Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death Enabled Threads?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 am

Vizard
Vizard
In Bleach, combat is inevitable and in a universe where people casually swing blades at each other and it's arguably the LEAST dangerous thing they do, death is obviously inevitable. But some people don't want their characters to die, which I also understand. So I'd like to propose a rule.

Death Enabled Threads are automatic for all characters except for two on each persons roster. If you die? You die. There are consequences in battle. So if your roster is larger than two characters, you MUST register those characters as ones you don't want to die. However, if they are registered that also means you cannot kill another character without first having permission, cause that would be wrong.

SO.

I'd like people to present their thoughts, and votes here. I'll state my short and condensed reasoning here, and start off with a yes vote.

Yes: Ika, Rena, Kaitou, Shana
No: Atom,

Obviously my characters are righttttt there.
View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:22 am

Vizard
Vizard
My reasoning is quite simple, I don't like not being able to fight all out due to the knowledge that I can't kill a character. Combat is admittedly the funnest part of Bleach RP for me due to the thought that goes into it, and the competitive nature of it. But if I sodomize someone with a broadsword, I don't want them to walk it off cause "lol plot armor" unless I knew that they would have that going in.

Plus I don't actually need more than two characters protected, hell, I don't need any protected. I know how to flee, and I can call friends. But to not be able to die is just silly to me, in a universe where swords being swung is like, the 75th most dangerous thing to deal with in combat. That's just of course my two cents.

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:23 am

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
I already said I didn't care. I already have this going on for my own roster as it stands anyways and have made that clear before. So clearly I say yes.

However I also mentioned that not everyone will want death matches. So. Do with that info what you want.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:25 am

Princess
Princess
YES.

The very risk of death puts all characters in a different state. Knowing that nothing you do will end up killing your characters can lead to some stupid decisions for the laugh of it, but that's boring if you think about it. I think that having the risk of death be ever-apparent, save for a few characters of your choosing, is the best way to go about this. For example, I have a lot of ideas I want to do with Kaitou, going so far as to create an entire organization... once I can afford to do so, anyway. Need donations on that part.

...anyway, I also really like Kaine, and even though I don't have any *plot* with her, I can come up with an in-character reason as to why she always manages to survive even when the odds are against her, but the rest of my characters... I don't really care about. I just like designing abilities. >.>

Anyway, my vote goes to yes because it's more fun if everyone has to risk death at all times.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:30 am

2nd Division
2nd Division
I like the concept and personally would vote yes,

And to expound on it you could offer an option where people could purchase additional 'safety-shells', or on creation give the players to opt into a softcore/hardcore settings. (ala Diablo)

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:35 am

I'd say no for the simple fact that the two players can just discuss themselves whether a character will perish. If it's an event I'm all for the possibility of dying, but to say you can't go all out because your afraid of killing another character? You as the player have to draw the line on that, the characters themselves technically have no actual reason not to besides they just on a whim don't want to.

Fights are more fun if you treat it as kill or be killed still, knowing that you technically won't be killed unless you allow it, but that also brings in your skill as a player to RP a situation like that and understanding what your character can and cannot avoid. As Jeff stated, if you don't know when to run from a fight that's your fault, but at the same time just cause your ignorant as a player doesn't mean you can't have oversight to step in and say that a character is too fatigued or beaten up to continue the fight.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:37 am

Vizard
Vizard
My response to that is, if I'm Accelerator or Ika, and you pissed me off enough to beat you to that point, I'm not going to stop. It breaks character for dangerous characters, and eliminates the point of combat.

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:37 am

Comes down to making your own choice in the beginning whether your going to rp with the character or not. Still players choice.

View user profile

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:38 am

Vizard
Vizard
Right and I'm not saying that it's not down to player choice, or that if you lose you must die, but there are so many ways to avoid death it's frankly not a bad idea to have it enabled IMO.

on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 am

Technically. It is enabled, and player choice already. If you don't want the character to die because you have plot ideas for them later on, then you don't want them to die. If you aren't interested in the character anymore, you just start having fight threads until they drop.

Like I've said. Player choice man. Cause for instance the cause of Styxx and Shin right now. Styxx isn't killing Shin because of his own personal choice. Though in reality if anyone else did show up and Styxx flared his power, his power alone would kill Shin without Styxx raising a hand. Now that isn't cool, and I wouldn't let that happen to someone elses character just because they are theoretically weaker. You as a player have to RP situations mate, you can't just force it on people. I understand what your looking for since you play mostly battle crazy idiots but that doesn't mean other people don't play moderate powerhouses with backstory to socialize and get into mild fights. I also understand the whole two protected thing but you don't even need that in the first place. You can have fights that bring you to deaths door and end there because of simple pity, because of wanting to see a worth opponent get stronger, because they challenged you and you don't want your new chew/play toy to die.

The options are limitless and endless but if you put yourself into a simple box of live or die you make everything pretty linear.

View user profile
#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum