Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favorite mythology out of the following? [10vote ]

• Greek / Roman

220%
  • Norse

220%
  • Celtic

00%
  • Indian

110%
  • Egyptian

220%
  • African

110%
  • Mesoamerican

220%
  • Finnish

00%
  • Korean

00%

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1 What is your favorite mythology? on Sat May 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Okay, so here's a global, site-wide poll. I am not telling what this is about, not yet, but your vote will hold a great value to the staff - so, this is why voting for your favorite(s) and posting below for it to count is mandatory for all active members. The poll will be open for a week, but please post on it as soon as you can. When you post your vote on this thread, you could also name a few of your favorite gods out of that pantheon. You can also choose multiple pantheons, but please keep the number of your favorites low.

Let the election begin.

Last edited by Erida Seika on Sat May 21, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

#2 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Sat May 21, 2016 2:24 pm

I voted for Hindu and Greek pantheons. My favorite gods from Hindu religion are probably Vishnu and Shiva. My favorite gods from Greek pantheon are Hera, Poseidon and Aphrodite.

See, this is easy. Just follow my example.

View user profile

#3 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Sat May 21, 2016 3:22 pm

I vote for the Egyptian and Greek-Roman Pantheons. From the Egyptian Pantheon my favourite deities are Thoth (God of Wisdom) and Osiris (God of the Dead and King of the Underworld). My favourites from the Greek-Roman Pantheon are Aphrodite/Venus (Goddess of Love, Desire, Fertility), Athena/Minerva (Goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategy) and last but not least Apollo/Phoebus (God of the Sun and Medicine).

View user profile

#4 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Sun May 22, 2016 1:50 am

I like a lot of te West and East African mythology. In terms of propagating power I love seeing how gods of formerly subjugated people conquer gods of the formerly dominant people when revolution occurred in the ancient world. For example, the Nubian warrior god Apedemak rising to a level of power higher than Osiris, king of Egyptian gods when Nubia reclaimed its land from the Egyptian empire.

Mythology is often a reflection of a society's power structure. The western world's current Christian mythology is an interesting one when we consider this. Even though it's heavily based on East African mythology it's function has reshaped its form so that it can better serve to propagate western ideals and power. doyoureallywanttokno

View user profile

#5 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Sun May 22, 2016 2:24 am

Ah...just realized that you were using this for a subplot/plot thing and not just for the heck of it. :urharaftw:

View user profile

#6 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Sun May 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Bumping this to repeat myself. Post on the thread once you've voted, to confirm your vote.

Who voted for Mesoamerican and Norse gods? (Please show yourself.)

Also, @Izuna Kimura needs to cast his vote. You posted, but did not vote on the poll :urharaftw:

View user profile

#7 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Sun May 22, 2016 11:08 pm

I voted for Meso-American and African and African....cause it let me vote for both. :ohi see :

View user profile

#8 Re: What is your favorite mythology? on Mon May 23, 2016 7:03 pm

I chose mayan, and Eqyptian. As for fav gods. Mayan includes; chaac, Ah puch, and kukulkan. Egyptian Includes; Geb, Neith, Anubis.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum