Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Please log in to post a topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:45 am

8th Division
8th Division
I'm just gonna say yes. There's no challenge to staying alive as it is, and if I don't want Saio to die, she won't. No matter how much you people hate her shenanigans.

Though if you're directly planning on attacking me with deadly force, let me know Razz

Play the game, use all the pieces, leave your cards on the table.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 am

My entire argument here really is, this shouldn't be a topic. Death is already a thing that should be enabled if you just communicate with the other player and request whether they are fine with it or not. If they aren't you just get creative, if they are, you just go brain dead.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
The point isn't to remove player choice though and this doesn't even achieve that for player choice still decides whether or not they flee and whether or not they have this or that character "safe" from killing. To work on Jeff's point. If I play Kaze, after sinners are officially a thing, He's not going to stop just because he beat you. He's not going to pity you. He doesn't care if you can get stronger or anything about you. He will kill you unless you can keep him from doing so.

So how would I possibly be able to have a fight with him? Your way is fine, not saying it isn't, but adding this option allows for actual evil characters to do what they would actually do.

Because without death enabled. You lost to Kaze. who would literally kill you regardless of anything you could possibly say or offer. And I'm supposed to.....? break character and just let you live? How is that fair to me? Kaze didn't hide his evil. Kaze didn't leave it up for debate that he was literally after your life. But now that everything is said and done..you simply live?

That is why Jeff is asking about Death Enabled. It doesn't "Change" anything except the perception of how things are done. And people who don't want constant death matches would still have a means in which to avoid being killed without having to go "oh well I lived even though you turned my body into swiss cheese."

Neither of you are wrong on your points. But the points will endlessly clash and as such it is pointless to continue that discussion. That is why the forum poll is being held.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

I don't like the idea. I feel it might discourage combat threads, for one, because some people might be afraid to risk their characters, or people pulling cheap escapes to save their characters, and ruin a good thread. Or someone joining an open thread between a couple of 1 or 2 tiers with a 0-3 and killing all of the ones not protected by the "registered" thing.

Now I'm not saying don't do this at all, i'm saying don't force everyone to do it jn every combat thread. Instead, allow death matches, where you choose to put your character on the line. Since this forum has the thread tags, simply tag the thread death enabled. No one has to die, but they might, because everyone in the thread has agreed to it by joining.

I'm voting no. But if this goes ahead there are things to consider too. Open threads and tier differences. If an open thread turns into a fight, it could result in someone being ganged up on, or a low tier fighting a higher tier, and said higher tier killing them. Generally open threads are not pre planned, like a closed thread would be. So they can spiral out of control. Jeff you might recall a certain thread on Era x where Someone, possibly Ika, blew up a building and an org leader showed up? yeah. They need to be monitored, because i can see this going wrong, someone losing a character when they don't want to, resulting in allot of salt.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:54 am

Fullbringer
Fullbringer
Also voting no, with Zenke's reasoning. And all his points. Refer to him.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:54 am

8th Division
8th Division
I'm going to throw this out on the 'yes' side of things.

A: You'd be allowed two protections for characters you want to unconditionally protect.
B: You're not going to be actively targeted by a particular 0-X character. For one thing, we want to keep people here, and for another, most people aren't actively going to hunt other players. If they do, chances are, they'll eventually get struck down.
C: You generally sign up for specific threads. In a lot of the casual threads, like in Maki's recruitment threads, she's not going to try and kill a potential ally.

I'm currently sending Maki into Moscow, knowing there's a good chance she's going to die. Especially considering the type of Hollow Sla Yer is.

I'm basically saying that by saying 'yes', your characters aren't all signing up to die.

Play the game, use all the pieces, leave your cards on the table.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:05 pm

2nd Division
2nd Division
My opinion.. not that I really care about this subject, I'm simply going to say that all events should be Death-Enabled, since well, the event is a massive thing where all the characters get together and lets be honest we usually fight in events. So I'm not gonna vote cause I don't care either way but I just think events should have some risk if you want to join in them.

View user profile

on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 am

Vizard
Vizard
To Zenke, just to rebuke. A. On Era X Ika would have CERTAINLY, been one of my protected characters. I also wouldn't allow high tiers to just join threads that they can rape in, that's bullshit. I don't even use my high level characters unless it's one on three or training because I know that's not fair, and I wouldn't allow others to do that either. Don't forget as staff we do actually like to keep people here, just as you guys do, and if someone got out of line trying shit like that, I hold a pretty good trump card. I hate to put it that way, but I do moderate by virtue of the fact that if you step out of line I can kick your ass back to the line. So no, that's not an issue here, because if someone pulled something like that here, I'd just have Ika show up and kick their dicks in. But, I do like the death tagged thread idea.

My only actual issue with it is this.. If no one uses the death tag, we're back to square one. No ones friggen' dying, and the site is in a constant state of combat without consequence. Example, unless you're an ally the odds of Accelerator NOT killing you are slim to none if he's beat your ass from one side of the road back to the other. Ika is 50-50, but me having to neuter them because of a thread tag, (or lack thereof) is kind of dumb. They're high level, I neuter them by lack of involvement or as highlighted above, fights against those with better odds. Win win.

Obviously my characters are righttttt there.
View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net
#19Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum