that the Cold War was a thing, it is obvious to me that this did not happen.." He sighed a bit before continuing, "That may seem to be an incredibly exaggerated example, but to me an Atom Bomb or the equivalent being dropped on our heads would be less disastrous than attempting to move away from social norms we've established for, in my estimation, the right reasons..

As he rubbed his pupils he would conclude his argument, "My concern isn't your choice of apparel in and of itself, that itself is quite drab.. It's the idea of questioning and selfishness being bred within a group that is meant to be altruistic.. You wouldn't observe ants thinking of things outside of protection of their queen and their young, as well as obviously providing for their more essential needs.. It's a pathway for Narcissism and selfishness, even desire to fill a gap that was once filled with concern for the more relevant parts of our existence.. If you'd like an example, see the Progressive Era of America.. Social gains may have been made, but at what cost? Divisive Government, hatred of higher authority and a lack of nationalism/altruism, as opposed to respect and admiration for those once cherished concepts.. It's simply a line I'd rather not cross or impede upon.. Not that I currently have much of a choice but to watch.." He shrugged, "Then again the wise must not be deemed infallible by themselves or their peers.. I could be wrong, I simply don't believe that I am."

As he mentioned the surge of baby-boomers and performers from the World of the Living, he looked up to notice the musicians playing as one might expect.. It was just a backdrop, "I prefer the more classical works if I'm to be honest with you.. There's nothing that can top a symphony composed by a genius like that of Bach or Mozart, but that's obviously a matter of opinion, thus it's rather pointless to me.. as for your infatuation with training, and their infatuation with performance, they are only similar when considering extent of interest... Then again I don't know many that spend 16 hours or more, 7 days a week partaking in their.. 'passion..' As Kokoro finished off the tea he had been casually sipping throughout, he watched the man head towards the gates, and suppressed his Spiritual Pressure as the other Captain had done.. "It's nice to notify someone when you opt to move elsewhere.."

Apps and Info:

on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:31 pm

9th Division
9th Division
Shibutani turned his head to the other captain in agreement. It seemed that, at least to the Captain of the 9th Division, that the other captain felt strongly on the words he used, and kept them in mind. He didn't particularly mean such a thing in an aggressive manner, though his rhetorical questions, he thought to himself, could have certainly been made more clear that they were in fact rhetorical. This was, of course, after the Captain, had saw through that the Captain of the 12th Division did not converse much with others. It was actually nice, for Captain Shibutani, to see his comrade speak in such a way.

"The atom bomb. I remember that time. It was right before I became captain. I remember those days being especially busy. The atomic bomb didn't end all wars, no. Though the side that's dropped it and the side that received it are no longer at war with each other. It doesn't appear that they'll ever be at war with each other. At least not in this day and age. I've been down there myself and have talked to the people; seen their news. I can't say it's quite like ours, but that's enough bragging for me." the captain joked.

"Human matters. Their science isn't quite like yours, but it's remarkable how quickly they advance. Thanks to medicine, people have been living longer. If this trends better, it means less souls for us to have to sort through." Shibutani thought to himself, getting back to what the captain said. "No. The humans are not ants and we're not quite human. From an observer's perspective, it does appear as though human society is collapsing. If you've ever a chance to go down there, however; speak with one of Earth's inhabitants, I think it'd change your mind about them. They're not as wise, intelligent, or long lived as we are; but I think it's this mortality and uncertainty that pushes them towards something greater. It's almost scary to look at." Shibutani looked back to Kokoro with an excited smile.

"It's not really an opinion. I might be participating in this science, but I can't say for certain I do so at the same level as the 12th Division can I? Else wise, I'd have been in your position. Though, who would take mines?" he laughed.

"I'm not a scientist and I won't even pretend to be" he humbled himself. "Though," the captain looked to Kokoro almost sinister, "I didn't expect you'd even have a taste in music." He made a mental note of the other captain's favorite artists. It was important information, after all.

"I was a fresh trainee out of the academy when the works of Mozart were first heard in symphony. Even then, I had been alive for the span of a human's lifetime... Were you born in the Soul Society? I know many of our ranks came to the Soul Society as humans."

View user profile

on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Vizard
Vizard
The man seemed very observation based which intrigued Kokoro greatly, though he didn't need to do much more than casually make a mark of said interest mentally. He seemed to turn his head to Kokoro in what appeared to be agreement, and seemingly did not take the things Kokoro said as being aggressive, which was a perk given that they weren't mean to be taken in such a way. He seemed briefly confused by the rhetorical questions which were asked, though Kokoro in all fairness could have done a far better job of clarifying that they were, indeed rhetorical, and he knew this to be a fact. It was an interesting experience for Kokoro, given that he did not in most cases casually interact with other Captains in this type of social manner..

As the man spoke and Kokoro did his best to make mental notes of what he had said in order to properly respond Kokoro couldn't help but smirk a bit. "Everyone remembers that time that was around for it friend, it was a time of great interest if nothing else, though I was not aware you'd been around for so long.. time flies I suppose when you're around this long eh?" He stopped for a moment and pondered the implications of what the man had just said in regards to it at least temporarily ending the war with the other side. "Suppose you dropped it now, would it end war or would it end worlds? My answer, is it would end wars. People are vindictive and vengeful, and in their dying breaths if need be they would launch as many of those as they possessed into the sky, in order to wipe the slate clean.."

"It doesn't appear that they'll ever be at war with each other yet, and frankly that's only because of how globalism has taken hold, but if someone messed up do not think for a second they would not revert back to their more base, and otherwise primal urges towards war.. Humans are after-all simple creatures, and have been since my days among them.." He heard that the man had been down there and he nodded, "I have as well and no their media is very much so a product of their practices.. It is divisive and shoots only for controversy where as the newspaper here is, as far as I can tell, one that attempts to persuade our people towards a sense of unity if it is at all possible.. Which is I suppose a testament to you in some ways even though I am not.. shall we say 'inclined' towards you in other respects.."

The joke was somewhat received but not entirely processed by Kokoro given the current subject matter. He was more or less attempting to flex his mental matter in terms of verbally conveying his innermost thoughts and opinions, as he had not done so in a while and thought that this was as good a time as any to practice given he had a captive audience that was at LEAST smarter than a tack in the wall.. As the man once more continued to speak with his interesting philosophy, Kokoro couldn't help but question the mans interest in humanity.. Then again that could in part be because Kokoro himself hadn't taken a large interest in them, and thus bias was certainly present..

"Human Matters deal not with the unknown but what can be proven by their limited resources and thinking capabilities.. It deals not with the betterment of their circumstances but only with the betterment of themselves, I too once dealt with this beyond flawed reasoning.. Their scientific goals are not to stretch the boundaries of possibility, but to find what is within the confines of their own thoughts and perspectives.. I too was once caught in this inadequate process.. I too once thought that the mysteries of the world were only valuable if they were relevant to humanity but.. I now know better.." He stopped a second before continuing..

"Though it is true that they are not like ants and that their medical interactions may cut back on our load in regards to souls it is once again not for the betterment of the world that their actions work towards.. Less souls means they will soon overpopulate, interplanetary travel is not something they have any level of measurable success with unless you count the travels which require years and years and years to accomplish, cost billions of dollars, and achieve very, very little while only actively sending a few people.. their advancements are remarkable for their age but not remarkable enough to outpace their own self-destruction.. Humans after-all are the most unknowingly self-loathing species that has ever existed.. It's fascinating to watch and depressing all at the same time...

"In regards to speaking to them I have, on numerous occasions and let's not forget that I once lived among them albeit that was in a far more distant time.. Their mortality drives them towards accomplishment, but how does mortality drive them? It's fear based achievement, meant only to perpetuate them in the short-term, only to quash their fears within the short-term.. They fear their mortality because they are too simple to understand that there is more to life than death, and a species that continues to function on the basis of fear will surely be doomed by such thoughts and their by-products.. It's nice that you're at least aware of yourself on the science front, and I've by no means a lack of interest in discussion with you regardless of rank so long as it is a topic of interest.. You do not need my level of dedication to the sciences to yield interesting information, in fact, some of the most riveting discoveries for humans were often founded by sheer accident, by those with little to no clue what they are doing..Science like any field blinds one to other possibilities, and ignorance is simply an objective lens.."

The man seemed bewildered after he humbled himself and seemed to trail off in surprise, was it that all Captains thought Kokoro was some kind of raging monster, yearning for science and death in equal measure and nothing else?.. Preposterous as it was, it was still amusing, though noted with rather slight interest.. Kokoro cared little of what others thought of him, and less still about how their perception was changed by direct dialogue with him. "Yes many are surprised to learn that I am not a troll that resides in the lab, with my days only sustenance being research and the lives of other creatures of the world.. I do enjoy music to in a way, calm my nerves a bit.. To relax me and give me a level head for research purposes.. and the projection of the soul through composition has always been of mild interest to me.. How one can express themselves through a symphony, how those playing instruments can so adequately convey the thoughts and emotions of the conductor is.. magnificent to say the least.."

"I was born before the time of Mozart during the times of the Black Plague in Europe.. Even then people fought for resources with reckless abandon, fearing death as though it were an end as opposed to a new-beginning.. Their faith in God, despite it not being correct would lead one to believe they'd have some semblance of hope towards the after-life but it was to no avail.. And one would think the idea of being judged long-term for the actions of man in the short-term would lead them to better behave themselves but once again, no. My interactions with Humanity were not impressive, and I myself died fairly young.. In my twenties I believe.. then I ended up here and.. Several hundred years later here I am.." His voice trailed off as he began to follow, not perplexed but rather enthralled with the memories of his own life though it would not be evident by his face at this point.. He would simply appear to be in thought per the usual, and it would be of little note or distinction..

Apps and Info:

#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum