Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Private] Training under the new Captain-Commander

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:28 pm

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

In my office, as it were my home away from home, I received word that Rena Lisola was now pretty much herself again, albeit still missing her eye and arm. In addition to this, I received word that she had successfully taken over as the overseeing Captain-Commander. I noticed a strange letter on my desk that seemed partially frozen somehow, as if that was someone's way of sealing mailed documents. I chuckled, knowing full well who had sent it, opening it carefully so as not to shear it into paper shards.

"Dear Noziel Aran, Vice Captain of Squad 8

Your presence is requested in my chambers immediately. No questions asked, no whining either.

~Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13, Rena Lisola

P.S. If you don't drop this, you'll get frostbite in 3 seconds."

Upon reading the last line, I dropped the letter out of concern for my fingers, which were becoming quite cold. The letter crystallized, then my office was filled with snow. Joyous. I have to clean that up too. Still, without hesitation, I went to her office, a slight smirk on my face knowing fully that I had asked for this. I wanted to get stronger, but I knew Rena, she wasn't going to make this easy.

Play the game, use all the pieces, leave your cards on the table.

View user profile

on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
Rena tapped her foot as she paced around her office waiting on Noziel to show up. She had sent that letter a while ago.. what could possibly be taking them so long to get this formality over with. She would have just went and dragged him here herself but there were certain things that were incredibly annoying that she had to uphold as the new Captain-Commander. Regardless he arrived soon enough and she attempted to clap as she was delighted he had finally arrived.. Only for a rather silly and then annoyed look to cross her face soon after as she remembered she can't clap anymore. She was still clearly getting used to missing the arm, but despite all of the voiced concerns from both the 4th Division and the 12th Division she had refused any and all means of obtaining a replacement arm.

"I'm glad you are here." She grabbed shackles from her desk and tossed them at Noziel. The odd thing he would immediately notice, after he realized they were quite heavy, was that there was no chain between the shackles. They looked like the just snapped on and that was it, "You'll be wearing those while we train you today. And any other time you train with me." She moved past him and grinned before grabbing an oversized boomerang object by her office door and motioning with her head for him to follow, "Let's go to the training grounds. I'll explain more once we're there."

The actual walk there was rather uneventful. Rena refused to answer questions until they arrived after all. It didn't take long though and once they were there she did start explaining stuff asuming Noz hadn't already put the shackles on, I mean why would he?, she'd begin with, "First put those on," and then move to the real explaination, "Those are special shackles. They will not only restrain your physical movement, but make it extremely difficult to use ANY spiritual power without intense concentration and effort."

As if responding to the fact she said this, the shackles would have activated and snapped together. If/when Noziel pulled them apart it would feel as if they were magnetized and trying super hard to come back together. There would also be a line of spiritual energy between them that matches both the feel and color of his own energy. Suddenly a secondary pair formed on his legs near his ankles too being created by the first pair as part of their secondary effect. Within a moment they too snapped together, possibly making Noz lose balance and fall over. As they activated and served the same function.

"You will spar with me while overcoming these shackles. It will be difficult at first and you will be taxed quickly. Do not get discouraged. This is normal. It took me a week before I could move normally with those on again. This will help you grow stronger, faster, more controlled, help teach you to make every movement count, and many other things."

She moved into a stance to where her missing arm's shoulder (Her left) was forward towards Noziel and her free hand was gripping the giant bone-made boomerang she grabbed on the way here as if she was getting ready to either throw it or otherwise attack with it, while her legs took a typical semi-bent stance for balance and foundation.

"I will not attack until you can at least move, but when you are able. You are to try to attack me as best as you can.. and you are forbidden from releasing your shikai."

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:24 am

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

As I arrived at Rena's chambers, she was pacing heavily, and upon noticing that I showed up, stood there awkwardly, half-clapping. I almost chuckled a bit then thought better of it. She thanked me for coming, then tossed what looked like two metal armbands to me. I caught them, examining them, then looking over to her, quite puzzled. She had explained to me that they were special shackles, leading me to not have much interest in putting them on. She told me that these lovely little things would be my companions every day that I trained under her. I smiled rather wryly, then followed her out of her office, catching a glimpse of some sort of white thing, a boomerang perhaps? It was a bit large for that, but still...

I tried to ask her a few questions, like "How much will these impede me?" and "When's lunch?", but she ignored every question I threw at her. When we got to the training grounds, she answered every question I had, as if she'd never ignored them, and some I hadn't ask yet, as if she knew I was going to ask. She asked me to put the shackles on and as soon as she asked, as if on command, they hopped onto my wrists, spawning a pair on my ankles as well. It didn't take long for my wrists and ankles to feel like they were going to be stuck together if I didn't resist. Unfortunately, I wasn't as strong as I'd hoped and both sets of shackles met, causing me to lose my balance partially and kneel, though I was able to stay upright without using my wrists as a platform.

I saw her take a combat position, appearing to prepare a boomerang toss, though I still took the time to get back up. She said I would be allowed the first move, so I thought it out. I could go in for a direct strike, but no doubt that she could block it and beat me easily. I could feint, but I'd have to be quick about it, and even then she would still likely see through that. I saw but one option. I reached to my hilt and drew my rapier. Holding it like I would if I had a greatsword, I looked at her for a moment before closing my eyes, trying to focus and center myself. It was with great difficulty, but very controlled focus, that I was able to get my feet far enough apart to walk somewhat normally. That's when it hit me. Don't attack. Learn to move under these circumstances, then plan accordingly. I let go of my rapier with one hand, and tried to make some amount of space between them. I only saw a vague hint of blue in between the cuffs before my arms were too strained to try pushing further. Looking over at Rena again, I figured I couldn't stall much longer. She seemed rather impatient, though possibly approving of what my technique for dealing with impeded strength was. Knowing full well that no strikes would net me an exclusive success, I hobbled over to Rena and attempted to butt her arm with the hilt of my rapier.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:50 am

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
Rena didn't move as he went about figuring out how to adjust to the shackles and their restrictive nature, just as she promised. Instead she just watched him and smirked a tiny bit when he started to get the general gist of what was being done to him. He made it look like he was about to try and start attacking but stopped for a moment and fiddled around to progress the ability to move around. She certainly was glad he was taking the time to figure out how to move because as the spar went on it would be harder and harder to put forth the effort needed to move normally just because he would have less energy and strength remaining to do it with.

He did finally manage to start hobbling over to her though and tried to strike at her with the butt of his zanpaktou, which was apparently a Rapier as she hadn't gotten a good look at it during the fight with Accelerator last time, and just moved her oversized Rang weapon around by pivoting it's position with her hand so that he smacked that instead.

"It didn't take you long to figure out what needed to be done. But it looks like you are going to need more time to get used to it. This is training so don't expect that I'll go out of my way to put you down. That wouldn't do anyone any good. Keep trying to find ways to move and fight and I'll just respond to whatever you can throw at me."

She didn't feel like trying to go on the offense for a second reason, one she loathed to admit, this was serving as her physical rehabilitation. Her body was trying to overcompensate for her lost limb and missing eye and the fourth division couldn't figure out why and how to soothe it. So they suggested she stick with light sparring and no missions to figure out what was going on.

Despite her eye being gone..she could almost feel energy build up within her remaining eye.. It made everything more clear...and even seemed to give her depth perception which it alone shouldn't be able to do.. but it was giving her a slight headache and her arm felt AMAZING..even more so than was normal for her..So she was not willing to risk testing her physical strength. which was already higher than normal, in fear she might over do it and damage her arm..

But these fears and changes needed to be addressed at some point. She couldn't just hold herself back out of fear and worry forever. She'd have to test her limitations at some point.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:46 am

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

To my surprise, when I went in for my joke of an attack, she didn't completely punish me for pulling off such a weak move. In fact, she actually seemed pleased with my methods. She confirmed this by saying, "It didn't take you long to figure out what needed to be done. But it looks like you are going to need more time to get used to it. This is training so don't expect that I'll go out of my way to put you down. That wouldn't do anyone any good. Keep trying to find ways to move and fight and I'll just respond to whatever you can throw at me." So I did as she instructed, and kept trying to move around. I figured at some point, I'd be able to move with no resistance needed. As for right now? I had trouble even maintaining a stable stance. I decided I'd try something a little different. I closed my eyes to concentrate again, but this time, I tried to look for any trace of my reiatsu. It felt heavily supressed, as if the shackles had an immense spiritual pressure of their own. Maybe that was the point of this exercise, to resist another's spiritual pressure. I tried to resist it by making the flow of my reiatsu more efficient and stronger. It didn't make the linked shackles drop, but I felt a notable difference in my stance. I was able to move with a bit more freedom and as a result, I re-adjusted my stance.

With my eyes still closed, I put my left foot forward, my right foot slightly behind it, and made my arms in a similar fashion, my left hand was atop my rapier, and my right hand prepared a stabbing gesture, intentionally aiming for the white of her boomerang. I felt odd when that last thought passed through my head. I shouldn't be able to see, but in a sense.... I can. All I 'saw' was the vague essence in front of me that was Rena's spiritual pressure. It was partially obscured by a large object, that I assumed was her boomerang. Before I made my strike, I shifted my rapier a few degrees to the right, aiming for the space to the left of her head, hoping to hit the air. It took a great difficulty to move my arm initially, but once I got through the initial force, the momentum helped carry it through, and with that thought out of my head, I thrust my rapier to her immediate left, with a solid, straight strike.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 am

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
She just observed him, still keeping her grip on what essentially was a curved tower shield meant for throwing, and grinned as he seemed to progress into something she herself couldn't do, but she recognized from her Academy days of others doing it, sight without sight. Spiritual tracking. His concentration on it seemed to make him figure out how to move a bit more easily as well as he took his time and formed a proper stance before making a thrust strike to the side of her head. With her left eye, still feeling that odd energy, she didn't have to think about gauging it's depth or trajectory. It was so odd. Almost as if it didn't matter anymore that her right eye was gone. This allowed her to know where he was attacking and not move as to interrupt him or cause him to accidentally graze her.

"Good." She commented after he made that thrust and it caused her hair to flow a bit in it's new pony-tail style. She was still maintaining her defensive stance as she started their training session with, more for helping along her physical testing than any real need for it, but loosened slightly a moment later. Her legs weren't in any discomfort and her arm, despite holding the large bone boomerang, didn't seem to care about the weight of the bulky item at all, "Since you seem able to move somewhat. Why don't we get started then. instead of missing me on purpose. Try actually fighting me now. The struggle will make things annoying, but this is an endurance and skill building exercise. It's supposed to be that way"

After giving him time to acknowledge what she said and prepare himself she made her move. She twisted her wrist and flung her arm out as she swung the boomerang out to struck him with it as if it was a sword in her hand or a hammer or something. If he blocked her, or dodged her, she could pull her arm back in to bring the boomerang back near her body using her strength and then step forward with her right side first as she tried to shoulder bash into him using the Boomerang as a shield bashing similar weapon.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:12 am

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

As my strike hit precisely where I meant it to, she didn't flinch. Only her hair danced in the path of my silver rapier, and as it came to rest, she applauded me, telling me that it was time to begin actual training. With the thought in mind that it was going to become a whole lot more difficult from here on out, he nodded, before realizing that she was already preparing a swing with her boomerang. I took a moment to judge the path of the boomerang and decided to block with my rapier horizontally, taking the full brunt of the blow, but keeping a stable stance so as to disperse the force as much as possible.

Amazingly enough, I kept upright as she finished swinging, but slid back several feet. The only thing I could do was keep moving because I knew if I stopped, I wasn't going to last much longer. So I kicked up with my left foot, driving myself forward for a precision strike aimed at her waist.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:07 am

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
She continued with her initial shield/shoulder charge as he blocked her blow and in doing so blocked his next one as he struck towards her waist only for a bone boomerang to already be in place. She shoved him backwards using her momentum and his own, to attempt, to knock him off his feet and onto his back with said shove motion. She then fully tossed the Boomerang as it was intended vertically so that it tore up the ground a bit on it's path towards him. It was not a Zanpaktou, it wasn't even metal, but as it was made from the bones of a hollow it was very durable. While he could probably with some effort knock it off it's course he most likely wouldn't break it in one try.

She hadn't worried about it returning though, even if he dodged it entirely it would just fall to the ground and stick there on it's own. She had already drawn her secondary weapon, her Bakkoutou, a blade that was almost like a Zanpaktou just with all of it's powers permanently sealed. It would allow her to use it to train and fight without her spiritual power getting involved like it would with her Zanpaktou, which was on her back in it's sheathe.

She took a kendo stance with her blade, which looked slightly odd because of the whole one arm thing and waited for Noziel to do something else. She didn't want to be on the attack too much because he was already being bogged down by those shackles. So she'd let him lead the next bout of combat.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:30 am

8th Division
8th Division
~ Noziel Aran ~

As expected, she parried my strike with the boomerang. And as my rapier's point hit it, I realized something that had been haunting me for the entire session. The material of the boomerang wasn't anything I'd seen a weapon made from before. It almost make a loud *thunk* sound whenever I hit it. I shrugged off the idea as I didn't have time to process the rest of it.

She shoved me backwards when I wasn't expecting it, pushing all the momentum I'd built up to do so, and I fell onto my back. She apparently followed it up with a vertical toss, because I could feel the vibrations of her white weapon carving a path into the training field. I rolled to the side to attempt to get out of the way, and in doing so, tried to get back up, though with a fair amount of strain. I looked over to her posing in a semi-awkward stance, a short blade of hers in hand. I chuckled a bit and smiled because now I could actually fight her, instead of trying to poke through a shield. Finally upright, I felt a little faster than before as I charged her aiming for her shoulder, though if she tried to block it, I'd pull away at the first sign of movement and attempt to disarm her by smacking the flat of her blade.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:56 am

Cero Espada
Cero Espada
She continued waiting and watched him as he rolled out of the way of her weapon and got up, though he had to exert a bit to do so, and grinned as he came at her with some means of renewed vigor. He probably thought that she'd be easier to fight without the bulky boomerang acting as a shield. She went to parry his strike but he pulled back and smacked the weapon out of her hand by striking the flat of the blade, now Rena, who's skills in Zanjutsu were not master level by any stretch of the imagination, did indeed get disarmed.

But she shifted her body and kicked the weapon with her foot bouncing it back up into the air where she jumped up flipping over Noziel and catching the weapon before placing it near his neck and playfully tapping his cheek with the flat of the blade. He had disarmed her yes. But her Hand to hand combat mixed with her martial arts more than made up for her Zanjutsu being crappy. She then shifted the Bakkoutou, trying to slam it's pommel into the back of his head all of a sudden with the blade mostly pointed towards her but off to the left of her so that there was no way for her to "accidentally" stab herself.

"Come on now.. Do give me a little credit Noziel. I didn't raise through the ranks so quickly at such a young age for no reason now.." She said as she playfully mocked him hoping to spur him into another set of motions and maneuvers and possibly more attacks. She didn't want him to get mad and upset with her but she did want him to at least work as hard as he could. This would, hopefully, aid in that endeavor.

View user profile
#11Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum