Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Kitasenshu Minamiya (Northern Bow and Southern Arrow)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:23 am

avatar

Espada
Espada
The arrow(s) don't actually possess mass or weight but instead only carries a multi-part seal. When the arrow strikes a target, it envelopes whatever is struck in a dim light. This does nothing but symbolize that the seal has been successfully placed. The second part of the spell's incantation divides the seal. A part of it is launched from the opposite side of the target along the same trajectory that the arrow that first hit them would have traveled had it flown right through the target. The seal fragment takes on the form of the original arrow until it strikes the target next in its path.

If they don't possess mass or weight, it means they are an energy of sorts. Overall, this is a great kido that can /easily/ be approved after a few edits. But as of right now, if this spell was used in roleplay against me, I would be greatly confused. So let's work on that, shall we? =]

After the seal is placed, the second incantation must be said. But you said a part of it is launched from the other side of the target. There is really no realistic way this could happen. And if there were, it would be a bit confusing IC. So instead of it seemingly going /through/ someone, how about shooting a different arrow? Like the first arrow is a positive charge, then the user later shoots a negative charge somewhere else, or vise versa. This causes them both to come together. In fact, it may prove more useful. You could shoot the first arrow at an enemy, then the second at a rock. The two would collide. Or you could shoot one arrow at a rock, the other at another rock, make sure the enemy is in the middle, and we all know what happens next: we get a sandwich. xD

You could try this suggestion, or come up with something else. ^.^ However, I'm afraid as of right now it would prove too confusing, unrealistic, and doesn't differ from what was asked to be changed in the original thread. Please edit this and bump! Smile Thank you!

View user profile http://www.fairytail-rp.com/

on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:31 am

I'm not sure if you're just not understanding what is happening or if this is yet another example of a mod projecting their own opinion based on a lack of understanding (Bleach mechanics or this spell specifically). It's a matter of a kido layer which is already put in place splitting off (which we know is possible based on spells like stepping rail or Hyapporankan that split up to perform a function) and heading towards another target on the opposite side of where the arrow hit. Only this instead of staying split up its function which makes it a bakudo causes the divided spell to be attracted to one another in an attempt to reform. This kido envelopes as in it doesn't instantly cover. It spreads evenly and consistently over the target hit and this layer originates/spreads from the point of contact. The last part of a target enveloped would be on the exact opposite side of where the arrow hit. The moment that layer closed a new origin is created from which the arrow continues on a path. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

Also in regards to what was changed in the original thread(which you didn't read at the time this was originally created...not that that should have any baring on it being our debate showed it would have been fine as was): 1-It no longer flies or phases through a person. 2- it places an external seal as opposed to simply creating an unbeatable attractive force. 3-It's been turned into a two part spell.

View user profile

on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:06 am

avatar

Espada
Espada
@Mushami Shuuryou wrote:I'm not sure if you're just not understanding what is happening or if this is yet another example of a mod projecting their own opinion based on a lack of understanding (Bleach mechanics or this spell specifically). It's a matter of a kido layer which is already put in place splitting off (which we know is possible based on spells like stepping rail or Hyapporankan that split up to perform a function) and heading towards another target on the opposite side of where the arrow hit. Only this instead of staying split up its function which makes it a bakudo causes the divided spell to be attracted to one another in an attempt to reform. This kido envelopes as in it doesn't instantly cover. It spreads evenly and consistently over the target hit and this layer originates/spreads from the point of contact. The last part of a target enveloped would be on the exact opposite side of where the arrow hit. The moment that layer closed a new origin is created from which the arrow continues on a path. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

Also in regards to what was changed in the original thread(which you didn't read at the time this was originally created...not that that should have any baring on it being our debate showed it would have been fine as was): 1-It no longer flies or phases through a person. 2- it places an external seal as opposed to simply creating an unbeatable attractive force. 3-It's been turned into a two part spell.

That makes a bit more sense. The original post was a bit confusing. Perhaps you should edit what you told me in. =] And I did read the last topic, and didn't see any difference. Because I didn't see the difference, I thought that it simply wasn't allowed. But you might have edited it before I looked.

So the energy basically goes 'around' the opponent, then closes off and continues for the second part? This seems fair enough. Heck, it even makes scientific sense with magnetism and electricity. Razz

Anyways, unless someone else sees anything wrong with it, I am personally okay with this kido. But before it is officially 'approved', please edit in what you had told me or at least something more descriptive/similar. =]

View user profile http://www.fairytail-rp.com/

on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:55 am

Edit.

View user profile

on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 pm

avatar

Espada
Espada
I'm not quite content with what was edited in. =] I think I wanted this to be edited into your description, especially that last sentence:

This kido envelopes as in it doesn't instantly cover. It spreads evenly and consistently over the target hit and this layer originates/spreads from the point of contact. The last part of a target enveloped would be on the exact opposite side of where the arrow hit. The moment that layer closed a new origin is created from which the arrow continues on a path.

Without those last few sentences at the very least, I find the current, first-post description of this kido a bit confusing if I were to read it, want to use it, or want to know what it does if used against me.

Once you do this, this kido should be about ready for approval. ^.^

View user profile http://www.fairytail-rp.com/

on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 pm

avatar

Shinigami
Shinigami
Yuki Seika wrote:
The arrow(s) don't actually possess mass or weight but instead only carries a multi-part seal. When the arrow strikes a target, it envelopes whatever is struck in a dim light. This does nothing but symbolize that the seal has been successfully placed. The second part of the spell's incantation divides the seal. A part of it is launched from the opposite side of the target along the same trajectory that the arrow that first hit them would have traveled had it flown right through the target. The seal fragment takes on the form of the original arrow until it strikes the target next in its path.

If they don't possess mass or weight, it means they are an energy of sorts. Overall, this is a great kido that can /easily/ be approved after a few edits. But as of right now, if this spell was used in roleplay against me, I would be greatly confused. So let's work on that, shall we? =]

After the seal is placed, the second incantation must be said. But you said a part of it is launched from the other side of the target. There is really no realistic way this could happen. And if there were, it would be a bit confusing IC. So instead of it seemingly going /through/ someone, how about shooting a different arrow? Like the first arrow is a positive charge, then the user later shoots a negative charge somewhere else, or vise versa. This causes them both to come together. In fact, it may prove more useful. You could shoot the first arrow at an enemy, then the second at a rock. The two would collide. Or you could shoot one arrow at a rock, the other at another rock, make sure the enemy is in the middle, and we all know what happens next: we get a sandwich. xD

You could try this suggestion, or come up with something else. ^.^ However, I'm afraid as of right now it would prove too confusing, unrealistic, and doesn't differ from what was asked to be changed in the original thread. Please edit this and bump! Smile Thank you!

I think this would prove OP, because if I shoot first arrow at a knife and second at target's head, and the magnetism cannot be reversed by any mentioned means... I am afraid it would cause a situation, where the opposite has no way of escape. How coukd it be prevented from causing an autohit?

I apologize if I missed a detail about this.

View user profile

on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:13 pm

avatar

Espada
Espada
Erida wrote:
Yuki Seika wrote:
The arrow(s) don't actually possess mass or weight but instead only carries a multi-part seal. When the arrow strikes a target, it envelopes whatever is struck in a dim light. This does nothing but symbolize that the seal has been successfully placed. The second part of the spell's incantation divides the seal. A part of it is launched from the opposite side of the target along the same trajectory that the arrow that first hit them would have traveled had it flown right through the target. The seal fragment takes on the form of the original arrow until it strikes the target next in its path.

If they don't possess mass or weight, it means they are an energy of sorts. Overall, this is a great kido that can /easily/ be approved after a few edits. But as of right now, if this spell was used in roleplay against me, I would be greatly confused. So let's work on that, shall we? =]

After the seal is placed, the second incantation must be said. But you said a part of it is launched from the other side of the target. There is really no realistic way this could happen. And if there were, it would be a bit confusing IC. So instead of it seemingly going /through/ someone, how about shooting a different arrow? Like the first arrow is a positive charge, then the user later shoots a negative charge somewhere else, or vise versa. This causes them both to come together. In fact, it may prove more useful. You could shoot the first arrow at an enemy, then the second at a rock. The two would collide. Or you could shoot one arrow at a rock, the other at another rock, make sure the enemy is in the middle, and we all know what happens next: we get a sandwich. xD

You could try this suggestion, or come up with something else. ^.^ However, I'm afraid as of right now it would prove too confusing, unrealistic, and doesn't differ from what was asked to be changed in the original thread. Please edit this and bump! Smile Thank you!

I think this would prove OP, because if I shoot first arrow at a knife and second at target's head, and the magnetism cannot be reversed by any mentioned means... I am afraid it would cause a situation, where the opposite has no way of escape. How coukd it be prevented from causing an autohit?

I apologize if I missed a detail about this.

You have a point, but seeing as Mushami isn't doing this, it shouldn't be a problem. Also keep in mind that an opponent CAN dodge. ^.^ And if they have a strong hierro or defense, they could stop any projectile coming at them from magnetism. There is also a post limit for the effect.

View user profile http://www.fairytail-rp.com/

on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:31 am

Ah that's what you both mean.

Edits made.

View user profile

on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:49 am

avatar

Espada
Espada
@Mushami Shuuryou wrote:Kido Name: Kitasenshu Minamiya (Northern Bow and Southern Arrow)
Strength of 70s level Bakudo
No Number
Incantation: (Part 1) Soar beyond loneliness. Claw at the divide with untold fury.  (Part 2) Travel from top to bottom only to discover there is nothing.
Effect: This is a two part kido. The effect only takes place after both parts of the incantation are said. The kido can be said in whole before any of the conditions are met in order to make the entire multi-part spell/effect process seem instantaneous. The first part of the incantation creates a translucent black bow upon its completion. The bow allows the user to fire translucent black arrows one after another if it's said in full prior to its use. Otherwise a single arrow is all that can be used. The arrow(s) don't actually possess mass or weight but instead only carries a multi-part  seal. When the arrow strikes a target, it envelopes whatever is struck in a dim light. This symbolizes that the seal has been successfully placed. The second part of the spell's incantation divides the seal. The aura which enveloped the target stays but instantly splits apart and forms another arrow. It's launched from the opposite side of the target along the same trajectory that the arrow that first hit them would have traveled had it flown right through the target. This arrow contains a portion of the seal. After hitting the next object in envelopes it in a similar glowing aura symbolizing the placement of the separated seal fragment. To simplify: this kido wraps two objects in two separate layers of kido. These two layers of kido are drawn towards each other, along with the effected targets, as if they were both being pulled by extremely powerful magnets towards one another. The two parts of the seal are drawn towards each other almost as if by an extremely powerful magnetic attraction existed between the two. The effect lasts a minimum of one post after the kido's full effect is activated and one additional post for each tier higher the caster is than the target.

I approve of this kido. ^.^ Well done!

View user profile http://www.fairytail-rp.com/
#20Sponsored content 


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum