Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

#1 Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:04 am

First off, for those who may be wondering why this site was closed down for a month or so, it's because the earlier theme had some huge coding problems with it, so I had to change it entirely for something new. I know I should have made an announcement about it before closing the site down, I apologize for not doing so and causing any inconvenience.

Alright, since thats out of the way, let's move on towards the main discussion.

How many of you are interested on the continuation of this site?

Because at the end of the day, a forum cannot run without its members. Also, if no one is intrested anymore I think it's pointless going forward with this site. I'd rather just shut it down for good.

So please do tell if you're interested or not. If you're interested; what kind of shape do you want to see this site take if easier systems are implemented? Like for an example; easier to get characters approved, easier to get things trained, easier to increase in rank OR tie rank increases into plot development, and etc.

Last edited by Wade Winston Castle on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

#2 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:12 am

Im down for the easier path. It'll definetly help get things moving much quicker. Ill also stick around for as long as I can and for as much timer as I can if you continue to move forward.

View user profile

#3 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:31 am

Tengen Uzuma wrote:Im down for the easier path. It'll definetly help get things moving much quicker. Ill also stick around for as long as I can and for as much timer as I can if you continue to move forward.
Quote do post: 90130

Indeed. Much more easier systems would get things rolling much more faster. Also glad that you're deciding to stay mate. Smile

Let's see what the others have to say.

#4 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:37 am

I don't care either way, but leave the site *up* so we can still read our old posts if we want to, just disable new posts or accounts or w/e you have to do.

View user profile

#5 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:16 pm

I don't really know tbh; I mean, I want to roleplay on here and stuff, but I'm kinda out of ideas for rp atm so as long as people want to rp, I don't mind .3. although tbh, the whole coins thing is a stupid idea, I mean, why train for all that time and go through all that effort if you still have to have enough coins to get that tier up or whatever

#6 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:00 am

I made suggestions for what kind of "easier system" changes there could be made. Please check the spoilers and comment on if you like or dislike the suggestions. If you dislike them, please also state what you would prefer instead.

Spoiler:
Character Apps: Instead of the current method of grading apps and applying tiers to a character, set a max starting tier and then apply a scaling amount of effort to the character history which will determine the final tier.

So for example, a history requires three core sections. A characters origins, their development, and their current status.

Origins - An overview of how the character was born and the initial upbringing they had. Min 100 words.

Development - An overview of the various arcs they've been through which lead to various increases in their power. Min 100 words per arc. Each arc covers a tiers increase in power.(If the max starting tier you want players entering into the plot is 2-3 then they would need at least three arcs mentioned in the history to get them through 5-X, 4-X, and 3-X.)

Current Status - An overview of where they character is currently at in life. A set up for their starting point IC. 100 word min.

That kind of approach means the most effort needed to get the max tier available would be 500 words for the history. The rest of the app can just be graded on if it meets the word counts and makes logical sense within the universe.

Training:

-Make the coins a replacement for word counts and allow people to do either rather than requiring they do both. So you can do a word count OR you can spend coins to get a new ability.

-Lower the training wordcounts and get rid of cool downs.

-Alternatively, you can get rid of wordcounts and cooldowns entirely and instead make a blanket method for training anything that is related to plot.

Complete a plot arc in order to train new abilities or increase your tier. A plot arc is defined by a series of connected threads that are all related to a single plot event. Each thread must be a minimum of X number of pages long in order to count towards the arcs thread total. The number of threads in your arc determine what you can train.

1 thread - New ability/technique/item/Sub Tier Increase for 5-X
2 threads - Initial release stage(Shikai, awakened fullbring etc.)/Sub Tier increase for 4-X through 3-X
3 threads - Final release stage(Bankai and such)/Sub-tier increase for 2-X
4 threads - So on and so forth, you get the idea. Ask members what they think is fair and go with the average.

Each thread in a plot arc that is being used towards training doesn't all have to be focused on the training 100%. If you want to use three threads to train you bankai, the first thread can just be you getting your ass beat by a powerful enemy, the second thread can be recovering and gaining new resolve, the third thread can be your actual training in which you achieve bankai. Then the player does a fourth thread where they confront the enemy who beat them down before and use it to unlock their first bankai technique which they use in battle to defeat said foe.

I think the second approach to training would be "better" because then you never really have to feel like you're grinding word counts. You're just telling a story with your character and your friends and gaining power along the way. BUT, I don't rp here so that's another thing to get the member opinions on. Some people might prefer to drop word counts and buy power with coins rather than do the training for it IC.

View user profile

#7 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:13 am

I generally like the site. Although I have not Roleplayed on the site what so ever, I had always planned to. Not the point. I'm willing to stay on the site if it stays up, let me reword this, I'm definitely going to be on the site if it stays up. In the end however, if the lack of people and activity should come about, and the site must be shut down, then I will accept it as a logical choice. I would do the same thing.

Duquin's Idea, I gotta say, is brilliant. If people join, I could see his idea as an easier way of getting around everything. As I'm pretty sure half the things on the site are either long or Bullshit.

If the site stays up, what do I want to see from it? Honestly at this current point in time, not sure! Most of what I would've implied to, has already be said by 'Duquin'.

So at this point I just wait and see if the site stays up, if not, then I look for another RP site.

View user profile

#8 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:12 pm

I say continue. But that's just me.

@Duquin wrote:I made suggestions for what kind of "easier system" changes there could be made. Please check the spoilers and comment on if you like or dislike the suggestions. If you dislike them, please also state what you would prefer instead.

Spoiler:
Character Apps: Instead of the current method of grading apps and applying tiers to a character, set a max starting tier and then apply a scaling amount of effort to the character history which will determine the final tier.

So for example, a history requires three core sections. A characters origins, their development, and their current status.

Origins - An overview of how the character was born and the initial upbringing they had. Min 100 words.

Development - An overview of the various arcs they've been through which lead to various increases in their power. Min 100 words per arc. Each arc covers a tiers increase in power.(If the max starting tier you want players entering into the plot is 2-3 then they would need at least three arcs mentioned in the history to get them through 5-X, 4-X, and 3-X.)

Current Status - An overview of where they character is currently at in life. A set up for their starting point IC. 100 word min.

That kind of approach means the most effort needed to get the max tier available would be 500 words for the history. The rest of the app can just be graded on if it meets the word counts and makes logical sense within the universe.

Training:

-Make the coins a replacement for word counts and allow people to do either rather than requiring they do both. So you can do a word count OR you can spend coins to get a new ability.

-Lower the training wordcounts and get rid of cool downs.

-Alternatively, you can get rid of wordcounts and cooldowns entirely and instead make a blanket method for training anything that is related to plot.

Complete a plot arc in order to train new abilities or increase your tier. A plot arc is defined by a series of connected threads that are all related to a single plot event. Each thread must be a minimum of X number of pages long in order to count towards the arcs thread total. The number of threads in your arc determine what you can train.

1 thread - New ability/technique/item/Sub Tier Increase for 5-X
2 threads - Initial release stage(Shikai, awakened fullbring etc.)/Sub Tier increase for 4-X through 3-X
3 threads - Final release stage(Bankai and such)/Sub-tier increase for 2-X
4 threads - So on and so forth, you get the idea. Ask members what they think is fair and go with the average.

Each thread in a plot arc that is being used towards training doesn't all have to be focused on the training 100%. If you want to use three threads to train you bankai, the first thread can just be you getting your ass beat by a powerful enemy, the second thread can be recovering and gaining new resolve, the third thread can be your actual training in which you achieve bankai. Then the player does a fourth thread where they confront the enemy who beat them down before and use it to unlock their first bankai technique which they use in battle to defeat said foe.

I think the second approach to training would be "better" because then you never really have to feel like you're grinding word counts. You're just telling a story with your character and your friends and gaining power along the way. BUT, I don't rp here so that's another thing to get the member opinions on. Some people might prefer to drop word counts and buy power with coins rather than do the training for it IC.
Quote do post: 90136

I like this idea very much.

View user profile

#9 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm into filling positions first, and providing incentives for people to join through granted ranks. If someone's a quality RPer they shouldn't have to start over or start capped for fairness. Not everyone has the time to build a character from the ground up, doesn't mean they're not worthy of a powerful character.

#10 Re: Attention all Bleach Story RPG members! on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Just for the record, capping tiers isn't for fairness, it's to leave room for growth and development. The cap I mentioned in my suggestion was just an arbitrary one randomly thrown out off the top of my head. Where you put the cap should be dependant on the opinion of the few remaining members and be driven on what kind of plot starting point they want.

The point of these changes aren't to make the site popular and get new members to join. It's to make things fun and accessible for the remaining members.

I hear you're making your own bleach site Jeff. Quit nay saying here and go focus on your own site.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum