Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Bleach Story RPG

AU Bleach Roleplay Forum, where you can create your own RP character.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please log in to post a topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Silas was tired, he knew that for sure. Spending almost an entire day looking for your replacement would do that to you. He actually thought it would be easy finding his replacement, but those that he had tested were either lacking in the skills needed for the job or the right personality. Silas thought both were important if anyone was going to be Vice Captain of the 5th Division, and he wasn't finding anyone that embody what was needed for the position. He was actually on the verge of allowing the Captain of the division pick out his new Vice Captain, but that thought was immediately deserted.

Silas folded his arms, leaned against a beam, and looked out to the green courtyard. He had been testing the Shikai of those that wanted to position of Vice Captain, and he saw a lot of impressive ones. When the fourth Shinigami came up to display their Shikai, Silas had thought his job done. But that Shinigami had completely flunked the personality test, being to much of a perfectionist to be the Vice Captain of the 5th Division. His hopes had risen more when someone passed the personality test, but they were dashed the moment he saw their Shikai.

Silas was beginning to think the universe was doing this on purpose, finding it funny to see him stressed. But he had hope for the next Shinigami that wished to feel his position, having heard a lot about Hikaru Shibata. Maybe he was the entire package Silas was looking for. And he really did hope Hikaru was the one. Or the entire day would had been a failure.

on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 am

Hikaru Shibata had heard that his current Vice Captain wanted to find a replacement. Truth be told he had thought about trying for the spot. He’d been with Misoka for a while now and knew he needed to do more than just sit around. He sat in his room, thinking about what he should do. He knew he’d grown strong over the years but he was not sure if he was strong enough to be able to take the spot.

After some time thinking he walked over to where Vice Captain Silas was testing those who wanted the spot. He watched from a distance, giggling at times, impressed at others. He had no idea that there were that many strong candidates in his squad. He did see a few people from other squads, but none seemed to measure up. He was beginning to wonder if any would be fit to take over the spot.

During the time others were testing he did put his name on the list. It was last. He had done that on purpose. He felt that if he was to fail that he wanted to at least have it only be known to him and Vice Captain Silas. So Hikaru waited and watched until all the people had tested and seemingly failed. Hikaru waited to see if anyone else was next. When he saw that no one was coming he walked over to the Vice Captain and said hello. He hoped that the Vice Captain was ready and he hoped that he himself was ready as well. He’d try his best for himself and for Misoka.

View user profile

on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 am

Soul
Soul
As Hikaru approached Silas and said hello, reached into one of his sleeves and retrieved a cigarette. The man brought the rolled tobacco to his lips and held one of his fingertips at the edge. Using a minor amount of reiatsu he would cast a small version of the shakkahou spell causing the red flames to ignite just enough to light his cig. He then took in a long deep drag and then let it out before allowing his eyes to fall upon Hikaru. He was a bit disappointed that all he said was a greeting. It was hard to read his intentions based upon that. Did he even really WANT the position of vice captain? "So what makes you think you have what it takes to help lead the 5th Division?" The question was simple, but it wasn't as easy to answer correctly. If someone was too eager they might not have fully thought out the weight of the position or possess dangerous ambition. But if someone replied too half gunned, then they would probably lack the drive to get the job done.

Hikaru's reply would be the first part of his test, but before he could give an answer Silas would a hold up his hand as a sign to "stop" so he could ask one other question first. "After you answer that, tell me WHY you want the position and what you plan to do if you get it." This second question was actually two in one, but it was definitely more important as it really got to the heart of the matter. The whole time Hikaru replied Silas would be using his one eye to watch everything about Hikaru. From facial expressions to body language, he would be probing her for any possible lies.

((Use this chance to talk to both the character Silas, and myself, your tester. When you talk about what Hikaru plans to do after getting the position mention something you honestly plan to do IC with your fellow squad members should any one else join the 5th division as your subordinate. Also please make sure you're familiar with the 5th division's roles here at Bleach Story as your affinity towards leading a group with those responsibilities is also being measured.))

View user profile

on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 am

Hikaru watched quietly as Silas began to smoke, something he was never fond of but did put up with due to the mans position.  He waved a bit of smoke away from his face as he was asked if he has what it takes to help lead Division 5.   Hikaru had to admit that this was a good question indeed.  One he really needed to answer himself.  As he was beginning to think on that question he was asked another.  Why does he want the position and what does he plan to do if he gets it?  That seemed more like two questions to him bringing the total number of questions to three.  He felt he’d need to tackle each one 1 at a time.  He’d start off with the first question asked.

Hikaru wanted to take his time so he thought this over.  As he thought his hand strayed to his chin.  After a short time he said, ”I’ve been with Division 5 since I graduated from the Academy.  I’ve been slowly working my way up the ranks and I feel that I do have what it takes.  In my current spot I’ve been leading squads of men to help out various squads on different missions that we’ve been asked to assist on.  I’d like the opportunity to do that on a much bigger scale if possible as well.  I want this position to prove to myself and others that I am able to lead.  I also want to show that I can come out of my shell if needed and control my anger enough to be of use rather than harm.  “

Hikaru seemed to touch a bit on all three questions with that response, but he wanted to say more.  He was just not sure what to say right away either.  He takes a little more time to think and then begins to answer once more.  ”I would like this position to help out my fellow squad members to become stronger and move up the ranks as well.  I don’t see myself being Vice Captain till I die.  I’d like someone to eventually surpass me and or replace me.  I’d also like to help in leading missions with other squads and helping out as needed in making sure that all remains safe here and in the world of the living.    I believe that should cover most of what you’ve asked.  The only one left would be why I want it.  The answer to that would be that I want to prove to myself that I have what it takes to lead the Division rather than just sit by and watch from the shadows.  I also want to protect those that I love and know from harm as well and eventually work to improve myself.  With this position I wish to help others as I have been helped and eventually obtain my Bankai and work to fully lead the Division.  I know that will take time but helping others is more important.”  

Hikaru giggles a bit now due to realizing that he’s been rambling on.  After the laugh he looks back at Silas, who by then has finished at least 3 cigs, and says, ”Sorry for rambling like that.  I must seem a bit odd to you now.  I do wish to help others most of all and work to improve myself.  I want to lead this division and help it to work well with others as it should.  I hope this does answer all of your questions.”

View user profile

on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:50 am

Soul
Soul
((Forcing myself to post since I've been holding this up. Please feel free to look for another rper to take over Silas if you'd like a faster poster. P.S. No godmodding! You don't get to choose how many cigs my character smoked Razz ))

By the time Hikaru had finished, Silas was taking in a slow and final drag off of his cigarette before ashing it and putting out the cherry. The current vice captain then returned the butt of the cig to his sleeves...at least the man didn't litter. Alright. That's good enough for me. Now show me your shikai." It was a simple enough request, but it was the next logical request. "If it seems like it suits the 5th division then I'll leave the place in your hands." Silas smiled to himself as he took out another cig and lit it up while he waited for Hikaru to perform his shikai. The bastard didn't seem to be taking things too seriously, but one look at his eyes would tell any veteran warrior that he was watching Hikaru closely. He wasn't just looking for a type of shikai that fit the 5th Division. In truth, there is no such shikai. Instead he was watching Hikaru's shikai for weaknesses and openings. If it wasn't mastered enough, then Hikaru wouldn't be strong enough to handle leading the squad.

View user profile

on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:56 am

((sorry for the wait.  It’s ok that your taking your time since I seem to be doing the same.  Razz  Also, I know he’s a chain smoker or smokes quite a bit so I was just trying to say that Hikaru had taken his time to replay and Silas may have smoked at least 3 by the time Hikaru fully replied.  Should have made that more clear.  Sorry about that.))

Hikaru was a bit shocked at the request but knew that at some point he’d have to prove he knew Shikai in order to show he could be in the spot.  With that being said he took a couple of steps back and drew his Zanpakuto which immediately covered itself in flame.  Once he was sure that Silas was watching he called out the command.  ”Rise from the ashes and torch our enemies, The Wolf of Misery, Ken!”

After that he was surrounded by flame.  It starts from his feet and swirls around him, engulfing him in flames.  The flames wrap around him for a short time and clear the same way they arrived.  Once the flames clear it can be seen that Hikaru’s outfit has changed.  He is now dressed in a pair of loose fitting, brown colored pants and he is not wearing a shirt.  He does have a tattered cape on and in his hand he now holds what seems to be a bow staff that is 7 feet in length.  He turns the staff upright and sets the end down on the ground.  Once that happens a blade made of flame appears and it now looks like he is holding a scythe.  Just after he spoke the command Hikaru had closed his eyes.  Now that the transformation is complete he opens them and looks over to Silas with a serious look on his face, expecting that now that he is in Shikai he may be attacked or asked to spar. It was then that Hikaru was given a look as if to continue. Hikaru thought for a few moments on what would be the best attack to use. As he thought he saw some sparing dummies not far away and knew they were within range of one of his attacks. He turned to face then and raised his scythe. The flame on the scythe moved and the staff shortened a bit. The scythe itself turned into what looked like an archers bow with the string being made out of flame. Calling upon one arrow made of fire he drew the string back. Once he had a target lined up he released the string and called out, ”Flame Arrow”

The arrow shot right at the target and hit it dead center. The target mostly just burned up being made out of straw. He then drew the string back once more and charged a second fire arrow. This time he turned away from the target and shot at one of the members of the Division. Along its path Hikaru raised his hand and controlled the direction the arrow was going, missing the person he shot the arrow at and hitting one of the other dummies, causing this one as well to burn up. He then changed the bow back into a scythe and looked back at Silas. ”Should I show more, or was that good?” he asked, unsure of how much of his Shikai Silas wanted to see.

View user profile

on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am

Soul
Soul
The current vice captain watched carefully as Hikaru stepped forth and revealed an impressive release. Silas wondered if Hikaru could perform shikai without saying the name yet or not, but decided it didn't matter. The release was an impressive display of flame and reiastu. Silas felt that the type of weapon was a bit unorthodox, but the attack he revealed showed a good and stable control over reiatsu as well as physical strength and accuracy with bow and arrow. It was a beautiful display of what 5th division principles were all about. Balance and control in every thing.

For the first time, Silas' eyes showed and approving gleam as he smirked and held his hands up. "Alright, alright, that's plenty." The Vice Captain walked up to Hikaru slowly and a terrible murderous intent seeping out of him. The shinigami had a crooked grin on his face and it seemed as though he was about to attack Hikaru.

SWISH!

A sudden swift movement occured from Silas, but it wasn't an attack. He quickly removed the Vice Captain badge from his arm and held it out in front of Hikaru, "Congrats, you get the spot" He then tossed the badge to Hikaru and started walking away from the division grounds.

((This isn't over yet, stop him and ask what gives.))

View user profile

on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:15 am

Hikaru watched Silas wondering just what was on his mind. As he approached he gulped a moment and prepared himself for a fight. He stepped back a bit and took a fighting stance. When he saw the badge being tossed to him Hikaru was shocked. He caught it, looked it over a moment, wondering if that was all. He knew it could not be that easy. If that were so then someone else would’ve taken the spot. There were, after all, many others before him that seemed to have pretty decent Shikai. He was not sure on their answers, but he was sure he was not the only one to be able to make such a showing. It was with that in mind that he ran after Silas. As he ran toward the previous VC he shouted, ”Hey wait up. What gives? It can’t have been that easy.”

Once Hikaru caught up he would continue. ”I’ve been watching you and many others before me all day long. Seriously, what gives? I’ve seen many wonderful Shikai and many fails. I’ve even seen some better than mine, well, at least in my eyes. Why just give it to me without so much as a fight? Seems a bit odd to me.”

Hikaru was not one to normally question things, but he felt something was not quite right with the whole ordeal. He needed to know what the whole story was and Silas was the only one who could answer his questions.

View user profile

on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Soul
Soul
"Ha?...oh right, here. Congrats." Silas raised his brown as Hikaru chased after him and thought he wanted something other than just the badge, so he started to get out a celebratory cig for Hikaru to have before walking into the Vice Captain's quarters to start packing his things. Meanwhile, Hikaru went on about how he thought there had to be something more to things, "Your Shikai was the most suited. Simple as that." The man said as he continued packing his things, "I requires a balance between spiritual mastery and physical mastery. The 5th division should be balanced...unlike me." Silas made a bit of a face and he thought about his own powers, but he quickly shook the thoughts away and finished up his packing.

When Silas was done, he had a large bag tied to his back that looked like it would barely fit through the door. "If you aren't cut out for the job, some one else who is will replace you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a beautiful new captain to go meet~" And with that, the man performed a shunpo and was off leaving Hikaru and the division to fend for themselves. As the 5th Division they were mostly on standby as a reserve group. This would give Hikaru plenty of time to get the handle over his new position, but he still had one final test. The real test. How would he face his comrades with the news of his promotion?

((Your final test is to address your squad as Vice Captain for the first time. Try to raise their morale and get their support as the leader with a rousing speech or something.))

View user profile
#10Sponsored content 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Por favor, faça o login para responder

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum