Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
An alternative universe Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account now!

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1 Site Status Update? on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Duquin

Soul
Soul
So, the site was locked down a short while ago, now I see that it's opened up again. But I don't see any announcements on why the site went down or what kind of changes were made while it was down.

Did I just check in on the first day it's been opened up by chance and such announcements have been made yet? Or is something else going on here? I'd appreciate it if someone could fill me in as to what's up.

P.S. Private Messaging seems to be disabled atm.

View user profile

#2 Re: Site Status Update? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:39 am

Duquin

Soul
Soul
Your name isn't familiar, what would I know you by?

Do you know exactly what happened that caused this in the first place? I'm way out of the loop.

View user profile

#3 Re: Site Status Update? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:17 pm

@Duquin wrote:So, the site was locked down a short while ago, now I see that it's opened up again. But I don't see any announcements on why the site went down or what kind of changes were made while it was down.

Did I just check in on the first day it's been opened up by chance and such announcements have been made yet? Or is something else going on here? I'd appreciate it if someone could fill me in as to what's up.

P.S. Private Messaging seems to be disabled atm.
Quote do post: 90119

IKnowAll wrote:Didn't even know you were still around Duquin. I don't actually think there is any intention of updating the site. If there were, I doubt it would be this secretive. They've lost a lot of their core membership already due to this.
Quote do post: 90120

Yes, the site re-opened yesterday. Yes, the site was closed down for a month or so.

No updates, to be honest. I had to change the entire earlier theme due to some bugs and coding problems in it. So that's why I closed down the site.

As for if people are still interested on the continuation of this site, I honestly can't tell.

IKnowAll is Ika/Jeff.

George Carlin wrote:The public sucks. Fuck hope.

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

#4 Re: Site Status Update? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Duquin

Soul
Soul
That being Jeff explains a lot. Who might you be and what are your plans moving forward if people ARE interested in continuing the site?

View user profile

#5 Re: Site Status Update? on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Duquin

Soul
Soul
Just for the record, don't appoint anything to me. I'm just here to give advice if it's wanted.

I will point out the sad but undeniable truth that with the bleach manga over, there isn't likely to be any spikes of new members any time soon. Not without the bleach anime coming back or a VERY alluring advertisement campaign.

I think the site has a choice between making another hard push at being popular with more members, or changing the systems to support the smaller member base.

Hard Push: Like I said above, a very enticing advertisement campaign is about the only way you're gonna have a chance to pull in a wave of new members. But before doing said campaign there will need to be some current members who get active enough to show the site isn't fully dead. If that can't be done, then the site IS dead.

This option isn't likely to have a lot of success based on the current state of both the forum and the bleach rp market. But I'd say it's worth TRYING at the very least.

Small Scale Focus: This option is to recognize that the current training systems are set up for a moderately active forum in mind. The training cooldowns and multi-page thread requirements are all there to discourage a random person with time on their hands power leveling other players into obscurity.

If your active player base is only 4 people, then take power grabbing out of the equation and just make power progression go hand in hand with plot progression. Make growth more accessible with less strict systems governing it and just have fun.

I'm down to discuss more. But I'm not coming back to rp here to actually help make any of this happen. That work is on you guys.

:urharaftw:

View user profile

#6 Re: Site Status Update? on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:10 am

@Duq: I'm Udarsha/Ichigo.

I think a small scale push would work. Because the advertising aspect of the hard scale push is not worth it, IMO. Trust me. I've advertised this site a lot on other sites, and no such luck has come out of it. If we're lucky we may get 1-3 members and that's about it. Also it's not a guarantee if those members would stay active.

I think the only way this site could get a mass amount of new members is by payed advertisements. Like paying Facebook, Google or Reddit to display the site advertisement.

#7 Re: Site Status Update? on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:32 am

Duquin

Soul
Soul
I've done paid adverts on facebook for a site before. The way facebook's advert algorithms work makes it definately not worth it unless you're dropping $1000+ into the ordeal. Not sure about the other mediums.

Since you'd rather look towards a smaller scale focus approach:

You should probably start by doing an announcement calling for members to express what kind of shape they'd like to see the forum take if systems were made less strict(Easier to get characters approved, easier to get things trained, easier to increase in rank OR tie rank increases into plot development. I can talk about ideas on how to do that if you'd like.)

Then send out a mass email to all members via the admin account letting everyone know the site is open again and looking to change it's approach to focus on appealing to the smaller group.

Get the announcement/discussion thread up first and link it in the email. That's probably your best bet for getting some more life out of the site. I wish I had more promising suggestions, sadly the landscape of bleach rp is dry as a desert.

P.S. PMs are still disabled v.v

View user profile

#8 Re: Site Status Update? on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:47 am

@Duquin wrote:I've done paid adverts on facebook for a site before. The way facebook's advert algorithms work makes it definately not worth it unless you're dropping $1000+ into the ordeal. Not sure about the other mediums.

Since you'd rather look towards a smaller scale focus approach:

You should probably start by doing an announcement calling for members to express what kind of shape they'd like to see the forum take if systems were made less strict(Easier to get characters approved, easier to get things trained, easier to increase in rank OR tie rank increases into plot development. I can talk about ideas on how to do that if you'd like.)

Then send out a mass email to all members via the admin account letting everyone know the site is open again and looking to change it's approach to focus on appealing to the smaller group.

Get the announcement/discussion thread up first and link it in the email. That's probably your best bet for getting some more life out of the site. I wish I had more promising suggestions, sadly the landscape of bleach rp is dry as a desert.

P.S. PMs are still disabled v.v
Quote do post: 90127

PMs are back on.

Here's the thread;
http://www.bleachstory.net/t7743-attention-all-bleach-story-rpg-members#90129

What ideas do you have mate?

#9 Re: Site Status Update? on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:55 am

Duquin

Soul
Soul
Character Apps: Instead of the current method of grading apps and applying tiers to a character, set a max starting tier and then apply a scaling amount of effort to the character history which will determine the final tier.

So for example, a history requires three core sections. A characters origins, their development, and their current status.

Origins - An overview of how the character was born and the initial upbringing they had. Min 100 words.

Development - An overview of the various arcs they've been through which lead to various increases in their power. Min 100 words per arc. Each arc covers a tiers increase in power.(If the max starting tier you want players entering into the plot is 2-3 then they would need at least three arcs mentioned in the history to get them through 5-X, 4-X, and 3-X.)

Current Status - An overview of where they character is currently at in life. A set up for their starting point IC. 100 word min.

That kind of approach means the most effort needed to get the max tier available would be 500 words for the history. The rest of the app can just be graded on if it meets the word counts and makes logical sense within the universe.

Training:

-Make the coins a replacement for word counts and allow people to do either rather than requiring they do both. So you can do a word count OR you can spend coins to get a new ability.

-Lower the training wordcounts and get rid of cool downs.

-Alternatively, you can get rid of wordcounts and cooldowns entirely and instead make a blanket method for training anything that is related to plot.

Complete a plot arc in order to train new abilities or increase your tier. A plot arc is defined by a series of connected threads that are all related to a single plot event. Each thread must be a minimum of X number of pages long in order to count towards the arcs thread total. The number of threads in your arc determine what you can train.

1 thread - New ability/technique/item/Sub Tier Increase for 5-X
2 threads - Initial release stage(Shikai, awakened fullbring etc.)/Sub Tier increase for 4-X through 3-X
3 threads - Final release stage(Bankai and such)/Sub-tier increase for 2-X
4 threads - So on and so forth, you get the idea. Ask members what they think is fair and go with the average.

Each thread in a plot arc that is being used towards training doesn't all have to be focused on the training 100%. If you want to use three threads to train you bankai, the first thread can just be you getting your ass beat by a powerful enemy, the second thread can be recovering and gaining new resolve, the third thread can be your actual training in which you achieve bankai. Then the player does a fourth thread where they confront the enemy who beat them down before and use it to unlock their first bankai technique which they use in battle to defeat said foe.

I think the second approach to training would be "better" because then you never really have to feel like you're grinding word counts. You're just telling a story with your character and your friends and gaining power along the way. BUT, I don't rp here so that's another thing to get the member opinions on. Some people might prefer to drop word counts and buy power with coins rather than do the training for it IC.

View user profile

#10 Re: Site Status Update? on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:11 pm

Ika Mazi

Vizard
Vizard
Oh fuck this again.. History shows that people don't like being capped initially. If I've got 500 posts here I'm not gonna go for being capped the same way everyone else is. Nor are most people, you may get some of the members back that way, the ones that would stay if the site were literally the worst RP of all times, but the fact is that people like power. Though it's true people may try to abuse power occasionally, it is not true to the point where they need capped. Just leave it to admin discretion. I won't rehash the same tired old arguments we've had before. I'll just leave it at that. This idea that someone's going to stay to develop a character versus going to a casual site where if they're good enough they can have a veteran captain quality character is asinine. But what do I know. You know where to reach me if you need to, Udar. And in all seriousness best of luck regardless.

Obviously my characters are righttttt there.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum