Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should the sites past be rebooted to the start of the new plot? [10vote ]

• 1. Yes, the site's story should be rebooted.

10100%
  • 2. No, the site's story should not be rebooted.

00%

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#11 Re: Site reset?! on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm

It seems to me like the best way to make sure characters that don't want to stay from scratch don't HAVE to.

View user profile

#12 Reply on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:13 pm

As a note, this is not a discussion topic. Question SHOULD be asked, and staff will reply to them to our best ability. Explanations and opinions are to be included in the vote reply, and we wont count votes, that have no explanation made to them. However, do not discuss the poll here, meaning replying to the opinion of another player; that can be done in chat, PM, etc., as long as it doesn't offend anyone else. Everyone has a right for their own vote and opinion; they are not to be later influenced by someone else. The reason for this? The site has a long, long history of making this kind of polls/threads into a heated discussion, and eventually an argument.

Now, I'll do my best to reply to all questions/issues expressed.

Questions Expressed by Luke:

1. "The question I'm having is that, the site plots have already been redone and I agree with Graven, I don't see any reason for getting rid of person's personal plots when some of us have worked on them for a long time, this would pour all of people's hard work down the drain and making them restart really isn't fair."

The site plot has been redone, yes, but the insanely high risk of it contradicting the new plot is a real concern. The absence of previously played characters in the new plot will create problems, so it's best if we erase them from the history of site; the background of present plot will be included in articles of Daireishokairo, and the goal is to create a realistic, well-written history for the plot - the past plots would create warps in the background of our story.

For personal plots, not everything is lost. Dante still exists in the plot as the antagonist; removing him would both result in Graven's and D'gerik's roleplay efforts to be entirely lost. D'gerik is free to join Dante's army in his history (excuse me for not having stalked your development in RP; I recall that he was involved with the Army of Blood) and Graven's lover/wife is likely to have killed by Dante (especially, since I've based some of the lore I have fleshed out on this piece of detail; Dante did, indeed, conquer a part of the north - northwestern mountains and the western regions of Hueco Munco would be under his reign); both of the players are welcome to include any other details in their history, if they want to!

However, what needs to be removed are the bits of history, that do not fit with the current plot and the lore around it. In the past, RP and how well the character histories fit to the mechanics of plot, wasn't really regulated by staff, but this will change, regardless of the outcome of this poll. An example, that comes to my mind was Luke's character slaughtering an entire district in the Rukongai, and people calling him names because of that; people wouldn't be calling him names, because after he did something like that, he couldn't walk into a bar - he would be arrested, which would eventually lead into his execution, or escape and life-long status as an exile (these things aren't revoked easily, as seen in canon).

These were just examples. If you have questions, ask away, but please, keep in mind, that this is not a discussion topic ^_^ Finally, I want to thank Luke for a good reply; it made things easier to explain, now that someone asked questions.

2. "In saying that, if people want to redo their apps, that's fine, Graven did that with Okami and D'gerik did the same, but forcing everyone to do it isn't really on because I'm going to be honest here; I don't really want to redo my apps, I'm happy with them, where they are currently, especially with Luke's since I've been doing a hell load of tier training for him. Now, I don't mind going over a few things with Luke's app for example, but redoing it from scratch? not really my cup of tea here."

Everyone, who votes yes, has agreed on this. They know what a reboot means, and thus, should be ready to face the "necessary evil", like losing a portion of their character's development or having to re-submit an application. That doesn't mean the application has to be entirely rebooted. I am not sure if Graven entirely changed everything in Okami's application (which btw, I just read and totally fell in love with), and minor changes are fine; again on the case of Okami's application, I found a few, really really small things, that wouldn't fit to the mechanics, and would probably get change later on - these changes wouldn't change his character in any way, and like I said, are very slight (but still necessary and essential).

Now, to the subject of a single person being reluctant of re-submitting their application. Everyone can't always get what they want; the result of this poll will be what will happen next, and a single person has no say in the opinion of a majority, that's just how the thing is. If you complain and whine about it, or worse, refuse to do as you are told, I have a few good sites in mind, that you might like; no one's forcing you to stick around, if you don't want to. Even staff will have to follow these changes; because what is a site without it's members? Surely, not a site. The previous words were NOT directed at an individual, but generally everyone; again, thank you for bringing it up Luke.

The following is directed personally at Luke. You especially, will have to change A LOT about your application, like it or not. I am not referring to powers or anything, or things that do not fit to the mechanics; I am certain you want to keep some of the character development, so you will have to do some updates on the personality. Your history, as said by yourself, is not your main character's real history, so you would have to write a history and stick to it. After you've stated, that your character was born in Soul Society, you can't change that fact; your character was born in Soul Society, and any reference to "a past life as a human" will get voided. And even then, I wouldn't compare it to re-making your character from a scratch; if your app was deleted, and you'd have to write it again, that would be re-making your character from a scratch.

3. Plain and simple, why can't we simply work on stuff without having a site reboot since isn't that what we are doing anyway? stuff like adjustments to the AR/FAR system, filling in the gaps in various key orgs, etc. Wouldn't we be doing that in the site reboot anyway?

Most points were covered in the previous answers, but there's something I might need to clarify here as well. Why can't we just work on the key stuff, and update site? Why do we have to do a reboot? By reading the answer number one, you'll get a good idea of why this is necessary, but if you're not sure, I'll sum it up in one sentence; if we leave everything as it was, IC-wise, the past will come haunting us - the complications, that come with it, would be the site's destruction. Especially now, that we have a canon plot, which will attract a lot of new people, a reboot is the right choice.

Special Note: And personally, I don't think the site will be "reborn" or "new" any time soon, if we don't move on from the troubled past. It's not just a new beginning for the characters; it's a fresh start, for me, for you, for us, for the players and authors of the story of your characters. To be honest, I don't like being in the shadow of my former actions, and neither do I want to just pick up from where the old staff left off, because I'm really ambitious. I want to see the new Bleach Story, without all of it's cursed past constantly coming back to us; the same mistakes, the same schemes, they have been replayed again and again - and we have the solution of putting an end to it. I want to believe, that this time everything will be better, better than in a very very long time - I've been here for years, longer than most, but still surpassed by the original members of the very first dynasty of Bleach Story; I've heard of the stories of the old, glorious days since my arrival here, and I remember wishing, that things could be like back then. Now, I feel like we've been given the chance to go back to those very days of glory, and I don't want to fuck it up; I want things to go so, that after a year from this day, I can say to myself, that I succeeded, succeeded in helping to return this site to the days of glory. That after a year, the site is still running.

And there's also something I'd like to say to Luke, but which is pretty much directed at everyone. There's no need for apologies for being human, or being sorry for things, that you did not do. By all means, I never intended to make you feel like you had made a mistake, or that you did something wrong; I am sincerely sorry if I made you feel that way. Without you, the site wouldn't have survived this far. You took the control, when the site was about to be closed, probably for all eternity, and prevented it's destruction. As for not being perfect, you're not the only one; I've made wrong decisions, more mistakes than you have ever done and even turned my back on the one site, that I really cared for. I guess, I am trying to say, that you forgave my past and allowed me to help you, and even more than seeing the site become glorious even after a year, I wish, that I could see all of us still here - knowing that WE made it out there. I'm thriving for perfection, maybe chasing a dream, but I think this is something we all should try to achieve. But there's nothing wrong about not being perfect; there's nothing more dysfunctional than perfection.

You said, that you liked how the site was, when you joined. Trust me on this, Luke; you'll like it as much, after the reboot is done. I joined 16th of October 2012, and I've left and came back more times than I can count. Do you know why? Because even if my interest dropped and I left, I always knew, that I'd return here; this site was the first real roleplay site, and almost everything I've learned of writing, I learned here. There's something about BleachStory, that I can't shrug off; it's as if I had sold my soul to the site, when I registered, clicking the button to promise I'll be active. And I know, that other old members feel this magnetism too, because they've returned on multiple occasions as well; the site makes you love it, and even when everyone were ready to let it go, it unexpectedly returned to life. BleachStory's has a troubled past, of which our aim should be to move on, and that we can do - what we cannot do, is to remove the charm, that the site has over us.

And WOW, I really wrote all this? Enough of the motivational speeches; I'll get back to what I was supposed to do Razz

"I have a suggestion. While it may have nothing to do with what is at hand right now. Maybe we create a section for your character's "story"/timeline. Featuring all the things that has happened to you character from birth with all the threads your character has been involved in so people can also look more into your characters life. Of course personal plots woul be included although can't affect the plot in anyway but just simple development stuff could be okay for reference etc.

Thoughts on this?"
-- Izuna's suggestion

The plotters, trackers, and all the fun things I've been preparing for you will include this; character plot development is a thing, that will change a lot, after I am done with everything I have in my pockets. People will finally have means to perceive their own character's plot development, as well as view the development of others; there's new, awesome methods of plotting coming up, that will make the relationships and the personality development easier.

But then again, this is off-topic.

To clarify the situation, there is seven yes votes, that count.

Me, Tengen, Izuna, Graven, Luke and D'gerik, have voted and explained the vote. Necrones also expressed his yes-vote to Izuna in chat, and mentioned he had already voted and working on a reply.

View user profile

#13 Re: Site reset?! on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:24 am

Well in my opinion, I think it should be rebooted because if we are going to update the site we should update the rest of the plot and site's past. Like Erida said keeping this, the past will lead to confusion and then the site will again crash into nothing once again. I got nothing else really to say apart from that.

View user profile

#14 Re: Site reset?! on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:06 pm

I say yes.

Since everyone said so. (not srs)

Anyway summoning @Manda Marluz @Mizuko Ichikawa @Yamada Kaito @Rha' Chonchiyo

Last edited by Dre Jaegerjaquez on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.bleachstory.net

#15 Re: Site reset?! on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:29 pm

@Necrones: yes, but if we've already replaced the site plots with the duel one, why do we need to redo what has already been redone?

Besides, I wasn't discussing about the site plot, it's about discussing rp threads and personal character development done in threads, especially for someone like me as I've been developing Luke's story and my other character's IC for over a year, it seems a great waste of time if I loose that.

@Erida: Yes, I'm aware of what I've said about Luke, that because of how he's developed IC, I've done a complete remake of his history, but, all of it happens IC and in the very thing a reboot threatens to be rid of; the rp threads, more specifically, one called "memories of time long past" in which I rework Luke's entire history, which also is tied into Ryo Suzuki's history as well. But, even though Luke has vastly changed over the past year or so; I don't have the time currently to go over it, especially if I have to have it reassessed as it can ruin all the tier training I've done with Luke and potential to get lower then what Luke has now is too much of a scary thing to even think about. Currently, my focus is getting the gaps filled in various key alt orgs, then probably working on Ryo as previously mentioned and various other stuff that require my attention.

Besides, I'm honestly confused when you refer to the new plot as we already have a new plot: the alternate plotline and the cannon plotline that you, yourself created, Erida, so I'm confused to what this means

#16 Re: Site reset?! on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:05 pm

not sure what to vote.

View user profile

#17 Re: Site reset?! on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:06 am

@Dre Jaegerjaquez , I am voting, but only once. I will not use both accounts. XD Anyway, I am voting yes. I say we start fresh and sweep all inactive but approved characters into a folder. Only keep active ones in the approved folder. This should cut down on looking for approved apps of players that are in a thread since there seem to be so many approved but inactive. I say we pick a place in the Bleach timeline to start up again and move from there with what has already established by @Fauna Yasenha . btw, I have not read the other replies here. I'm just adding my 2 cents. One more thing, if you have a thread going before the reboot, cause it seems like it will happen, then I say add it to history and say it happened before the reboot. I say even finish up the thread if you like once the reboot is done. I see no reason why not. Just my feelings.

View user profile

#18 Re: Site reset?! on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:34 am

I vote yes, but I think that they should keep the past history somewhere to use as an reference. just saying...

#19 Re: Site reset?! on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 am

Fauna Yasenha wrote:@Erida: Yes, I'm aware of what I've said about Luke, that because of how he's developed IC, I've done a complete remake of his history, but, all of it happens IC and in the very thing a reboot threatens to be rid of; the rp threads, more specifically, one called "memories of time long past" in which I rework Luke's entire history, which also is tied into Ryo Suzuki's history as well. But, even though Luke has vastly changed over the past year or so; I don't have the time currently to go over it, especially if I have to have it reassessed as it can ruin all the tier training I've done with Luke and potential to get lower then what Luke has now is too much of a scary thing to even think about. Currently, my focus is getting the gaps filled in various key alt orgs, then probably working on Ryo as previously mentioned and various other stuff that require my attention.

Besides, I'm honestly confused when you refer to the new plot as we already have a new plot: the alternate plotline and the cannon plotline that you, yourself created, Erida, so I'm confused to what this means.

This was still no discussion topic.

@Luke; I refered to the previous threads and character plotlines, rather than to the site plot ^_^

I underlined the keywords regarding the re-submittion of your application. You'd need to move this information from the thread to your application (I don't mean word to word). Why? Because like I said, the application is one of the most important things in roleplaying with other people; other players and staff look at your application to get to know them. That means, your application can't contain false information; you, yourself, always have the deepest understanding of your character, but others should get the basic idea as well. And yes, history needs to be redone.

I will say this again. All the past roleplay can be converted into your character's history, AS LONG AS IT FITS TO THE MECHANICS AND NEW PLOT BACKGROUND. Past threads cannot be kept; they will come in the way in the future.

It seems this poll is about to reach it's end, considering almost everyone have posted!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum