Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
An alternative universe Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account now!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

#11 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:33 am

Erida Seika

Shinigami
Shinigami
Okay, so I'm obviously down for continuation of the site. I've been here since forever, it seems, and I'd hate to see Bleach Story hit it's end now, even though we kinda did kick the bucket a while before Udarsha had to work with the skin, but it wouldn't be the first time, that such a thing was exactly what the site needed to revitalize itself. It wasn't as if no one was logging in - it was that no one was doing anything. I am not pleading 'not guilty', since I was an admin prior to the site getting temporarily closed, but I did, as did Izuna, announce, that we would be less active on the following weeks due to real life and school. None of the staff did anything to further the goals we had set before our leave of absence, nor did any member roleplay during that time.

So, the question, that we should be asking, isn't whenever members will stick around. We should ask, whenever there is people willing to be active and participate in the discussion of what is going to happen next for real. And please, everyone, the word participate doesn't stand for sheepishly answering yes or no according to what most people are saying, to a question, that cannot even be answered in such way. Because, let's face it, that's what has been wrong with the site for a long time. No one giving their opinions to the public to consider, or alternatively, when given, they have been abruptly crushed. If people really want this site to survive, why won't we just be honest about what we want?

I'll start.

I want a system, that is fair to everyone - where power doesn't gather to a single body, where everyone has a voice, where we all form a community, that is ruled by the people comprising that community, not by a narrow elite. I like guidelines, I like security - the system should offer me a direction to follow, build foundations for my roleplay experience and I should be able to rely on it, when I feel like I am treated unfairly. I want to have creative freedom in frames, that are clearly defined.

I also love detail, especially in terms of plot. I'd love the plot to be a premise, a starting point and a direction, from where it is developed by those participating in it - beings of importance could be roleplayed by those selected to play them, but the course of plot would be up to the efforts of active members in the final hand. I love background, history, lore, and I honestly think, that having tons of description on the setting of the reality acting as the playground of us players will make that experience even more rich.

I honestly think, that Duquin is making valid points, and I honestly think, that the site was most fun for everyone (if not most active), when he established a democratic system, where every member could have a say in things that before that were matters of the administrators. Once he gave up control over how things unfolded, it worked out for a while, until we slowly demolished that system and gave birth to absolute power of administrators again.

Looking back at how I ran the site, I can't say I am happy. I didn't listen to what people wanted - I had a clear vision in my mind, and I was determined to see that vision done. In the end, the site had became dependent on the vision I shared with my co-admin and on our final word on everything - we had good intentions, an excellent idea, but it didn't work out, because we didn't play together with everyone else. My systems - the training system on the top, against which people revolted - didn't seem bad back then, and actually made sene, but now I see how dysfunctional they are, how they don't serve the members at all.

I'd support a system, where staff were chosen by the members, and where members still had direct or indirect influence over how things went - if pure democracy doesn't work, let's try indirect democracy. If staff members were actually individuals elected to power in order to serve as the manifestation of community's will, things could be better, especially if multiple perspectives were empowered to work together for solutions to problems.

That's my wish for the future of this site. Yours might differ, yours might be totally opposite, but that doesn't mean it has less weight than mine or it's not as good as mine. Please, do the site a favor and say something concrete, what you honestly want the site to be like.

Going back to Duquin and his precious advice, I totally agree on the application part, and partially to the training part. I would like to add, that we were also discussing about cutting down the template to a simpler one and removing everything unnecessary to make it less lengthy, before the site got temporarily closed.

For the training, I think we should implement the second method, but possibly guide the quantity/quality in direction of a certain minimum (ie. set some kind of standard other than a clear plot) - dividing something like a release or tier up for several threads would be wise as well. I think post/thread-based cool-downs should go in every way, that they are currently present in the site - we should establish a system based on units of time rather than posts, threads, weeks or months (ie. five second cooldown vs. one post cooldown for techniques).

Coins, I think, should be used to buy 'extra' techniques, 'extra' boosts, etc. I mean this in the sense of how the captains of Gotei 13 trained for their trump cards against the Sternritter after the loss of access to their bankais - off-screen. These would require a lot of coins, but would make it possible to achieve some things without having to train for them - it's not always fun, or even logical to train for something really minor. These could be explained by the plotkai moment typical for the genre.

That's not even all, but I think I'm going to let someone else also speak, before throwing in all crazy ideas I have.

View user profile

#12 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:53 am

Ika Mazi

Vizard
Vizard
So the site devolved last time after democracy? Sounds like that didn't work then. If you think a site where the prisoners run the asylum works out power to you. I'd point out the American model where we have Trump and Hillary as our primary options for president, but aye. Whatever you think works. You can't have a concrete standard when members get that involved in everything that happens, that's the simple fact of the matter because shit never quits changing at that point. The site stayed alive not because of the systems provided but because it was too big not to. We see how long that lasted. People don't want concrete guidelines, people want something set in place for them and to be told too have fun. You need guidelines, but very little set in stone towards anyone. The majority will agree on some things, but the dissent caused by it will piss some members off to the point of leaving.

Obviously my characters are righttttt there.
View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

#13 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:23 am

Noelle

Soul
Soul
I don't have anything to say, but that I'll be snooping around and adding a character or few perhaps~

I do feel that I have an interesting plot I could add to the site when it gets back up and running

View user profile

#14 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:22 pm

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

View user profile

#15 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Necrones Triarca wrote:You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Quote do post: 90147

I understood that reference.

George Carlin wrote:The public sucks. Fuck hope.

#16 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:36 am

Ika Mazi

Vizard
Vizard
Necrones Triarca wrote:You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Quote do post: 90147

This about sums things up for me xD

#17 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:37 am

Eh...I emailed to see what was going on but never got a response so I assumed you were simply quitting. Luckily I had a feeling that I should check back in today.

Regardless, before the mishap I was attempting to get interested members together to beta test a system that was being discussed in the staff section. After that I'd have set up a Q&A topic to facilitate the development of a crystal clear explanation. Then after that if members were interested it could be implemented.

Many steps in hopes that we can finally stop rebooting everything every other month. :urharaftw:

But anyways, the main idea was that characters gain tier, techs, abilities based on the number of threads they right. Each tier had a set amount of threads that must be completed before the next set of character facets could be developed. The threads must actually show the development of these facets before they are gained at the very end.

I must admit that I liked Luke's idea of a multiverse and would like to see that maintained. I think it would be awesome to have a partial canon storyline that is also partially original.

So far as "democracy" goes. My opinion on that is the same always. It's a flawed system. People vote based on what they know, regardless of how informed they actually are on anything. I do however like the idea of people have a say in how they're "governed". Then some people may get together to bully those they outnumber which in turn may impact the site's appeal to potential members, all for the benefit of the bullies. I think it's completely crazy to compare this RP to a prison even metaphorically. :urharaftw: Perhaps some kind of rotating shift could be devised based on activity and contributions to the site? Everyone could potentially have a shot at temporarily being staff?

View user profile

#18 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:50 am

Ika Mazi

Vizard
Vizard
But anyways, the main idea was that characters gain tier, techs, abilities based on the number of threads they right. Each tier had a set amount of threads that must be completed before the next set of character facets could be developed. The threads must actually show the development of these facets before they are gained at the very end.

I roleplay for fun, as do many people. Lots of people are not going to be willing to do 30 threads to get those types of powers. If you apply yourself in your app and reach a certain tier, you should get abilities and techs and releases afforded to you based on tier.

Forcing everyone to scratch and claw won't end well, you can make it an option sure, but making it required is a bit.. much.

I must admit that I liked Luke's idea of a multiverse and would like to see that maintained. I think it would be awesome to have a partial canon storyline that is also partially original.

Expand on what you mean by multiverse before I make a comment..

So far as "democracy" goes. My opinion on that is the same always. It's a flawed system. People vote based on what they know, regardless of how informed they actually are on anything. I do however like the idea of people have a say in how they're "governed". Then some people may get together to bully those they outnumber which in turn may impact the site's appeal to potential members, all for the benefit of the bullies. I think it's completely crazy to compare this RP to a prison even metaphorically. :urharaftw: Perhaps some kind of rotating shift could be devised based on activity and contributions to the site? Everyone could potentially have a shot at temporarily being staff?

You're right I certainly wouldn't want to compare it to prison, from the sounds of things it's a lot less work to sit in prison and twiddle your thumbs all day. Anyway, you just stated that Democracy is flawed.. So why the hell does everyone need a turn as staff? Staffs something that should be entrusted to someone by the owner, period, point blank. Members should have little say in that for more than obvious reasons. And to be fair I have better odds at becoming staff with a member vote, so this is in no way beneficial to me. But staff needs consistency. It needs to be a solid cohesive unit, not a muddled mess or a social experiment.

#19 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 am

Noelle

Soul
Soul
While the discussion of what to do is all fine and dandy. I do think that the site needs to work on getting a living and working populace back to get the site going before ideas are wasted on how to manage the site.

Id say to leave it up to discussion once the site is alive and well again and no longer on sick leave~

View user profile

#20 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:51 am

Ika Mazi

Vizard
Vizard
No members are gonna stay without something to do.

Then again no members want to stay period, and we don't seem to learn very well from history so..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum