Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shinigami Academy: Zanjutsu Training[Open Training]

Por favor, faça o login para responder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Soul
Soul
Time seemed to have frozen still for Jinsuke as he sat at the head of a large, but empty, training hall. The room was naturally lit by the sunlight poking through the rice paper and windows, but something about how empty it was made the place feel dark. He'd volunteered to help train some of the newer shinigami in the way of swordsmanship as a shinigami in hopes that he might find some natural talent. On the outside this seemed like a calm and collected move, but underneath Jinsuke's stoic exterior was an unnaturally twisted desire. He didn't just want to find someone who had potential to challenge him...no, the Kenpachi was looking for a beast much like himself. One which would someday come not just for his title but for his head.

It'd been so long since Jinsuke last had a proper fight that he even asked the 12th Division to help him enjoy his little play at teacher even more. Attacked to his chest beneath his shihakushou would be a small reiatsu eating creature that would keep Jinsuke's reiatsu low enough that even academy students would be almost equal to him in raw reaitsu. But for what he now lacked in advantage, the well seasoned fighter more than made up for it in both experience and raw talent. But for now, none of the students were told that they'd be taught by the Kenpachi so he would seem like just another instructor. His captains Haori had been left in his room and now all he wore was the traditional uniform and the zanpakutou at his waist...oh yeah, and a reiatsu eating spider-like creature.

The first student was scheduled to arrive soon. Everyone sent to Jinsuke today would be told to enter with a request. He was eager to see what insights on the sword these supposedly top-class students would ask on.

((Your first post should include a request to help you with a certain area of your swordsmanship.))

View user profile

on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 pm

3rd Division
3rd Division
Alastair roamed through the halls of the academy soon to be in the great training hall. Today was the day he would get basic zanjutsu training but also how to adapt his on style and flare to it. While walking through the last hall he search for a reiatsu inside the training hall and when he did he was met with one no stronger then his, "This is gonna be easy." He slid open the doors to the hall and stepped in closing them behind him he then proceeded to make his way over to the only other person in the hall assuming that he was today instructor.

Alastair let out a sincere smile for his face before addressing the man, "Hello sir, My names Alastair Knightfield I'm here for the kido version of zanjutsu." He extended his hand to shake for this mans. Since recently he has been able to pick up on things more quickly giving him the abilities to read people. This man had no distinctive qualities from the outside so he decided to personal check out this guys feel while also continuing to brief him on what he would like to work on sword wise, "I would also like to increase my reaction time and strength of my sword."

View user profile

on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Soul
Soul
Jinsuke's senses would be aware of the student as he approached from the hallway outside the great hall.

"This is gonna be easy"

Jinsuke heard those words and considered what they said about their speaker. "Overconfident...this one should be good." The great man thought to himself. His eyes opened as the sliding door to the hall did and his gaze immediately fell upon the first student of the day. He almost could have mistaken the boy for a girl with his hair style but the gender specific blue uniform would give it away. But that isn't what shocked Jinsuke...the Kenpachi was about the speak as Alastair approached the comfortable range in which a student would typically stop to greet their instructor. Instead, the boy walked right up into hand shaking distance like a proper western gentleman as he introduced himself.

Needless to say, Jinsuke did not shake his hand. But the madness didn't stop there, the brat went on to insist that this was a lesson about some kind of kido zanjutsu. At least the last two bits about his raction time and strength seemed like sane enough things to request. But Jinsuke was sure Alastair should have been told to ask about zanjutsu so was he just a fool or did he really have a love for kido? Either way the disrespect the boy had shown him upset Jinsuke and a bit of his facade as a peaceful teacher faded away. Wide eyes of a beast looked at Alastair and a ferociously large killing intent would begin pouring from the man as he spoke, "You seem to misunderstand the nature of our relationship. My name is Jinsuke and I'm going to be teaching you today. BOW AND GREET YOUR INSTRUCTOR!" The sudden yell was backed by a large wave of killing intent. Suddenly Jinsuke was standing and looking down at Alastair. With all the killing intent in the air he'd seem huge for a moment, like an insurmountable mountain before Alastair. But as quickly as this overwhelming sensation came it would vanish.

Jinsuke's eyes would no longer feel like that of a wild animal and while he was tall, he was no bigger than one would find normal for a man. Once Knightfield bowed and greeting Jinsuke properly he'd begin teaching him.

"Listen up, Kidou and Zanjutsu are two different classes. What makes you think I know anything about kidou, I'm a Zanjutsu instructor. But from your other questions I can see that you think this is a place to practice the basics. It isn't. Want to increase your reaction time and strength? Go train. Think of a question about swordsmanship!"

((I'll help you create a zanjutsu technique that uses kidou, but first give me a question that pertains to swordsmanship. Not your characters attributes. Razz ))

View user profile

on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:18 pm

3rd Division
3rd Division
Just as the man spoke Alastair had known exactly what he did wrong. He forgot to greet this man normally but also completely ignore the whole point of being here, "Swordsmanship."The fact that he brought up kido was idiotic and completely disrespect for the way of the swords. But out of this whole confrontation Alastair got exactly what he wanted. Not only did he discover that this man was no normal instructor he also felt the intense sense of death from this man. And as he stood he began to focus on two other thing.

One being that this man was very huge. Alastair couldn't believe he hadn't noticed it before but this man easily stood another foot to 2ft taller then him and had three times that in muscle. Alastair then correctly greeted his instructor with a bow and a apology as he felt the mans intent smother his pride, "I am so sorry sir. I apologize for my rude and disrespectful behavior and promise to never let that happen again." Alastair also realized that the true questions he should be asking about swordsmanship vanished from his head.

It was not until he backed up to give the man his space and the killing intent died down that he remembered those questions. He the stood at attention while asking his question, "Sir i was wondering if you could teach me sword techniques involving my sheath. I was wondering if you could teach me how to block techniques that involve multiple hits at the same time."

View user profile

on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Soul
Soul
Jinsuke's temper dropped even more as the student put forth some effort with his new questions. They showed he at least had a decent mindset, using the sheath as a part of the weapon shows an awareness few his age would have and defending against multiple attacks at once was a difficult feat for anyone with his level of experience. Learning about them from Jinsuke could definitely give him an edge on his peers when it came to group sparring. "That's more like it." Jinsuke said with a grin as he walked past Knightfield and out into the middle of the hall. The floors were matted making it one big training area which the Kenpachi was now in the center of. His zanpakutou was fastened at his waist but he held two wooden swords in his hands. Alastair would have been able to see the movements of Jinsuke's body, but the moment he past him and briefly left his field of view the captain grabbed both wooden training swords from a rack nearby. "Catch!" Jinsuke would call out in warning before tossing the training weapon to Knightfield, "First I need to see what your current form and stance are like. Come slash me like you were trying to kill me." The man said as he stood waiting for the attack to come. His stance seemed to have no guard and yet at the same time there didn't feel to be any real openings...Jinsuke's eyes would be watching carefully for all the movements of Alastair's attack. The best way to incorporate the use of his sheath could come after he saw Alastair's movements.

((try to put as much detail into the movements of your hands and feet during your attack in the next post. Dont try to be fancy or anything, just make an earnest attempt to cut Jinsuke.))

View user profile

on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:20 pm

3rd Division
3rd Division
Alistair caught the sword with his left hand without looking at it. He thought that if he couldn't make up for his udder ignorance he would show him. He stepped onto the mat and moved into position. He then place his eight inches apart while placing both hands on the sword. He then quickly brought his foot forward directly forward in another eight while raising the sword to the length of his forehead. He would twist his right wrist forty five degrees to the right causing the sword to mimic his wrist. He would then shift his weight towards the instructor to increase the speed and power of the attack aiming to slash from his left shoulder to right waistline.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Soul
Soul
As Knightfield began to move Jinsuke smoothly slipped his training sword into his obi where one's sheath would typically rest. The moment Alastair took a step so would Jinsuke as he began to speak, "Never defend if using a sheath, always intercept." The instructor said as his left hand grasped the training weapon from below and lifted it out of his belt upwards. His grip on the weapon was akin to how one holds the sheath when returning a blade to waist level. This meant the "edge" of the curve was facing back towards Jinsuke but it also gave a nice rail for Alastair's attack to glide off of. "After stepping in, strike the attack." He said as his left arm turned 15 degrees to the right and then moved it forward into the oncoming attack to ensure his "sheath" took the hit and not his hand or fingers.

What Jinsuke did next happened faster than Alastair would have been able to follow but something strange happened. There was a pulse of reiatsu from Jinsuke's eyes. If Alastair saw the glint the world would suddenly slow down in his eyes. While his body would be no faster to react, his perception of time would become slow enough to see exactly what Jinsuke did.

After intercepting the strike Jinsuke took a swift step to knightfield's outside and pushed forwards and with his left arm helping Alastairs attack continue on in the direction it was aimed. Then the captain jerked his hips and right arm to the right as all the muscles in his left arm exploded into action driving his left hand and the butt of his training weapon towards Alastair's face. The attack would stop just a few centimeters from Alastairs left eye as Jinsuke finished his explaination and time seemed to return to normal. "By combining an intercept followed by a step to the outside you can easily aim the mouth of your sheath into someone's face just like this." He let that sit for a moment just as he let the "sheath" sit in front of Alastair's face for a few seconds...you know, pause for dramatic effect. But he removed the weapon soon enough and moved to go put it away. As he did, he called back to Knightfield in a half-assed voice, "I suppose if I were a kidou master I could have found a way to store spells in my sheath. Assuming I could do that, then such a maneuver would let me blast off a spell right in my opponent's face." He set the wooden sword back on the rack and slowly made his way back to his seat from the beginning. "Then again, if I really wanted to use kidou with zanjutsu I'd figure out a way to attack spells to my zanpakutou. Then I would just transfer a spell into my sheath for a surprise attack. Theoretically you could even release a spell using your ken'atsu as a medium if you were good enough. But that requires a mix of powerful wild reiatsu AND delicate control..." and so his monologue of wisdom ended.

While he himself didn't enjoy kidou he figured that it would help Knightfield not slack off on his zanjutsu. So he gave the student his theories on how kidou might be applied to zanjutsu usefully.

Spoiler:

Technique Name: Teacher's Gaze
Technique Description: A glint appears in Jinsuke's eye followed by a pulse of reiatsu which follows his line of sight. If he is looking directly into his opponents eye this pulse has a chance to impact their retina. The pulse instantly engages the bodies ability to slow down ones perception of time. This does not make them faster, but it does slow down the speed at which they view the world around them for a short time. Duration is instant and the effects last 1 turn. Cool down of 3 turns.

Technique Name: Lightning Style: Parting Gates
Technique Description: The user holds their sword in air in front of them in a reverse-backwards grip. This meas the tip of the blade is facing the ground and blunt end is facing the opponent. In reaction to any incoming slash attack from above the user then intercepts with the back of their blade while stepping to the outside of the attacker. When combined with shunpo this allows one to easily get around to an enemies blind spot and because it happens so close one might even seem to vanish from sight.

Technique Effect Chart:

*The effect chart is for damage, durability, or any other after effect of a technique. The damage/effect/etc will be based off of tiers.*

Opponent is Two+ Tiers Lower: Possible to deflect even release technique attacks if guarded perfectly and movement into the blind spot goes completely unnoticed.
Opponent is One Tier Lower: Possible to deflect slashes from general techniques and movement into blind spot is hardly detectable.
Opponent is Equal Tier: Even reiatsu reinforced strikes can be deflected, but movements into blind spot are noticeable.
Opponent is One Tier Higher: Normal attacks can be deflected, but movement into blindspot is easily noticed.
Opponent is Two+ Tiers Higher: Normal attacks require great effort to deflect, but possible if opponent didn't attack with full strength. Otherwise guard breaks. Movement into the blindspot seems sluggish.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 pm

3rd Division
3rd Division
Alastair completely saw the attack he not only understood what his instructor said but also took it to heart. He then sat his practice sword on the table and bowed to the man before leaving the hall. You could hear his voice from outside the doors, "Thank you!"

View user profile
#9Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum