Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#11 Re: I have many questions about my character on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:27 pm

@Masa Akihiko wrote:Alright, next question. How secretive am I allowed to be in terms of character ability development? For example, if I want to start out with a character that is a spiritually aware human who ascends to the rank of shinigami, do I need to reveal what his powers will be beforehand? Am I allowed to have powers revealed in character only? I know that powers must be approved, but can I have them approved secretly?

As Luke said, you technically can and technically cannot. Zanpakuto can definitely developed later on, but personal abilities should be started out with, as they are something the character is (re)born with or something obtained through very special circumstances, ie. becoming a substitute shinigami. And no, you cannot just spontaneously develop powers in a thread, if the opposing player is not aware of them / agree with them - IC, the powers will always be a secret to an opponent (given you've not told about your power to them yet) and your own power can be even a mystery to you. However, OOC, these abilities/powers should be known to all participants of a thread, before a battle ensues. With NPCs, we make exceptions to this if there is little to no techniques in their NPC profiles, but with original characters we do not. So, if you have a power/technique in mind, please register it along with your character - if you do not have anything in mind, you're free to register them later on. However, you cannot use the said power until you've gotten it approved.

I hope this helped Smile

View user profile

#12 Re: I have many questions about my character on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:58 pm

You have all be beyond helpful. I'm going to get started on my character. As a heads up, I may eventually come up with more questions as I'm creating him.

View user profile

#13 Re: I have many questions about my character on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:30 am

your very welcome Smile and of course, if you need help at any time, don't be afraid to post here or to pm any of the staff, we are more then happy to help you Smile

#14 Re: I have many questions about my character on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:41 am

With the addition of the aging guide I want to know whether or not it's even possible for my character to have a higher tier ranking if they are young. I suppose I am also confused about whether my character can have a higher tier ranking if they don't start off as a fighter. If they are only capable of healing can they start off with vice captain level tier ranking?

View user profile

#15 Re: I have many questions about my character on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:48 am

@Masa Akihiko wrote:With the addition of the aging guide I want to know whether or not it's even possible for my character to have a higher tier ranking if they are young. I suppose I am also confused about whether my character can have a higher tier ranking if they don't start off as a fighter. If they are only capable of healing can they start off with vice captain level tier ranking?
Quote do post: 88605

It is possible, I believe its more with quality instead of quanity if that makes sense, so let's say your character (in shinigami terms) is 200 years old, which for them, is about the same as a young adult, which as you said, doesn't necessarily give you a lot to write about, but, in this case, instead of thinking of quanity (years) think about the quality (what your character does in those years from start to finish). and yes, your character can have a higher rank, even if they don't start as a fighter, Mei was a third seat's level (tier 3-3) and she hasn't fought once as its against her character to do so and yes, you can as long as your app can match the app granding standards for lieutenant level shinigami (tier 3-2 to 3-1)

hope this helps Smile

#16 Re: I have many questions about my character on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:07 pm

@Masa Akihiko wrote:With the addition of the aging guide I want to know whether or not it's even possible for my character to have a higher tier ranking if they are young. I suppose I am also confused about whether my character can have a higher tier ranking if they don't start off as a fighter. If they are only capable of healing can they start off with vice captain level tier ranking?

Hey, I am the birth mother of the Aging Guide, and I am so grateful, that someone has already read it! To answer your question, the guide is meant for the players to get a basic idea of how old character is reasonable and realistic, and it has a lot of versatility because of different factors specified. For example, Hitsugaya was able to be a captain at 100-150 years of age, because of he was a prodigy - because of his massive spiritual pressure, he would also mature less quickly than an average shinigami. Abilities like immortality and even large knowledge of healing kido (which is not a real ability nor a technique) will naturally stunt your aging. Basically, the system's purpose is to ease our work by letting you know, that without a good explanation, your character cannot be 3,000 years old and not look like Yamamoto.

And no, you wouldn't have to be a fighter, but the stronger you are the more versatile your combat prowess would be. Lower tiers will have a single focus in their expertise, while the stronger you get, the more developed other areas would be expected to be - see Renji for example; when he was younger, he had a strict focus in swordmanship, but as a lieutenant, he had developed some skill in Kido as well! This is not yet a rule on your site, but healers of Division 4 and warriors of Division 11 have different ranking in canon, when compared to other divisions. For example, Yumichika, a fifth seated officer, who was considered worth of third seat in his own squad, was actually a junior lieutenant-level combatant (3-3) and Ikkaku, a third seat, was nearly on the level of a captain (3-1). The reverse goes for Division 4; the lieutenant of Division 4 has an inferior physical ability, when compared to other lieutenants, like Renji, Rukia or Matsumoto. Likewise a third seated officer would be of a lesser rank, if he was on another division.

I hope this helps.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum