Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Private] Waltz of Wind and Fire

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:48 am

Princess
Princess

Far from the Seireitei, on the outskirts of Soul Society were blazoned with the remains of tribes, buildings and mountains which had crumbled to dust everything that revealed anything of their society. All which remained were minor ruins, scrap of a former age with naught that mattered. It is in these ruins, under the light of the pale moon, where Kaitou stood.

The vivid radiance of the moonlight pierced through the thick clouds, reflecting off the edges, and scattering the thin fog down below. Each minute breeze of wind effortlessly blew it away, clearing the landscape for another few moments before it resettled and took up space again, only to disappear once more with another gust.

With his right hand resting on the handle of his Zanpakutou and his left hand holding a folder full of papers, Kaitou's eyes were closed and his ears were open. The papers in the folder were all about a specific individual; Captain of the Eighth Division in the Gotei 13, Noziel Aran. While Kaitou held a copy of all information known about this particular shinigami, he had never opened it. Not a single word in the folder was known to Kaitou but five; five words, told to him from Noziel's former captain: Clear. Calm. Precise. Calculating. Switch.

Those five words were all Kaitou needed to know in order to asses the shinigami's personality, but they told him nothing of who the man *was*, which is what he was here to find out. With a simple letter given to Noziel, Kaitou had told him to be met here, in this exact location, for an assessment of the shinigami's abilities. According to Kaitou's inner clock, Noziel had 5 minutes to show up before he was late.

[This should be interesting.]
We'll see.
[ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏᴏ ǫᴜɪᴄᴋʟʏ ᴋᴀɪᴛᴏᴜ]
I don't plan to, Solstice.
[This isn't a training excercise, this is a test of the other Shinigami.]
Correct.
[ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴅɪᴇ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ]
I won't.
technique log

N/A

View user profile

on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:10 pm

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

There was a man that I was supposed to meet on the outskirts of the Seireitei, in ruins... What an odd place to meet, but that could only mean a few things. First off, asking me to come out here, I'm still behind on my paperwork, but honestly, I could care less about that, it's too much of a bother. Besides, being in my office all day isn't exactly necessary. Out into the desolate outskirts I trod. Though for such a barren wasteland, the moon was lovely, so I suppose it wasn't all that bad.

The winds were comforting, being in my element was always a good sign, though I knew all too well that looks can be deceiving. I walked out to find a blonde boy, standing with his zanpakuto in the earth. Unfamiliar to me, but he had a folder in his hand, upon closer inspection, realizing that was MY file. I drew my rapier, Fusoku, and walked forward, hailing him. "I find it a little odd that you asked to see me. I'm not that great, even then, normally people prefer a game of shogi with me to straight up combat."

Tilting my rapier into a non-combat position, I eyed him, taking into account his build, his zanpakuto, a bulky cleaver, approximately 5 feet in length. He might have the edge in raw power, but I was expecting him to be a bit slower. I'd have the advantage with my speed, though I was wondering how far that would take me. After all, speed and precision are nothing without the power to back it up.

Play the game, use all the pieces, leave your cards on the table.

View user profile

on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 am

Princess
Princess

Clear. Calm. Precise. Calculating. Switch.

Clear.
Kaitou's eyes remained closed with each gust of wind, even those landing directly on his face to assault him, never twitching under the pressure or onslaught. He stayed where he was, listening for anything in the wilderness, sensing to find where Noziel was. If the boy was late to this... Kaitou paid no more attention to that thought as he found Noziel's position, just a few more minutes out. He'd arrive on time almost to the tee, which was good. Kaitou's eyes finally opened and he shifted his body to face the direction Noziel would arrive from, Kaitou unsheathed his Zanpakutou and stabbed it into the earth below him, leaning against it and crossing his arms, showing the folder in plain sight. He wanted Noziel to know what he was holding.

Calm.
As Noziel walked up, Kaitou smiled at him. Just because this was a test for the boy doesn't mean that he can't be who he usually is, right? Kaitou would still be just as nice and respectful to this Shinigami as he was any other, because it's just who he is. The plan of a battle between the two was little more than a friendly spar to ascertain the other Shinigami's abilities, solely because of interest. Noziel Aran took a quick glance at the folder in Kaitou's hand and drew his rapier, thinking things would go straight into combat, but realized that they weren't going to do that and he lowered it into a less aggressive position as he spoke to Kaitou.

Precise.
"A game of shogi is nothing compared to combat. From what I've heard of you, this will be a very interesting battle; that being said, I need to know what you're capable of before I really get into this." Kaitou's voice was soft and friendly, in no way the commanding voice he used with members of his squad, as he continued. "The folder in my hand is everything about you. Your skill set, your grades, your fighting style. I haven't read a single word of it, because I don't want to know any of this before we fight. For that reason..." Kaitou got up off the blade of his Zanpakutou, extending his hand with the folder of Noziel's information and throwing it as high as he could, extending one finger as a beam of cobalt light erupted from it, piercing the folder and burning it to ash.

Calculating.
Kaitou's eyes watched Noziel's as the folder disappeared with Hado#4. If he was as calculating as Kaitou had been told, he'd know that Kaitou was at least proficient enough with Kidou to use Hado#4 without the incantation. While Kaitou was far more skilled than that, it would set a good ground level for Noziel to know what Kaitou could do. The Captain smiled again and reached behind him, grabbing hold of his massive cleaver of a Zanpakutou, pulling it free from the earth it was stuck into, revealing it's full length as he rested it on his shoulder and watched Noziel. Was he fast? Was he strong? Kaitou needed to know what Noziel could do before he even thought about activating his Shikai.

Switch.
Shunpo would be too fast. Few Shinigami were capable of keeping up with his speed; instead, Kaitou bent his knees and jumped towards Noziel, using less than his normal speed to run up to the other Shinigami and extend his arm, moving to crash down his Zanpakutou at half strength where Noziel stood. If he was too slow for this, then he had no business being a Captain. If he blocked it, it would show his strength; if he dodged it, it would show his speed. Either way, Kaitou was starting this with nothing else needing to be said.
technique log
Spell Name: Byakurai
Spell Type: Hadō
Spell Number: #4
Spell Incantation: N/A
Spell Effect: The caster extends his index finger and gathers spirit energy at the tip of his extended finger before firing a concentrated beam of cobalt colored lightning at the target, addition lightning is wrapped around the beam, adding to the effect of the lightning as it travels.

View user profile

on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:09 pm

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

As I approached the boy, I noticed a pleasant smile spread across his face, which relaxed me further. My rapier at this point was laid against my leg as I approached him, smiling in return. At which point he'd admitted to being given my file though not having read it. With that, he tossed it into the air, incinerating it with a Hado #4. His hand coming to rest on his Zanpakuto, the massive cleaver that was indeed a bit intimidating, pulling it up out of the earth. Seemingly analyzing me like I would any opponent, he rested the cleaver on his shoulder. "In which case, I officially greet you, as acting Captain of Squad 8."

Lunging forward at me, he swung his cleaver in a downward arc, with power seemingly unfit for someone of his caliber. Was he holding back? Either way, I knew it'd be silly to block a cleaver with a toothpick, so I dodged. Assuming the cleaver impacted the earth, I'd wait for the dust to settle before shunpoing behind him, anticipating that he would expect a strike, then patting his shoulder with the hilt of my rapier. If he retaliated with a strike before I could do so, I'd sidestep out of the way if I had the chance.

View user profile

on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:17 am

Princess
Princess

Dodging was the right idea; Noziel's Zanpakutou was a rapier, and since Kaitou's was much, much larger than that... dogding was the right idea. When Kaitou's attack landed, it created a dust cloud which blocked either of them from seeing each other for a moment, though they both knew where the other roughly was, and as Noziel appeared behind Kaitou and tapped his shoulder with the hilt of the rapier, Kaitou smiled and jumped away.

"Alright, so you prefer speed over strength. Good to know. What say we up the ante a bit here, Noziel?" Swinging the massive blade around, Kaitou stabbed his Zanpakutou into the ground before closing his eyes. "Incinerate everything, Caliburn!" Releasing his Shikai, Kaitou pulled it back out of the ground before jumping high into the sky to distract Noziel, using a Shunpo to appear behind him and copying him from before, moving to tap his shoulder with the hilt of his weapon.

It wasn't meant to end the fight too quickly, he just wanted to show that he was also very fast, to make this fight rather interesting. Regardless of whether the tap landed, Kaitou shunpoed away again to place some distance between the two Captains so the other one could release their Shikai.

This fight was going to be rather interesting.
technique log

N/A

View user profile

on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:50 am

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

My dodge successful, and the distraction solid enough to land a light tap on the boy's shoulder, I smiled, knowing that I was able to convey my skillset through application instead of words. "Alright, so you prefer speed over strength. Good to know. What say we up the ante a bit here, Noziel?" In saying this, the boy shifted to Shikai, and leapt high into the air with it after sliding his zanpakuto out of the earth. Then nothing. I lost all sense of him. It was a clear and brilliant distraction.

Remembering my training session with Rena, I closed my eyes. I felt the breeze behind me, then the world I knew became like a pencil sketch. I looked around, seeing the darkness, etched with the rough details of the scenery around me. A tree in the distance, birds chirping, the grass and flowers dancing in the wind. Then looking closer, I could see something similar to dust. It didn't fall, rise, or move suddenly, most of it stagnated in the air. This 'dust' I recognized as Reishi particles. It was kind of like sitting in a field of stars. All too beautiful to finally see the world around me in a new way, I realized I hadn't quite thought to look for the boy in all of this. Come to think it, I hadn't quite used this to track someone before. By the time I 'saw' his reiatsu, it was too late. He brought the hilt of his weapon and tapped me on the shoulder as I had done to him.

It was a little heavier than my blow, but it was still just a playful hit. It was his answer to my shot from earlier. I couldn't help but laughing audibly for the boy to hear me. I opened my eyes and cupped my hand in my face, still laughing. After my fit was finished, I looked over to the boy, smiling. "Oh yeah, we're going to get along just fine. Squad 8 has been pretty boring, if I'm being honest, so I'm going to enjoy every minute of this."

With that, I elevated to Shikai, ready to show him more of my potential.

View user profile

on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:30 am

Princess
Princess

Although the man definitely had the caliber of being a Captain in the Gotei 13, his actions didn't show that off. . . at least not yet. He seemed to be focusing on his sensing skills, locating Kaitou a fraction of a second too late in order to do anything and suffered the hit to his shoulder. He jumped away and activated his Shikai, ready to actually fight.

Or so Kaitou hoped.

Steeling himself and staring at the man across from him, Kaitou took in the design of his Shikai. A bright blueish white glow on the blade, with an almost crystalline blade. Based on the winds blowing around it, wind was it's primary element, which made Kaitou smile. Wind often lost to Fire, but elements alone weren't enough to decide a fight. To see where Noziel's abilities were at, Kaitou decided to use his Shikai's only true technique, and stabbed the blade deep into the earth in front of him. Holding both of his hands out towards the man in front of him, Kaitou closed his eyes as hundreds of tiny bladed embers were produced, akin to a flame thrower, straight from his hands at Noziel. Twisting them around, he combined the two stream into a large beam of fire headed straight for the man.
technique log
[まず炎] Mazu Hono, The First Flame
Technique Description: Kaitou thrusts Caliburn straight into the ground in front of him, which causes the shikai to change. Rather than release embers at each swing, they are constantly produced from his hands; both of them. He can control them with either hand, and can create up to 1,000 embers at any one time. This ability has no charge time, lasts up to 5 posts, and has a 5 post cooldown.

View user profile

on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:41 am

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

The one before me, Kaitou seemed to ponder me, evaluating my techniques with each movement. I could appreciate an analytical boy such as this. Resuming combat, he shoved his zanpakuto into the earth, firing two beams of fire that joined to make one, comprised of hundreds of small embers. I began to retort by using a skill that once was a training skill, but for me, I had improved it. I held Fusoku in front of me, letting it go, spinning it with my reiatsu. As I did this, the winds added to it, making it spin until the identity of the blade was ambiguous. I thrust my palm towards it, and with it, a blast of wind, forming a strong tornado to intercept the fire stream with.

Hopefully, it would either snuff the flames out, or it would absorb the flames, but no matter the outcome, I would thrust my Shikai towards Kaitou, hoping to catch him by surprise. Behind the air-assisted toss, I'd fire a simple Sho, without the incantation.

View user profile

on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:18 am

Princess
Princess

Noziel's blade was let go, while it began to spin and be coated in wind, concealing the length of the blade as he thrust his palm towards it and created a tornado to counter the embers Kaitou had sent towards him. While the embers were scattered, none of them were destroyed as Kaitou manipulated them, moving his left hand outward and upward before pulling it back towards him and clenching his fist. Half of the embers followed this pattern, moving behind Noziel before collapsing on him, while the embers on the right formed a small wall to prevent escape in that direction.

As Noziel's Zanpakutou was launched at Kaitou, he crouched and jumped backward, pulling his legs of his head and twisting his body, landing on the hilt of the weapon before being pushed back by a Sho, causing Kaitou to smile. Utilization of Kidou mid-combat for more interesting counter attacks was something he considered requiring of some level of skill, so it meant Noziel wasn't a total neophyte to fighting, which was good.

Jumping off the Shikai and towards Noziel, Kaitou cast his right hand directly at Noziel, casting Bakudo#9:Geki, before keeping his same hand out and casting Hado#33:Sokatsui from the same hand, sending a blue fireball rocketing towards the (hopefully) paralyzed Noziel.
technique log
[永遠の怒り]Eien no Ikari, Eternal Fury
Effect: Every swing of Caliburn releases one hundred tiny bladed embers. These embers will proceed directly at the angle Caliburn was swung at and can be destroyed by being struck directly. Kaitou can control these embers and move them around by using his left hand, while his right hand holds the sword. Kaitou can have 500 embers at a time if he's wielding Caliburn, and by using the First Flame technique, his limit is doubled. Every 250 embers manipulated creates a 1 post downtime before Kaitou can manipulate embers again, while he can still create them.

[まず炎] Mazu Hono, The First Flame
Technique Description: Kaitou thrusts Caliburn straight into the ground in front of him, which causes the shikai to change. Rather than release embers at each swing, they are constantly produced from his hands; both of them. He can control them with either hand, and can create up to 1,000 embers at any one time. This ability has no charge time, lasts up to 5 posts, and has a 5 post cooldown.

Spell Name: Geki
Spell Type: Bakudō
Spell Number: #9
Spell Incantation: "Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat!"
Spell Effect: The caster either casts their hand at their target or spells out the kanji of the spell's name before the target is surrounded with a red aura, causes complete paralysis to the target, freezing them in the position they are in when the spell hit them.

Spell Name: Sokatsui
Spell Type: Hadō
Spell Number: #33
Spell Incantation: "All things in the universe that fly, that which names all, in the name of truth and temperance, dig your claws into the wall of sinless dreams!
Spell Effect: The caster extends his whole palm with his fingers extended forwards but only slightly apart before blue flame-like spirit energy flows into the center of the extended palm before firing a large wave of blue flames towards a target, without the incantation, it appears more as a blue fireball that rockets towards a target instead of a wave. causes a explosion on impact plus burn damage depending on tier of the target.

View user profile

on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:19 am

8th Division
8th Division
It took me a while to realize that Kaitou's embers were not so easily snuffed out. Still, I was pleased that my attempts to deal with his techniques were effective. I'd staved off his embers for now, but after tossing my Shikai after him, they began to close in on me again. They were to my right and behind me, so that left one option. Forward. I dashed forward, watching Kaitou land on my zanpakuto's hilt, then getting blasted back slightly by the Sho I'd launched earlier. However, that's when things got complicated. Before moving too far forward, I'd been put under a Geki, followed by a Hadou 33. Bakudo wasn't really my strong suit, but I knew this was a pretty weak binding.

I'd attempt to disperse the binding via my own spiritual pressure, thrusting my hand upward and pushing against it. I'd end up being slightly restricted, slowed down considerably, but this was the best I could do without my zanpakuto. Speaking of, it would be about time for it to return, and I'd open my hand to catch it. Shortly after, I'd elevate to Bankai and the Geki would be gone. I'd attempt to dodge, the Sokatsui grazing my arm and burning it.

(Keep in mind this is still Noz's old Bankai)
The tip of the sword elongating, sharpening to a more precise point, I would shunpo behind Kaitou, aiming to strike him with the tip. If I had failed, I would dash backward, then launch a Shard at him, given the form of a smooth glassy orb. Additionally, I'd fire off an Okasen.

View user profile
#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum