Bleach Story
Hello, guest!

Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to My Hero Academia: Starting Line
An MHA Roleplay Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should the sites past be rebooted to the start of the new plot? [10vote ]

• 1. Yes, the site's story should be rebooted.

10100%
  • 2. No, the site's story should not be rebooted.

00%

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1 Site reset?! on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Okay, so before I begin I would like to make it clear the title is not what it seems to be, the question I am raising is whether or not you as the members and staff of Bleach Story want to reboot the sites AU timeline to right now, this would mean that all character and other past plots would be ignored and archived but don't be mistaken that you will lose it all since if you are really set on having these plots then feel free to add them to your character's history. Another note is if someone has bankai or second stage release then they may still have it.

Post below what you are voting and why you are voting in favour of it.

View user profile

#2 Re: Site reset?! on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:39 pm

I am voting yet because it would be unfair for upcoming lieutenants *cough* Me *cough* from getting bankai.

View user profile

#3 Re: Site reset?! on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 pm

I am voting yes, I believe since we are starting anew it is only logical we start fresh. While I do accept it has affects on some characters it would be much more easier to follow if there wasn't all this background stuff when the plot is up and running.

View user profile

#4 Re: Site reset?! on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm currently not going to vote because I don't really understand what the purpose of this poll is and what it means,Izuma, if you can pm about what's going on, it will be appreciated Smile

#5 Re: Site reset?! on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Thank you, Kuroi, for posting this ^_^ This is a question, that has been on my mind for a while now, and we should get over with this as soon as possible.

I voted yes, because the reboot is a good way of beginning another story. My main reason for voting yes is, because I think, that the Bleach mechanics have been abused in the past by prior plots; as a staff member, one of my main goals is upholding the mechanics of Bleach universe. The new story would, and will, contradict any former plots, which is the reason why they need to be removed from the story-line, because there is characters in the previous plots, that overlap with the chronology of current plot. Basically, everything that happened prior to this reboot, would be voided; but don't think this like you're going to lose all the character development you made! Tier, that your character has already achieved, as well as any additional abilities/techniques + secondary releases (+ possibly positions) can get transferred over; re-grading of your application, however, is a necessary evil. You don't necessarily lose everything, since you can apply things to your history; but please, keep it reasonable (please don't include PCs like Anamist in your history, if you do not have their permission; please don't include NPCs made prior the reboot, into your history, as all of them are subject to change).

And wow, I trailed off the topic, but yeah, I am voting yes xD

View user profile

#6 Re: Site reset?! on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:29 am

I'd say Erida captured everything important. I agree, and view yes. I do not believe it inappropriate for character arcs to continue, but it only makes sense for the site's plot and history to reboot.

View user profile

#7 Re: Site reset?! on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:54 am

I voted yes because the site's plot has been abused in the past, and we should start fresh. Characters should be kept at their tier and such, however, as I see no need to revert all of our hard work.

View user profile

#8 Re: Site reset?! on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:20 am

the question I'm having is that, the site plots have already been redone and I agree with Graven, I don't see any reason for getting rid of person's personal plots when some of us have worked on them for a long time, this would pour all of people's hard work down the drain and making them restart really isn't fair.

I'm not arguing that what you guys are saying is wrong, far from it, but why can't we simply update what we have without necessarily needing a entire site reboot, which honestly, even if everyone agrees, idk really know what to do since I've already redone the alt site plot and Erida has written up the cannon site plot.

In saying that, if people want to redo their apps, that's fine, Graven did that with Okami and D'gerik did the same, but forcing everyone to do it isn't really on because I'm going to be honest here; I don't really want to redo my apps, I'm happy with them, where they are currently, especially with Luke's since I've been doing a hell load of tier training for him. Now, I don't mind going over a few things with Luke's app for example, but redoing it from scratch? not really my cup of tea here.

Plain and simple, why can't we simply work on stuff without having a site reboot since isn't that what we are doing anyway? stuff like adjustments to the AR/FAR system, filling in the gaps in various key orgs, etc. Wouldn't we be doing that in the site reboot anyway?

Like I said in my first post on this, I'm not voting yet as I honestly don't know what to do with it, so I need to think on it, weather or not we can do all the stuff people want to do without a site reboot.

Sorry if I act like a conservative, but I liked how the site was when I joined and when I became a admin, I wanted to return to that; so I didn't really do a reboot and more a update to what the site used to be while adding some stuff that I thought it needed. But necessarily to say; I'm not a perfect person, I mess up and I make mistakes, we are only human after all. Just idk what to do and I'm just giving out my thoughts on this but for now, I'm on the fence about what to do. Please don't misunderstand me for not listening to you guys, I'm am and I'm trying my best to understand, but I just don't know what to do @.@

#9 Re: Site reset?! on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:13 am

Well, if I'mcorrectly interpreting Izuna's OP, those past sorry arcs for your character won't be lost, rather if you truly want them they can be added to that character's history. Additionally, I did redo my app voluntarily, but when I say I redid it, I really mean I fixed what I didn't like annoy my old one. Regardless, the op mentioned nothing of redoing the character as a whole, just their in-game story arcs.

View user profile

#10 Re: Site reset?! on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:18 pm

I have a suggestion. While it may have nothing to do with what is at hand right now. Maybe we create a section for your character's "story"/timeline. Featuring all the things that has happened to you character from birth with all the threads your character has been involved in so people can also look more into your characters life. Of course personal plots woul be included although can't affect the plot in anyway but just simple development stuff could be okay for reference etc.

Thoughts on this?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum