Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
An alternative universe Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account now!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1 I have many questions about my character on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:32 am

1-Am I allowed to have a living human who can become a shinigami at will by leaving his body? 2-Am I allowed to have a dual zanpakuto or is that rarely permitted for special members? 3-Am I allowed to have a zanpakuto that isn't a typical elemental or hack and slash; can my zanpakuto be based on a conceptual model for communications theory? Depending on the answers to many of these questions I may eventually devise more questions.

View user profile

#2 Re: I have many questions about my character on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:43 am

Kuroi

2nd Division
2nd Division
Okay to begin, Substitute Shinigami's are allowed I believe Dre is one and as far as I am aware there isn't a limit/ban on it. Dual zanpakutou are not blocked yet they can't be two completely zanpakutou spirits. Also can you explain your zanpakutou ability in further detail? I am in that field and instead am studying physics, chemistry in college so more detail would be appreciated.

View user profile

#3 Re: I have many questions about my character on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:13 am

Erida Seika

Shinigami
Shinigami
@Masa Akihiko wrote:1-Am I allowed to have a living human who can become a shinigami at will by leaving his body? 2-Am I allowed to have a dual zanpakuto or is that rarely permitted for special members? 3-Am I allowed to have a zanpakuto that isn't a typical elemental or hack and slash; can my zanpakuto be based on a conceptual model for communications theory? Depending on the answers to many of these questions I may eventually devise more questions.

1 - Substitute Shinigami are allowed, but there has been various interpretations of the concept on site. As long as you are aware of the mechanics of being one, and that real shinigami will likely hunt a living substitute down as they are considered 'unnatural'. However, there is one example of a human, who stabbed herself and absorbed a shinigami's power to her own soul - she died from the injury of stabbing herself, but bypassed the soul transmigration process by becoming a full shinigami. She was seen as more 'natural' shinigami and allowed in Soul Society. However, shinigami like Ichigo will be discriminated against and their creators will be considered traitors; keep this in mind when creating one. They could, in theory, be affiliated with Gotei 13, but that has to be fleshed out first.

2 - A dual-zanpakuto is a term referring to the zanpakuto type, that was made popular by Shunsui and Ukitake. You have two physical zanpakuto and two zanpakuto spirits; however, you cannot have two different zanpakuto, as they have to be connected to each other, but it's common that the other sword has a special ability while the other has a different one. Any zanpakuto has maximum of two elements associated with it. So, you can have a zanpakuto with two spirits with a similar power, but not two separate zanpakuto with entirely different powers. Also, you shouldn't be able to become a visored, as three species hybrids are not allowed; substitute shinigami is already a human/shinigami.

3 - YES YES YES!!!! It's very desirable and admirable that you do not make a pyrokinetic zanpakuto, or a large sword that shoots Getsuga Tensho, but something creative of your own making. Zanpakuto doesn't have to be offensive either. If you have, you're free to use them, as long as they fit to the universe.

I can answer additional questions, if needed.

View user profile

#4 Re: I have many questions about my character on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:41 pm

I think they've pretty much answered your questions, but I would like to offer my assistance with your zanpakuto as I'm the self proclaimed best zanpakuto maker here ^^ #don'tsueme

But I helped a lot of people make their blades here, including the last subsitute shinigami we had on the site, Sangatsu, which I still believe I have her blade here since she left before it was finished ^^;

But yeah, I'm interested to hear how your zanpakuto will work as I've never heard of communication theory, but, forgive me if I'm wrong, sounds very interesting, although it doesn't sound like a combat zanpakuto, it still sounds very powerful when used correctly, so I'm interested to hear what this can do Smile

also, Hi again, Masa Smile

#5 Re: I have many questions about my character on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:27 am

I think I'll stick with this site. I just have a few more questions. How much are you sticking to mechanics and in what regards? I see that kido can be created here, but in Bleach Tite Kubo never explained how kido are formulated. Can you clarify how you determine what creative avenues align with Bleach mechanics and which ones don't? Those first two questions should likely be answered together along with the context I mentioned as an example. More questions will likely follow.

View user profile

#6 Re: I have many questions about my character on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:56 am

@Masa Akihiko wrote:I think I'll stick with this site. I just have a few more questions. How much are you sticking to mechanics and in what regards? I see that kido can be created here, but in Bleach Tite Kubo never explained how kido are formulated. Can you clarify how you determine what creative avenues align with Bleach mechanics and which ones don't? Those first two questions should likely be answered together along with the context I mentioned as an example. More questions will likely follow.
Quote do post: 88386

Well, the best way that I can explained it is "we use cannon mechanics within the alternate universe", meaning that anything you've seen from the anime/manga will exist within the alt universe in regards to items, kido and so on. Just no cannon characters exist within the alternate universe, its as if none of them existed. Although now, due to the trans dimensional gate, we can now have both cannon and alternate characters in different dimensions, but at times, be able to cross over into each other's universes.

I'm not sure I can give a full answer to what your asking about kido in regards to bleach mechanics, but I wouldn't worry about the how and here, if something is missing that the anime/manga has left out, we create it ourselves like the kido list I made; even though the list isn't finished, others can add to it and make it part of the official numbered kido we have on site. As to how specifically you make your own kido, that can be up to you to discover, for me, my custom kidos are created by Luke's inner hollow messing with the kido and infecting it with his own spiritual energy, changing it. You can come up with anyway from tampering with the kido's power output, trying to splice difference kidos together or even just changing the color of your Byakurai from blue to purple with pink podadots, its really up to you and if there is any problem, we'll let you know, but it would be easier to see a written example along with your question, a example being you write out a test kido here to show us what you mean ^^

#7 Re: I have many questions about my character on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:16 pm

Erida Seika

Shinigami
Shinigami
Fauna Yasenha wrote:Well, the best way that I can explained it is "we use cannon mechanics within the alternate universe", meaning that anything you've seen from the anime/manga will exist within the alt universe in regards to items, kido and so on. Just no cannon characters exist within the alternate universe, its as if none of them existed. Although now, due to the trans dimensional gate, we can now have both cannon and alternate characters in different dimensions, but at times, be able to cross over into each other's universes.

I'm not sure I can give a full answer to what your asking about kido in regards to bleach mechanics, but I wouldn't worry about the how and here, if something is missing that the anime/manga has left out, we create it ourselves like the kido list I made; even though the list isn't finished, others can add to it and make it part of the official numbered kido we have on site. As to how specifically you make your own kido, that can be up to you to discover, for me, my custom kidos are created by Luke's inner hollow messing with the kido and infecting it with his own spiritual energy, changing it. You can come up with anyway from tampering with the kido's power output, trying to splice difference kidos together or even just changing the color of your Byakurai from blue to purple with pink podadots, its really up to you and if there is any problem, we'll let you know, but it would be easier to see a written example along with your question, a example being you write out a test kido here to show us what you mean ^^

For your first question, we follow canon mechanics as Luke pointed out above. Otherwise, we often use real life science as foundation to our site-canon mechanics; there really isn't a written list yet, but most active members are aware how we tend to handle things.

As for how Kido works / how are new ones created, I can give you an answer. Kido are generally categorized by number AKA the amount of reiryoku (spiritual energy) put into them, but even then, there can be two spells with same number and different effect; this change, and generally the appearance and effect of Kido, is dictated by incantation and manipulation of the specific amount of reiryoku put into them. More simply put, simply by shaping the energy, that Kido is formed out of.

Hopefully this helps Smile

View user profile

#8 Re: I have many questions about my character on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:08 am

Alright, next question. How secretive am I allowed to be in terms of character ability development? For example, if I want to start out with a character that is a spiritually aware human who ascends to the rank of shinigami, do I need to reveal what his powers will be beforehand? Am I allowed to have powers revealed in character only? I know that powers must be approved, but can I have them approved secretly?

View user profile

#9 Re: I have many questions about my character on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:21 am

Kuroi

2nd Division
2nd Division
I personally don't mind. Yet I am a simple mod, take it up with the Admins.

View user profile

#10 Re: I have many questions about my character on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:41 pm

@Masa Akihiko wrote:Alright, next question. How secretive am I allowed to be in terms of character ability development? For example, if I want to start out with a character that is a spiritually aware human who ascends to the rank of shinigami, do I need to reveal what his powers will be beforehand? Am I allowed to have powers revealed in character only? I know that powers must be approved, but can I have them approved secretly?
Quote do post: 88407

Personally, no, you don't have to reveal your powers beforehand? in fact, I suggest you take a look at Sangatsu, the former subsitute shinigami on site; she started out with no powers, but she made hints to it with her unique spiritual pressure, personality and eventually, I helped her make and forge her own unique zanpakuto. As to using powers before they are approved, yes, you can, but you must have the agreement of the other person you are role playing with that you are using unapproved powers and to show them which powers you are planning to use. Yes, you can show powers IC only, but again, I suggest you tell your rp partner/s that is what you plan to do. Trust me, I made these mistakes of not telling people and making powers up on the fly IC. I don't wanna scare ya, just tell ya that just be careful, I don't mind, but others will, so just keep them informed and once the thread is down, if you haven't already, write up your new tech in the technique/spell/release creation area and have it approved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum